main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Comic-Con

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Fargin' lucky bastages! All of you! Have fun and good luck to Matt and Helen in finding more stuffs for y'all's collections!

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    The Con was absolutely awesome. The DH clan had a wonderful time, hanging out with our Star Wars buds. I'll post my pics later today. The breakfast was fun and we got a lot of cool stuff, I'm not sure it's $57.32 per person cool but pretty cool still.

I enjoyed the Star Wars panels, the games look really great but scary, especially "Mercenary". Steve Sansweet's presentation was so great! My sancho Rick McCallum was there with Hayden Christenson. It was really exciting. No real spoilers, save the title announcement. The shirt was all I bought because those people charge too much.

3. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Comic-con was an absolute blast, and I think a highlight was definately the SW Spectacular panel. When they announced the title, I lost all feeling in my body.

Thanks to all for a great time, at the dinner! Even though Bubba-man lied, it was great. Thanks for welcoming us to your table, and see you guys next time around!

Jedi_Devi

4. Clawdite_Daisy

Clawdite_Daisy Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    I met a lot of great new people, bumped into some old friends, and enjoyed the company of my LAFF friends. I really enjoyed the pub. Loved gossipping with Jedi Devi and Selina. My best moment(next to the Episode 3 revelation) was meeting Shannon McRandle, the Mara Jade model.

At the 501st photos, some of the officers had "issues" with the Mara Jades being behind them in the procession. We were placed behind the Bounty Hunters and in front of the Tusken Raiders. That is no way to treat an Emperor's Hand. We have the same choking abilities as Vader. When it was Photo time, the other Mara Jades and I united and we convinced Max to put us closer to the Emperor.

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Hey Daisy - it was great to see you. I hope you got your shirt. I'm sorry we did not get to see you at the Pub afterwards, it had been a long day so we did not stay long.

I really enjoyed meeting Jedi_Devi's mom. She is a good sport for letting her young and impressionable daughter hang out with a bunch of reprobates. I wish it was just a little quieter so I could speak and hear though.

It was wonderful to see Liz and Bernie, albeit for a very short time. I hope you got to enjoy the con this time since you guys are always working it.

As much as many people disliked having C3 in Indy, it would have been absolutely crazy in San Diego. I can't wait to go!

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I had the best time at Comic-Con. I don't have time to write a detailed report right now, but the highlights included:
    The revelation of Episode III's title.
    Hanging out with LAFF members all throughout the Con, and at Dublin's.
    Meeting cool SW fans from San Francisco, Seattle, and San Diego.
    Huge Star Wars presence.
    The awesome location of my hotel and the huge room that we got.
    Getting Mark Hamill's autograph.
    Getting Amy Allen's autograph and taking a pic with her.
    Getting Jake Lloyd's autograph.
    Getting on Hyperspace webcam.
    Getting a hug from a young lady while in my Jedi costume.
    Being photographed with my Rebel Trooper costume on.
    Getting a free beer for wearing my x-wing targeting computer t-shirt.
    Getting hooked-up by DB.
    I'll post more memories and photos tonight after I get home from work.

7. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Well, I've yet to see any pictures, except the few from the officila site on friday night....
    all i can say is WOW at the news of the title! Ican't believe GL had apulled another quick thruster move and released the title (and a pretty good one) so soon.

I'm glad all who went had a blast....look forward to seeing the pictures!!!

Revenge of the sith....who knew?!?!?!?!

8. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I kind of figured it was going to be "Revenge of the Sith". I was at the con on Saturday, and I couldn't believe all the "Revenge of the Sith" merchandise that was being sold, and only minutes after the announcement! Shirts and other little things. Vendors don't waste any time. Anyway, it was probably one of best SW gatherings I've ever been too. There's nothing like seeing Mark Hamill sitting next to a life sized X-Wing, signed autographs. And Carrie Fisher only a few feet away from him. And Daniel Logan and Ray Park. What a treat. I'm glad they showed some "making of" stuff on the big screen as well. I also spent an hour &1/2 in Hamill's ballroom for his Comic Book: The Movie Thing.

The other events were good too. The AvP scenes, the AvP fight scene, pretty wild. And Sarah Michelle Gellar's first convention appearance -- I was mesmerized. She is awesome, to the max. All the other females there were literally in worship-mode at the sight of her (the real Buff).

9. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Sounds awesome guys, I love reading the stories you all are posting!

10. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I had one of the best times ever. I enjoyed hanging out with all the LAFF that were there, meeting the DH clan and JR's friend. I loved all the panels I went to, the Star Wars and the non Star Wars ones. The movie studio panels were great, lots of footage of their upcoming movies plus big stars. Speaking of big stars, I loved getting Carrie Fisher's autograph and getting to speak to her. I loved the goodie bag from the breakfast (still wondering what those flat round things are used for) and all the other free stuff I got from every booth. I didn't enjoy the standing in lines but they weren't all that bad. I tried not to spend money but that was out the window when I bought a Parks Lightsaber which I have with me right now in the office. I have been going up and down the halls here at work looking for Sith. I also picked up a Luke Skywalker Bust from Gentle Giant finally after trying to win the raffle for two days. One thing to remember for the next convention though is pain killer. Thanks to Helen and her Motrin. My back thanks you too. Also, next time I'm going to have me a costume. JR and DB can't get all the attention. That was my trip, loved it and can't wait for the next one. CIII here I come.

11. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    BEST. COMIC CON. EVER.

Got to hang with Bubba, Racer, Haskett, and Daisy for a bit too. Good times.

12. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    [image=http://www.petergenovese.com/gallery/2004/2004_07_25_ComicCon/images/142_4209.jpg]

13. Clawdite_Daisy

Clawdite_Daisy Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    DH,
    Yes, I was able to get my T shirts. Thanks for your concern. I saw you and Helen going to your hotel. I tried to call for you but it was too noisy. Next year I will try to get a room there. Sheraton Suites were nice but the Shuttle ride was a pain.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    ArtMaul, I must be secretly blonde or something (sorry to my fair haired buddies). I thought you looked familiar but could not figure out why! I'm lame. Next time smack me and remind me. Waiting in line for the Saturday event was so much fun. I enjoyed hanging out with Emily and all of the other LiningUp.net people. They seemed really nice.

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Nooo!! DH has been turned to the dark side!

Just kidding..

I just posted a mega long post in the other comic-con thread.. of which there are 3 now.

My pics are also posted in the usual place.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Just because I thought some of the LiningUp.Net people were nice does not mean I'm turning to the Dark Side. I appreciated the fact that they let me jump in line with them and were quite pleasant. This does not mean I want to spend 6 weeks with them.

17. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Please post/ share your photos.

When you add, go to the same folder J-R created under LAFF events, page 2. This way, we have one source for all the images.

18. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, everyone SHOULD be able to add their photos to the album. If not, send me the pics, and I'll add them. I'll try to manage all the photos, so don't worry about sizing them if you don't know how.

I can't wait to see everyone's pics! I was disappointed that I really didn't take too many pictures.

19. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I've got a few pictures of Comic Con. Since it was my first I just took pictures of everything, somethings Star Wars some things not. I'm mad that my Carrie Fisher came out blurry. They made me move too fast. Anyway I'll try to post them tonight when I get home.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I am, as usual, computer challenged and am not able to post my pics for whatever reason. I am sure it is my fault because when it comes to computers, I am Darth Lame-o. I'll try to get mine up tonight, if not, I'll bring them in and JR will post them for me.

21. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I enjoyed how the weather in San Diego stayed fairly warm up until midnight. And the ocean view was gorgeous. My mates and I ate out on the pier; a lovely dinner right after spending time with Hamill, about Comice Book: The Movie at the con. ;) I should have brought a camera since so many SW stars were around. Just wasn't being that ambitious, just wanted to have fun.

22. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Oh yes, my mum is a very good sport for letting me go to such a place like an Irish pub! But really, it was a good way for her to see that all of you guys aren't freaks that are like... growning tentacles or anything. Um, minus the tentacle part, but yeah. :) Heh heh. Ah yes, very impressionable. She's raised a Jedi before, my older brother, so I think she'll let me hang out with you kids more.

Comic-con... god, what a great con. It's one of my personal favorites. I got to hang out with many other friends of mine. I met almost everyone I've met at cons before, and I met some other great LAFF members, too! Thanks for a great time.

Jedi_Devi

23. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Even though Bubba-man lied, it was great What I said was true, from a certain Point of View.

It was a restaurant till 10:30, as posted. Glad you all had fun.

24. CPPJedi

CPPJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey guys! Just saw all the pics. They look awesome and it looks like you all had a lot of fun.

ROTS BABY!!!

25. jedibendubruce

jedibendubruce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Had a great time on Sat. Didn't have the chance to spend much time at the Con this yr but it was a good one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.