main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comic Stores in Bako

Discussion in 'Archive: Bakersfield CA' started by sith1137, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    Ugh, so i made a post, and got an error so i gotta do this again.

Anywhoo, i was on my way to get Legacy #2 last week at Golden Glove or whatever it was calling itself...and yes i now know that Legacy #2 comes out today. But i pull up, and the store is empty. like completely empty. not only that, but theres workors in there. i couldnt tell if they were pulling stuff apart or putting it back together.

but that was the only comic store in bako that i know of, besides Russos, but they dont have new ones(i dont think). I know borders gets them, i actually got #1 there, but id rather go to a comic store to get my stuff.

anyone know of any other good stores in bako?

2. JediPastor

JediPastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    I'm sorry I'm not uch up on comic books. I remember seeing a lot of comic books at Russos.

I did a yellow pages search under comic and found these:

Golden Glove Cards & Comics
    3611 Stockdale Hwy #J
    831-4760

and
    Darkside Comics
    5610 District Blvd #108
    833-2773

3. DarthPepper

DarthPepper Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2003
    I go to Darkside Comics on District Blvd.
    They have been my comics store choice for many years and they put your comic in a plastic baggie when you buy it. The other store - Gloden Glove - is mainly a card collecting shop and has a bunch of RPG games going a lot.
    I don't really like their store for comics. But I do get the FREE COMICS BOOK DAY comics from them because Darkside Comics wont do them anymore becauce the comic store actually has to buy them first, so they're not really free to the store.

4. DarthPepper

DarthPepper Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2003
    I buy only the One-Shots, Special Issues, or short series of comics any more. I used to buy all the Star Wars comics but DARKHORSE really ticks me off. First of all I can't afford all of their SW comics they release, they never let up a little, always has many series or issues at the same time. Second they can't never stick to their own release schedule. I would go the website, find out when it will be released, then go to Darkside Comics that day (Wednesday) and the shop doesn't have it - it wasn't release that week, then go back to website and check again and they moved the release date to the next month. If any of you buy a lot of SW comics you know what I mean, or will soon find out.

Hint, of there's a Monday holiday, go to comics store on Thursday instead of the usual Wednesday.
    Call ahead to make sure they are in.
    Don't waste your gas for nothing!

5. sith1137

Dec 13, 2001
    haha good to know. ive already had the release date changed on me. but ill have to try out that other place. i went into Golden Glove to get soemthing, and all the kids(and not so kids) were playing yugio or whatever. and of course they had to ask if i had cards....so i lied and said they are at home. not that it mattered, i still dont know why i did it. oh well.

6. sith1137

Dec 13, 2001
    where exactly is the darkside comics? i drove by just kinda glancing to see if i could find it on my way home one day, and couldnt find it.

7. DarthPepper

DarthPepper Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2003
    Darkside Comics is a bit hard to find because there's not really a sign or anything noticeable. It's in all those business cobicles complexes that all look alike. But there near the front at least so you don't have to go too far back searching. It's right next door to a computer store which is in the very front. You need to go to the complex next to the big grassy field. That's where it is. They do have store hours on the door and I think the store name too.

Here is the phone #: 833-2773

Hope this helps!

8. goldencards

goldencards Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2006
    Hey guys Golden Glove is set up again, it is at 2333 Brundage Ln. and A St.in the Digital Extreme video store. Just go up Brundage about a half mile from where it use to be and you will see it on your left.All of their comics are there

9. sith1137

Dec 13, 2001
    oh awesome, thanks to you both!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.