main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA ComicCon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Master--Kenobi, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok, due to Anakin basically using a Force Mind-Wammy on me, ( and cause I immediately said yes!) The Tulare County Order of the Twin Suns is going to San Diego. So for our Brethren down South...Watch Out We are On Our Way! :)

2. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Did you manage to score a hotel room?! They are almost entirely gone (15 of 21 hotels sold out) after only 5 days, and forget it if you need something close to the CC, they were gone in one hour!. Fortunately I was an early riser and ready to go on Wed. -- The only hotels left with two doubles are either in Mission Valley, Hotel Circle or Old Town (which means, in order, no-shuttle, no-shuttle, and trolley). The HI by the Bay has some one-king rooms left, and that hotel is nice, great restaurant and easily on the shuttle route, BUT! We stayed there ONCE -- good freakin' luck trying to get to the CC anytime during the morning or day, the shuttle lines are HUUUGE, and the shuttles have already stopped at THREE hotels and a parking lot before they get to the HI! If they have 10 seats left you're lucky, and they don't allow standing. We even had trouble getting and sharing cabs. Travel Planners suggests booking ANYWHERE for the dates you want then waitlisting on the properties you'd like; they can negotiate for more room nights at specific properties based on how many people ask to be waitlisted for each hotel (i.e. for example if you want two beds for two people at the Grand Hyatt for Wed thru Sun, specifically state that on your waitlist preference when you talk to TP). If it's no go, I'd pick a hotel at Old Town or the one in Hotel Circle first, since you can drive from HC, park at Old Town at the trolley stop and take the trolley right to the CC. Parking's free at old town (as opposed to the lots on the shuttle routes which will be expensive per day) and it's a HECK of a lot better than the driving/parking nightmare! Good luck!

Caryn B.

3. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Oops, sorry, this was a double post, I edited it.
    Caryn

4. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Just to remind your group of what an amazing job you did LAST year at Comic-Con...

http://pics.livejournal.com/scendan/gallery/0000hyww

These are screencaps from your masquerade entry from last year. Master--Kenobi asked if I could make a DVD for you of the SDCC and Baycon masquerade performances...I'm working on that now. But I was so thrilled by your performance last year, I had to go and make caps as well, and thought I should share them!

If you click on these, the link will first take you to a larger version with a gray "metal" background. If you click AGAIN once there, it will take you to the full-size version. Feel free to right-click and save them if you want them. :)

Anyway, I hope I didn't bust into your thread too badly. And if, for any reason, any of you don't want these pictures up on the web, I will immediately take them down again.

Take care!

- Kai

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    OMG!!! Kai.. thank you thank you thank you!! Those are incredible shots. Yes we want them up, and no you never ever ever hijack our thread!! Sorry for taking so long to post, but my server went down and just now got back up.

Just thanks again!!!!!!!

Me

6. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    You're very welcome, and no worries! Glad that your computer/server are back up and running...and that you like the pics! I just wish I could be finishing your DVD tonight instead of working on this &*&$#! brochure I'm doing. Bleh.

Jedi Dueling... boring brochure. Jedi Dueling... boring brochure.

What kind of a choice is THAT???

(Well, maybe if I get the brochure work done SOON...)

7. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    NICE shots. hope master kenobi will show me the dvd when it is done.
    ...sure hope someone will be taping the performance at celebration...

8. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    So do I, since only a miracle will get me to CIII unfortunately. And I'm dying of curiosity about the performance, hearing that you're all rehearsing and sparring and...and...

Yeah, I really hope I can see footage of it, since I'll be missing it in person. :(

- Kai

9. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Kai, can I post a link to your pictures on the San Diego board? We love Master Kenobi and Anakin (and Padme and their "George" ;) ).

10. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    i'll be missing it, too. wish i could go in the worst way, but it just isn't feasible. too much time, too much money, too far away. there's always comicon, but it's not the same at all, as i will be in spasms of comic geek joy, and unable to focus on anything.
    in addition to all the incredibly cool stuff at celebration, i really want to see the finished product. i think it's going to be GREAT.

11. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    GreyJedi: Absolutely! Post away! I don't think that there's a bandwidth limit, since it's through livejournal. Surely they know how to cope with bandwidth! There're a few errant photos in there...two of them of Master--Kenobi and UltimateMamasBoy from Baycon, and one of me and a 501st-er mugging with Mark Hamill...I could take those out or just leave 'em. Eh. Whatever.

That was the long version. The short is -- sure! Post! :)

MileniumHanAndShrimp: Well, perhaps we can all meet up at Comic-Con at least. I won't be in the masquerade this year...more time to hall costume and geek out with fellow fans! But I feel your pain, re: CIII. I wonder if I could hide in somebody's luggage and get there that way...I could fold up small...

- Kai

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Thought I'd drop by your board....

If I don't see you guys sooner, see you at Con! :D

13. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    yeah, i was thinking about unwrapping Mom and hiding in her shroud as a stowaway... but after hearing about some of the things ultimate_mamas_boy has done to her, i might pass. what a loving son!

14. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    possibly my mind is a sive and i forgot but do i, we or whatever know Miana Kenobi outside of the bords?

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I got to stare at the back of Kim's head for 1/2 hour. :p

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/legomania2/Junk/jedipic.jpg]

~Rachel
    Aka GreyJedi's apprentice ;)

16. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    gotcha, now i see.
    i was the only dork not in a costume.

17. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    no, actually you weren't. :D

18. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Ahem, I wasn't in costume either and it's my fault you were all there. [face_laugh]

Miana (aka Rachel) is my Padawan; be kind to her. ;)

See you guys in Indy at C3! :D

19. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    fault?!? no fault, that was COOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.