main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

comics and tpb

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jadesfire, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadesfire

Jadesfire Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 1998
    Hi all, I am new to the lit forums so let me know if I am asking this in the wrong place. I have been collecting star wars comics since the 80's. but I never got into the TPB/Graphic novels. I see that the majority of them have comics previously released but are there any tbp/graphic novels that have "new" stories that were not release previously? If so where can I find a listing of those or can someone point me in a direction where I can do some research?

thanks for any help

Jadie

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The only thing that comes to mind is the just-released Visionaries TPB, which is all new stories.

Beyond that, not counting the Clone Wars Adventures series, every TPB I can think of just collects existing published issues, though a few do have bonus content of harder-to-obtain stuff like #0 comics (online or printed) or Dark Horse Extra content, etc.

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Most TPBs that I know of are collections of individual issues within a series. Some people prefer to collect and read the entire series at one whack by simpling up the TPBs. Some people have no choice but to pick up the TPBs as they either can't trust the places that sell comics in their area to sell SW comics or to have the latest issue out in a timely fashion after the publisher finally releases it (which right now is my sad case as I've seen the so called latest issues released around here six months after DH actually released them). Some people try to keep up with the latest issues in a series but forvarious reasons may miss an issue or two and can not readily find the back issues of the one's they've missed making getting the TPBs their best means of collecting the series. Some people like to have an orderly bookshelf where they can easily look at the spines and pick out the book their after, and TPBs are eaiser to place in such a situation than individual issues. Some people find it cheaper to pick up the TPBs than individual issues (something I've looked at and just don't get since most of the single issues have proven a few cents cheaper in the long run than the whole TPB). There are various reasons folks go for the TPBs.

4. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    None of the "new" stories are really new, they were just usually some other one-shot comic that fit in with the TPB theme. The Dark Horse web page is pretty good about listing the issues collected in any TPB, otherwise try the TheForce.Net comics page, although the comic lists have not been updated in quite a while.

5. Jadesfire

Jadesfire Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 1998
    thanks for the info. I will try your suggestions

Jadie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.