main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Comicon 2004

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Wook, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Thought I'd throw this out there for anyone interested in going. (Gecko? I know you want a sandtrooper!) The convention is July 22 - 25th in San Diego.

Also for our sister chapter to post any items of note!

As the latest TFN blub says, Steve Sansweet, Head of Fan Relations will be there with a possible peek at EP3!

Helps to plan early..rooms go quickly!

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    man, i so wanna go!!!

But I have it on my calender for next year.

3. TK-1276

TK-1276 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    I guess it's a shameful thing that I have lived in SoCal my whole life and I've had my stormtrooper armor for two years, but I have never been to the Comicon! I think I'll have to go this year.

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    There were some major announcements regarding Comic Con yesterday on Star Wars.com. I hope you guys will be able to come as Lucasfilm will be a major presence at the con this summer and it would be great seeing you all again.

StarWars.com

Star Wars and Comic-Con International have been interwoven since sci-fi fans at the convention were first introduced to what would become Star Wars: A New Hope way back in the summer of 1976. This July, Lucasfilm and many of its licensees will make San Diego Comic-Con the place for Star Wars fans to be July 21 - 25, 2004.

The space saga will star in the huge Lucasfilm Star Wars pavilion, planned for the very front row in Hall D at the San Diego Convention Center. Convention attendees can purchase Hasbro's 2004 limited-edition silver-painted sandtrooper action figure, which will be available at the pavilion each day while supplies last. A host of Lucasfilm licensees will be showing off what's new in the Star Wars galaxy, with many offering exclusives and promotions created especially for Comic-Con. StarWarsShop.com will be open for business in the pavilion, too, offering select items from inventory.

Thursday evening at Comic-Con, Star Wars fans can enjoy the works of promising filmmakers competing in the third annual Star Wars Fan Film Awards. One talented filmmaker will bring home the top prize, the George Lucas Selects award, chosen by the director himself. There will be other awards, and special entertainment during the award ceremony, too. Hopeful contestants can go to www.starwars.atomfilms.com for entry details.

Friday is Star Wars day at Comic-Con, featuring seminars on everything Star Wars from toys and collectibles to books, and comics. Lucasfilm is planning Star Wars events for Kids' Day on Sunday, too.

On Saturday, Steve Sansweet, the Head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm, will share a glimpse Inside Star Wars Episode III. In addition to looking ahead to the movie, Sansweet will talk about the release of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD this September, as well as other events and Star Wars news. Fans won't want to miss this special presentation, as Sansweet has been known to throw in a surprise or two just for Comic-Con visitors.

Saturday night, the Masquerade will offer the first-ever award from Lucasfilm for the best Star Wars costume. The costumer chosen by the judges to have the best attire from the Star Wars galaxy will receive a high-end licensed item as a prize. A hint: the prize ties together the upcoming Episode III with the original trilogy.

5. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    It'd be cool to go, but right now, I'm saving up for C3. That's the only thing on my agenda right now...

6. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    man, now i am trying to figure out how i can get from wisconsin to san diego in a days time...

7. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I don't have the money to go. My big thing right now is Celebration III.

8. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I think we are going to try and go to both the San Diego Con and SWC III

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.