main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq ComiCon!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Wook, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Just got back into town (it raining! Cool!) and I am so bummed I missed the meeting, there was so much incredible stuff there (and freebies!) that I wanted to share with you guys. I will send the best pictures to Lor to get on the website (space permitting).

Suffice to say, I'm definitely planning on attending next year. The San Diego chapter was very cool, got autographs of Jeremy Bulloch, Amy Allen (Aayla Secura), John Morton (Dak), others that were there included Daniel Logan, Kenny Baker, Steve Sanweet, and Mark Hamill. Hasbro had a panel of there new line for 2004 and a huge display, Lucas Arts, SW Insider, Del Rey, the list goes on. Oh, yeah..there were comics there too.. :D

-M

PS. I met one of the guys who runs SirStevesGuide.com who summarized a lot of the Hasbro info and Comicon updates. He also gave me a great form letter we can mail to Target/ToysRUS/Walmart etc. in order to start getting some figures in the stores..I've got a hard copy, but I believe he's posted on the website. Very nice guy, BTW.

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    sounds wonderful Wook!

Do you think you could make it to the workshop on sunday and bring things?

3. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Sure...I wish I had the chance to get a picture of a Luminaya costume that was really good, for some reference for you..but there were other good ones as well.

M

4. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    thats okay... I have a great pic of the sith woman i am going to be using for my costume... I will probably be working on my bracesand belt only on sunday...

5. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I think I've inspired Gary to get a stormtrooper outfit after seeing the 501st in action...we definitely need some bad guys around here. I think I may start on a Imp costume as well...

6. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    you know he should sotp by Sunday...

I know that Gecko is going to get armor and lor is wanting to get armor as well. I think I overheard them saying something about buying together...

We defiantly need some more troopers...

I think our darkside is going to out weigh our good side soon...

My other costume is going to be the outfit I want for my RPG character Sicila Kula... I have always wanted to make a costume for her... it will be close to Mara but have her own twist-seeing as for my background she comes from a privliaged family and all on Corellia... but I will probably be able to incorptae some of my Sith Costume in it

And one day... one day i will be having a Leia's salve outfit made but of course it will be in black and silver... but that isn't to surprising...

I so excited- I am finally going to have bracers! yeah!

7. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    So wonderful meeting the two of you at ComiCon. I'm the bald guy (Armand) who was always turning people away at the end of the Boba Fett figure line (yeah, great job).

If the rest of the group is as cool as this, you have one heckuva neat bunch.

8. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Armand-

Thanks to you and the SDSWS for being such great hosts! I wish I could've met more of your group, but I had a great time talking to you (and bugging you about the Boba Fett line) and hope we can do a joint Fanforce retreat somewhere. Hope you've recovered from the weekend!!!!!! :D

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I STILL haven't recovered! Now Varza has at least 1/3 of our club talked into going to the Vegas Comic Con already! [face_laugh]

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    yeah! now I just have to raise the money to go myself... searching for cheap ticekts and cheap rooms... man am i cheap-in a good way :p

11. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
  12. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    I posted one picture so far, to the website. I post more as i get a chance.

-lor

13. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    elvis rules!

I am going to go let San Diego know about it...

awesome pic wook!

14. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Uh Huh! I like the King too!

15. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    2003 Comic-Con

I posted some new pictures, I'll post more as i get them...

-lor

16. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    In addition to Elvis, I also "found" Jesus..

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/1970/images/buddyjesus1.jpg]

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.