main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Comic-Con

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by marmakecam, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    So aside from Kelsey, Mike and me is anyone else planning to go to Comic-Con this year?

2. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    But not working there, right? Didn't you or someone point out LFL isn't going to have a presence there this year?

3. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I didn't say they're not going to have a presence, they're just not going to have booths. There's still going to be a "Star Wars Day" with lots of panels and stuff. We're not sure if we're working yet. Mary said she may need us to help with Steve Sansweet's presentation or some other stuff but we don't know anything for sure. If we are working it won't be nearly as many hours as before.

4. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Oh, OK. :~)

5. majiinkilljoy

majiinkilljoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    i was ganna go but it fell on the same time bri has nationals at disneyland and i'm already going to that, so one again i must say next year for sure or they'll be hell to pay

6. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Nationals for what?

7. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I'm going to wager a guess on.....cheerleading?

8. majiinkilljoy

Nov 20, 2005
    yeah your right and its all three days so i can't go at all

9. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
  10. majiinkilljoy

Nov 20, 2005
    wait i think i was thinking of wizardworld. maybe i can go to comic con, when is it again?

11. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    ComicCon is the big one. It's July 20-23rd.

12. majiinkilljoy

Nov 20, 2005
    well if i can save enough money than i'm in

13. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Might wanna talk to Mike, I know he has a room already so he might be able to split it. That'd help you both out.

14. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Anyone have any more news on Comic-Con? Last I heard Mike, Kelsey and myself are all going for sure, anyone else? Jonathan? Garrett? By the way, we got into the Hyatt via Lucasfilm so if anyone needs our room at the Raddison before I cancel it let me know.

15. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    I thought the other room was at the Marriott...

16. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Marriott, Raddison, same thing. The expensive one right next to the convention center.

17. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I'm going, but it all comes down to money. If I don't have enough, I probably won't go. If I do, I will.

Unfortunately, my friend maliciously scheduled his wedding on the day of the first day of the Con, and also maliciously put me in the wedding, so I won't be able to be down there until late that night or the next day. So it's going to be playing a lot of it by ear, but I hope so.

I'm kinda nervous though, I've been trolley horror dreams. I think they're coming for me again.

18. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Isn't the first day of the con a Thursday... is your friend getting married on a Thursday?

Try to at least make it for Star Wars day, they'll probably be announcing some sweet stuff. I'd guess we'll get info on Celebration 4, the live action TV series and probably even see something from the Cartoon (at least character designs or something). I don't know if it'll be Friday or Saturday, they'll probably announce it soon. It's probably the same day as it usually is, but I can't remember which day that is.

19. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    It's always the Saturday I think. That's what I remember it as at least.

And yeah, they're getting married in the middle of the week sometime. I have no idea why, unfortunately I had no say in the matter. :confused: Same goes for Eric and David, we all have to haul down there afterwards.

20. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Speaking of Cel IV, anyone heard anything further confirming that rumor about it being in LA?

/keeps fingers crossed

That would soooooooo rock!

21. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    No I haven't heard anything. That place in LA sort of sucks though, there's no food or hotels very close. It would be nice not to have to fly though.

22. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Yeah I would rather it be an hour away and not have food than it be 2,000 miles away.

23. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Last chance, does anyone need my hotel reservation? If not I'm canceling it very soon.

24. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Why do you not need it again? And where/when is it for? We (my group) might take it, I'm not sure.

I miss you guys already. :(

25. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    We don't need it because we got Hyatt reservations through LucasFilm.

The one I need to cancel is for the Marriot (right next to the convention center), it's for Wed-Sat nights and it's $219 per night. I need to cancel it really soon, probably Tuesday so if you want it let me know ASAP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.