main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA ComicCon Survival News

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Master--Kenobi, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Wow..we did it. We won the LucasFilm Award for our masquarade presentation.. Still in shock, still exhausted. Still wondering how 3 months of work went by in 4 sec.

But we didn't trip, didn't fall, didn't miss any marks, I managed to get that bleedn saber out of my cape without getting it tangled up :)

The con was fantastic. "Mom" made her requested appearance and was immediately requesitioned by Daniel Logan. He and Jack Lloyd practiced "Mom" tossing, and Daniel carried her around, chasing people with her. Steven Sansweet also wound up holding her for a small bit. She does get around. :)

All of our members managed to make it down. And Golda and Ben got the opportunity to do security for Carrie Fisher while she was signing autographs! Congrates guys!

Also, have to thank Master Ash (Josie) for all her work in building costumes, directing routines and fights, mixing our music, doing our makeup, and ..what else except for walking on water in our eyes! Thanks Jos.. we couldn't do it without you!

Ok, now for me.. this is one tired Master who's heading back to bed.

Transmission Over.

2. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    . . . morning . . . er. . . a . . . afternoon. ever felt like your shoulder was going to fall off? well the fight was a success I suppose I need to train more fighters. I have an idea for more fighting I wish there was people in this area whome were interested

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Come on over and we will get "George" to fix your shoulder for you. I would tell you in person if you would answer your phone! :)

Yeah, we're exhausted too!

4. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Dec 20, 2003
    bed . . . sleep . . . not moving is feeling prety good

5. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Congrats. What did you win? Wasn't there some special prize for that? I'm sorry I missed it, I was actually at the Lucasfilm party on the Westgate Hotel terrace Sat night (9pm to 2 am!!) and we had no information about the Masquerade, even though Steve Sansweet was there with us. (But with six no-host bar stations, the general attitude was basically "if Lucasfilm's buying, EVERYBODY's drinking..." The food was great too.)

I'm new, by the way -- I'm mostly in L.A. but my work takes me throughout the state so I like to keep up with what's going on at FFN in different cities. Take care.

Caryn Darkside

6. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Dec 20, 2003
    the prize was too big to give to us there so it's being shipprd from lucas ranch . . . but first, I'm Anakin, have we met before?

7. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Greetings to all,

The "Crazy Old Wizard," and I made our return to the Valley of the Sith at about 12:30 a.m. this morning. We extended our time away to further enjoy the area.

I'm very proud of our group and what they have achived even though I already knew the outcome but no one ever listens to me. I made sure to tell everyone that I spoke to on Sunday that the special Lucusfilm award went to our group, The Order of the Twin Suns. We are sorry tht we missed the show but it seems that since Princess Leia's home planet accidently wandered into the way of a test firing of the Death Star she can no longer afford to hire security so we were somehow pressed into service. What began as a 15 to 20 minute lending a hand turned into a 7 hour detail. We had fun however and I did manage to get a Goblin cat named Pooka out of it plus we made friends with some of the 501 Garrison.

Well, since I am back at work I should go and see what my ladies are up to and check back later.

May the Emperor simle down upon you.
    Golda

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Congrats on winning the Masquerade! You guys rawked!

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks,,we are still in shock! :)

We just saw a pic of the prize..WOW!!! Now working on refining the routine even more. :) (yeah I know, suckers for pain and saber hits!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.