main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA COMIC-CON July 19 - 23, 2006

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Look for a groupd of TIE pilots throwing in their 2 cents. I think they interviewed us about Trek vs. Wars...at least...someone did. :)

2. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i tivo attack of the show everyday however i have the "directtv" brand tivo and don't know how i can transfer the tivo'd shows to a dvd burner. can anyone point me out to the right direction so i can archive my AOTS episodes? btw i use a Mac not a PC for dvd burning:)

3. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Hmm, Star Wars is WAY BETTER THAN STAR TREK. And that's including the prequels to weigh Star Wars down. Star Wars RULES!!!!!!!! :p

No, it really does...and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise! :mad:

4. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    The PT have their own unique brand of suckiness of their own which can not compare to anything else since no matter how bad it is or was, it still made a profit.:confused:

And this whole Star Trek vs Star Wars crap is just that -- a load of crap perpetuated by non fan media who like to cause nothing more than agravation amongst fan groups. It's stupid, rediculous, and does nothing more than label a person. I don't know about the rest of you but I refuse to be labeled, indexed, or classified.

It's not a matter of which is better since they are entirely different things that happen to take place in space. I'm sick of hearing about it and never debate it other than the very foolishness of the debate. Unfortunately I've noticed more of the vitriol coming from Star Wars fans which makes absolutely no sense to me. I like both and hate both equally. Both were great at one time for me, and now both are dead to me.

If somebody doen't like Star Wars, fine. Somebody doesn't like Trek, fine. But to make it seem like it's some sort of rivalry is nuts, plain and simple. And we would be gullible to fall into such a trap. It's like Sam Spade vs Sherlock Holmes. Just because they are both in mystery genre, doesn't make them rivals.

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    But what about SF vs. LA? ;)

6. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Lastnight's G4 AOTS episode of Star Wars vs Star Trek was just a debate of which franchise is better. It featured Kevin Rubio of Troops fame as the Star Wars expert, and I forget who as the Star Trek expert. Intresting and fun debate,, but I wouldn't say it was worth keeping on video.

The channel at CC that was asking the SW vs ST question was Fuse TV. Here he is interviewing us.
    [image=http://www.goldengategarrison.com/albums-ggg/Friday-Comiccon2006/IMG_0218.sized.jpg]

There was another channel that interviewed us, some Anime network?
    [image=http://www.goldengategarrison.com/albums-ggg/Friday-Comiccon2006/IMG_0228.sized.jpg]

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah, they both interviewed our TIE squad at one point. Not sure if that made it onto the show.

8. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Yeah, they also interviewed both me and my bro when we were dressed as Luke.

BTW - She did not get around to do it herself, so Leah (PrincessLeah) gave me permission to post the link to her pics of CC06:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=11w3c3hm.bmo3rsj2&Uy=-uem98e&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfr

**For some reason, I was not able to do the short-cut version of the link w/o showing the entire web addy for this link. ^:oops:

9. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    The guy from the Anime channel heard my voice amp and asked "How come your voice sounds like that? You got a blender in there or something?"

I told him, "Yeah dude, I'm making margaritas, want one?" [face_alien_1]

10. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm just now getting a chance to check things out online - awesome pictures! Thank you to eveyrone who took pictures, shared them, and to Kathy who puts so much work into the awesome photo gallery! :)

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    If anyone who bought an autographed photo (or have one without a frame) would like a nice way to display it, can contact me about the plaques that I use for my collection:

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Natplaque.jpg]

They are wood with a marble-like finish, measure 10 1/2" x 13", and run about $20.

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/plaquewall.jpg]

They come with a brass plaque that can have up to three lines, and can be made for horizontal photos as well. PM me if interested.

12. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    That's hilarious, Elmo!

Is that your personal collection there Jedhead? Looks good.

13. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    that's a really nice collection of autographs you got there matt! how did u get the natalie portman autograph? i've been searching all over for her autograph! maybe we should start a photos section of everyone's SW collection. i have a few displays that i'd like to show.

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, that's my collection of autographs, skye. Well, that's only half of it! I have the Skywalkers (Hayden, Natalie, Jake Lloyd and Pernilla August) on another wall, and Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, and Ray Park on another wall. Then there's the other 20 I still have in a photo binder waiting to be hung up. While I have the ANH poster on the wall, I have the other 5 rolled in tubes. Just not enough wall space! :oops:

As for getting Nat's autograph, that was hard to get, but I found out that if you give her just the right amount of alcohol.... [face_mischief]

I think a photo section for our collections would be cool. Maybe we could put it on our profile pages on the SFFF website. Did ya hear that, Kathy? ;)

15. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    exactly what kind of alcohol is natalie's favorite? i'll go to costco and buy a bulk of it! hehehehe what's your technique in getting autographs? do you go to wattographs to get the addresses? do you also collect non-SW actors like smallville actors?
    i have a few smallville actors (Mike Rossenbaum, Annette O Toole, Chloe, and a cast reproduced one)

16. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    I have autos from Richard Donner, Gillian Anderson, every band member from Sigur Ros, the Lone Gunmen of The X-Files, William B. Davis (Cigarette Smoking Man), Nicholas Lea (Krycek), Mitch Pillegi (Skinner). I think those are all the non Star Wars ones. My favorites among those being the Richard Donner auto and Sigur Ros. :D

17. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003

Is Sister_Sola Cassandra? I didn't know she waas a manager at TFn.

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Ok, let's get back to the title of this thread, and keep everything else to PM's, phone calls and e-mails.

Does anyone else have pics to submit to Kathy from CC, or for that matter, from recent events like "Pirates" and "Superman"?

19. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Kathy, I am going to pick up my pictures from Costco today and I had them make CDs so I can send you those. I can either give them to you next event or mail them to you if you would like. Just PM me with an address. Charles also has pictures for you and I will try to send those at the same time. Sorry for my slower technology. But my mom wants to buy a digital camera and says I can share it. Now I just have to decide which one. It has to be point and shoot since she is not techno savy at all.

20. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Matt! I'm so jelouse of your wall. I wunt one 2 :*
    I bet it took you a long time to get that collection :p
    Did you get meet them all?

21. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i have pics.a few from MR party and a few from various booths (and booth babes) that i can share with the group. let me put it all in a folder or just dump them on photobucket

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, me and Harrison are best buds. [face_liarliar]

23. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005

[/quote]

Yeah, me and Harrison are best buds. [face_liarliar] [/quote]

Sure Matt . . . I know that probably was a dumb question [face_worried] (hahahahaha)
    You cannot be his friend. Harrison didn't remember you when I ask him :D

24. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Yeah, me and Harrison are best buds. [face_liarliar] [/quote]

Sure Matt . . . I know that probably was a dumb question [face_worried] (hahahahaha)
    You cannot be his friend. Harrison didn't remember you when I ask him :D [/quote]

Good one, Arashi!

25. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Things have been crazy since I got back from the con, but I did want to post a belated thank you to all of you guys who were there - you made the con such a fun and wonderful experience! Friends really make all the difference at a con. I had a blast, and I'm looking forward to going again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.