main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Comic Con

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I posted this on the temporary SSWS boards ( I was the fourth person to register at the new site.. YAY me!)... who all is coming down to San Diego for Comic Con this year? July 16-20th. Depot, Beth, Bluewolf...lets all go out to dinner whether or not the 501st get their act together and arrange an official dinner or not. Last I heard, the 501st dinner was cancelled. We have actor John Morton (Dak from ESB, and also he played Boba Fett and a stormtrooper in some scenes) signing autographs at our table during Comic Con. I'm sure we could get him to come to dinner with us as well.

So who all is coming from Garrison Titan and Alpha Base? I'll be sporting my new Stormtrooper armor and I'm looking forward to finally getting to "troop" with you guys. :D

2. PunkJr

PunkJr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    Right now it's looking like Beth, Amanda & I making the drive down. :)

I'm SO excited. I've got a bunch of costumes to wear! :D

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, I have a bunch of costumes to wear this year as well:

- Jedi
    - Stormtrooper with and without a spacepack
    - Royal Guard
    - Perhaps Boba Fett if I can get that finished
    - Ghostbuster with proton pack

4. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    I will definitely be there and I can't wait to see you all suited up! :D

I agree about dinner. And remember, Linda, I'm buying yours this year! I might actually have a non-SW costume this year in addition to my armor. It's so exciting!

Can it really be only a month away?

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I hear there will be six of you coming down now! If you are here Wednesday, we'd like to invite you to a fanforce dinner at Seaport Village at my Vice Chancellor's restaurant. The complete dinner will only be $10 for the meal and drink which is quite reasonable.

And to help you find our booth, please see the map of the comic con floor below with key Star Wars locations color coded:

Comic Con map

6. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Every year this sounds like more and more fun. Maybe I can plan for next year (personal travel budget blown this year with 3 weeks in England!!!). Got friends in SoCal, too, so could make the trip do double duty.

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    If any of you are in San Diego on Wednesday, we would like to invite you to the Fanforce dinner on Wednesday July 16th after preview night. If you can come, please RSVP on this thread:

RSVP for Fanforce Dinner

The dinner is from 9:00pm - 10:45 pm at the Greek Island's Cafe Restaurant in Seaport Village (Walking distance from Convention center - Parking is free at that time of night). My Co-City Rep is the head Chef there and is giving us a discount. Complete meals will cost between $7-$10. Jeff Parks from Parksabers.com will be in attendance at the dinner as well. People from several fanforce chapters are expected to be in attendance - San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Inland Empire, Phoenix and hopefully you guys). Guests/family members are of course welcome. Dress is casual or costume... whatever you feel comfortable in.

8. Crimson

Crimson Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    I'm frightened by you all.

When are you doing one of these costume party things in Seattle, so I can come make my documentary???

9. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Costume Party? ComicCon is a convention, not a costume party. And we just HAD a convention in Seattle....see the Westercon thread.

10. garethvk

garethvk Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    No chance for me. I wanted to, but work and all my media stuff has me booked. I wanted to cover the con, but I have reviews, lan events, and interviews I need to get finished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.