main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Comicon News

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ithorian, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    OK, here's the skinny on the Comicon. . .

The Radisson is already sold out, so even if we wanted to, that's a no-go. I'm looking at other options right now.

There's an official thread about a regional get-together at the con right here:

Regional Get-together

If you guys are seriously interested in going, I'm going to have to ask you to make up your mind VERY soon.

No pressure or anything. :p

2. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    OK, I have looked EVERYWHERE except for Motel 6 (I can't access their website). The absolute cheapest thing I can find is only 1/2 a mile from the Expo Mart, but it's still $60 a night! So what are we doing?

EDIT: OK, I found a Motel 6, and it's only 39.99 a night, but it's 23 miles away!

3. Master_Wolf

Master_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    As i stated before, Im interested in going!

4. Vallid

Vallid Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2002
    Hey everyone!! Sorry I have not been able to be very active on the boards and what not but??Anyhow I will be up in PA the weekend of Comicon and look forward to meeting you guys there.

5. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    The Phantom Menace has returned!!!!! :eek:

Seriously, though, that's three. LMK about the hotels, though, guys, and about the dinner, if you want to attend. They need to RSVP for the dinner ASAP.

Also, A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: the Comicon updated their guest list and the Pittsburgh chapter found this: Saturday only, Mr. Peter Mayhew will be at the Con! :D

6. Vallid

Vallid Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2002
    The Phantom Menace?.Thats Classic?lol

Anyhow I will be up visiting my family that weekend (convenient eh!) so I will not need a place to stay. So all I really need to know is where the meeting place is gonna be and where you are having dinner an what not.

7. Master_Wolf

Dec 11, 2002
    *does his best wookie yell*

Kewl, Ive always wanted to meet him!

8. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Well, as far as dinner, goes, one night will be the regional dinner. That's what I need to know from you guys about. Read about it in the regional thread I posted and get back to me.

9. Fettish_01

Fettish_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    I wanna go! I will look over the info at the site, and then contact a friend of mine to see if they wanna go too. I will let you know, probably tonight...

Also, would it be possible for you (Ithorian) to post the various costs for the event? i.e, hotel fees, event pass, dinner fee and so forth.

That way we'll all have a rough idea of what we will be obliged to come up with money-wise...

Thanks,
    :)
    -Fettish

10. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Hotel Fees: either $39 or $60 per night
    Event Fees: $17.00 per day, or $45 for a 3-day pass
    Regional Dinner: $20 a plate

Also, don't forget spending and food money. We'll probably car pool, so gas money will be split.

11. Fettish_01

Nov 8, 2002
    I'm going.
    No ifs, ands, or buts about it...
    Period.

Karen

12. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Cool!

Now, the big question still needs answered. . .

WHICH FRIGGIN' HOTEL????????????????

There's the Motel 6: 23 miles away at $39/night.
    Extendedstay Monroeville: 1/2 mile away at $60/night
    Holiday Inn Monroeville: 1 mile away at $75/night (special Comicon rate)

It's up to you! Personally, even though they're more expensive, I like the latter two, just because they're closer to the con.

13. Fettish_01

Nov 8, 2002
    I think it's ridiculous to drive 23 miles to and from the hotel. So I'll opt for the $60/night shack...

-Fettish

14. Master_Wolf

Dec 11, 2002
    I also vote for the $60 motel. And i too will be going for sure.

Who do we need to talk to about tickets? Or do we simply buy them at the door? (Ive always preordered at previous, but I know not all are like that.)

15. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Wristbands are purchased at the gate.

I'll wait a day and book 2 rooms for the $60 place on Thursday, just in case anyone else needs a room as well. We'll see about getting a rollaway or something if we have to. If anyone has objection, speak up!

Also, I need to confirm who will be attending the dinner, so I can let the Pittsburgh crew know for sure how many plates. I will be attending, so you don't have to if you don't want to, but I think it'd be nice if we could go as a group.

16. Vallid

Vallid Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2002
    I will not be able to make the dinner on Saturday night?.sorry!!! But I will be at the Comicon. What hotel did you book Ithorian and on what night is everyone going up Friday, Saturday????

17. Fettish_01

Nov 8, 2002
    I'll be going to the dinner. And just a reminder, I'll be needing my own hotel room, unless you guys can scare up some girls to go, then I can share with them.

Fettish

18. Master_Wolf

Dec 11, 2002
    I plan to go to the dinner as well.

19. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002

Alright, got the OK and Im going for all three days! Ill also be at the dinner. Ithorian, Im calling shotgun in your car :)

20. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    OK, I went ahead and booked the rooms! I got us 2 rooms, one for Fettish, and one for the rest of us, so we're good to go! :)

21. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    where did you end up booking a room at? I still need to reserve mine.....oye!

22. Ariala

Ariala Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2003
    This just in..

:D I GET TO GO!!!! :D

*runs amuck for a few moments*

Ok, got that out of my system, so it's off to the sewing room I go...

Put me down for the dinner Saturday night as well, Ithorian, if you would. :D

23. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    sweet! Cant wait to meet everyone :)

24. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    And we are all looking forward to meeting you guys!! :)

Ummmm, only one thing though. I don't know if you all have heard this or not, but Mayhew is a no show :( He's doing this think in NYC. At the comicon will be the women that played Aayla Secura and Oola, and the woman that did Taun We's voice. Also the SW comic book artists Joe Corroney and Mark Schultz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.