COMIC-CON July 19 - 23, 2006

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by JedHead1, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I had such an awesome time at CC with you Alison! I hope I get to see you at the next event (whatever that is).
    You are an awesome costumer and an awesome person.

Just watch out for those SF guys *eyes Matt and Dale* ;)
    (That's what she said)
  2. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    True
  3. ARASHI Jedi Knight

star 2
    hahahahaha :D
    Ohh those boys are so much fun :)
  4. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
  5. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
  6. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_laugh]
    Nice, guys..you sure you aren't twins? ;)
  7. jedimasterdan650 Jedi Padawan

some pics from comic-con:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYtW7lqzatGT6
  8. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love the first pic with the blue ring. I wanted to see it from that view anyway, and didn't get to till now. Awesome!
  9. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Anyone else have pics/links for Kathy to add to the website?
  10. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I have pics, but it's nothing much. I'll burn a CD. The blue rings look like a super laser element from the Death Star except not green.
  11. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    I had CDs made when I got my pictures developed. I just need to know the best way to get them to her.
  12. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    That would be great. If anyone else has photos they'd like to submit for the official SFFF gallery please send them to me by e-mail or burn them for me and bring them to the picnic on the 19th or a future meeting. Right now the comic-con gallery (and a few others) is still in a rough form, so I'd be able to add more photos to it. Once I have them all I'd format the gallery pages to have our banner and nav bar at the side. At that point it's pretty much a done deal and I can't add anymore photo sets to the specified gallery page.

Keep in mind I probably can't add more photos to the site until after Labor Day or after Halloween (I'm taking time to do the web site inbetween vacations, sewing and the occasional 'real' world work).

- kay dee

P.S. I just got back from a weeks vacation in LA without Internet Access. I know I missed out on some fun here and didn't quite have a chance to respond to a few things publicly. I just hope lurkers know that I'd never suggest something to be mean, offensive, or derogatory.
  13. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, I think photos of SW collections are best for the member profile pages. It's the easiest way for me to insert that sort of stuff right now since our nav bar is still static. In the end they are your personal collections, not the SFFF collection.

So send them in by e-mail with captions whenever you'd like :)

- kay dee
  14. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, she is our current costume and props moderator. I knew Cassandra before she was a mod. Before Cassandra, other mutual friends of ours (ObiDawnKenobi and SurlyGirly) were mods. I guess it should be no surprise my first Star Wars TFN friends were other regulars at the costume and props forum :) Then I wandered over here to get involved with local fans as well. :)
  15. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I flew off the handle... I accept partial to full responsbility for what I wrote. Still, overall, I don't care and stand by what I said. I'm not gonna go back on my words because that's just my way. Sorry Kat, part of me knew there was something horribly wrong with that post, the other part however... I didn't care, and unfortunately I think that part is winning more and more often.

oh right... so what I wanted to say. Even after all the vacation hours I use for ComicCon I still have 186 hours! Time to book a Vegas trip or something. In the MIDDLE OF THE WEEK SUCKAS! o_O
  16. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I honestly can't comment because I never saw the post. I'm not asking for anyone to take things back (I don't even fully know what was said) I just never had a chance to clarify my own name posting error. I also didn't want anyone visiting our bboards to think I'd ever say somoeone here reminds me of a villain for their personality. I'd also never suggest someone resembles or should costume as someone I think of as unattractive either (unless that person was into putting on prosthetics and make-up and dressing as horror villains, aliens, and things of that nature).

- kay dee
  17. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Kay-Dee is a super nice person all! Unfortunately it's slipping for me, I can feel it.
  18. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    On to a sunnier, even hilarious note, through his blog on MySpace I got hold of our friend, Ken aka Elvis Trooper's Comic-Con pix.

Just go to the above link or go directly to his web-site:

ElvisTrooper Comic-Con06

See if you could spot some of the celebs...:cool: [face_mischief]
  19. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    KATHY! KATHY! KATHY! Guess what? I just finished watching "Jimmy Kimmel: Live" and actor Justin Long was on. He was promoting his upcoming film, "Accepted", and he was talking about going to Comic-Con. Then he began showing pictures he took there, and lo and behold, YOUR FACE came up! He was telling the funny "Ewan McGregor story" you told me about, and while he was telling it, the camera was on the photo, with YOU in it! You're a national celebrity now! [face_dancing]

If anyone can find it on YouTube, or anywhere on the net (the other guests were Matt Dillon and Ziggy Marley), please post a link.

This gives me an idea. Since they shoot that show in downtown LA near the convention center, maybe they could commemorate the 30th anniversary by having a Star-Wars themed show, with an audience full of C4 attendees, and guests would be celebs from the con. Doesn't sound that far-fetched, does it? Are you listening, Mary Franklin? ;)
  20. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I had so much fun too! (I still can't believe I never got to see you in your Hark Girl costume in person, though!) When will you be able to make it to another event out our way?
  21. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Who knows. Life is getting crazy for me. I'm getting in over my head with too many groups, but I'm having so much fun that I can't turn things down. Is this what it feels like to lose your mind?

I want to try to make it to WonderCon at least. I may not make it to C4 or anything else with the way my schedule is going. Any chance on you making it out here for Sac Con Sept 3rd?
  22. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw your post at the costuming and props thread. Darn, if I had only been watching the show last night! How funny, I never would have thought the photo SisterSola took for them with their cameras would be used as part of a talk show conversation. At BEST I thought he might tell the story of 'yeah, we recently went to comic-con, that place it nuts' or something.

For those who didn't hear the story of our encouter with Justin Long here it is:

Sister_Sola, her friend Brian (Nabooty_Call) and I were roaming the convention with our costumes on and SiterSola says 'Hey, isn't that Justin Long? From that movie Accepted?' I had my camera on me and said to her "Shoud I try to get his picture?" I think he spotted us out of the corner of his eye and so he casually wandered over to us! Brian was dressed as Prequel Obi-Wan Kenobi and Justin was like "Man, you look just like Ewan McGreggor!" He then went on talking to him as if he was Ewan, asking him how it was working on Star Wars, he loves his work, what's his next project (The Island? No, The Island 2!)... etc. Pretty funny!

Marie Thayer and Blake Lively seemed very excited that we were in costumes and were all "We have to take a photo with you! This will be fun!" I wasn't sure if they wanted a picture with just "Ewan" or with both of us in costume. So as they were figuring out how they wanted to pose I asked Justin if I should step away or join the photo. Justin says something like "Sure, Princess Leia should be in the photo - you know she gave me my first [arousal]." The girls decided they wanted to do a cheerleader pyramid pose. Blake told me they were making goofy faces for photos all day, so I could look bored or silly if I wanted to.

SisterSola wasn't in costume, so she manned their cameras as well as mine. If I'd known my photo was gonna be on a talk show I would have smiled normally rather than listening to the 'look bored or silly' suggestion Blake gave. I smiled when my my camera was used though :)

[image=http://kay-dee.net/comic-con06/hall-cost/images/IMG_5359%20copy.jpg]

After our photo session Justin made a point to shake my hand and say thanks or 'nice meeting you'. It sure was nice of all of them to pose for photos with us! I don't know if they thought 'look at the freaks at the convention!' or what. I didn't get that vibe, I got the feeling they were just having fun with it all as we were.

--------------------

That would be a cool idea, a taping of the Jimmy Kimmel show with Star Wars Fans. I didn't see last nights show, so I'm not sure why they would have been out at the convention center for that segment? I know that in the past when fans were lined up for the ROTS premeiere he'd pull people from the line (since I think it was right by the theater his show is taped at) and do little bits with them. I remember a dating game bit that may have been done with a cast-off from the Bachelor and 3 'star wars geeks'.
  23. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Hard to say... it sounds like fun, but work is very weird lately. It would be fabulous if you could make it out for Wondercon!
  24. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Bantha Tracks comic-con report is now online. I was surprised to see my photo with r2 used for the intro! Thanks to the person who submitted it (Perhaps the GGG photographer? Someone here?).

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/banthaonline/

I see someone submitted a photo I had taken at the 501st photo shoot. How funny, I didn't submit any of my photos because I didn't think they were interesting. Live and learn, next time I will.

- kay dee
  25. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Cool, Kathy (again)! It looks like someone submitted a pic of me in my TIE pilot costume too.

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/banthaonline/f20060815/indexp6.html
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.