main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Comics, Graphic Novels, Manga & Comic Book/Animated Movies

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    They have just added Maggie Grace to the list of cast at imdb.com for X-Men 3. If you have ever seen lost, she plays Shannon but no name as to who she will be playing yet. There are several possiblities but I can only think of Scarlet Witch or Emma Frost - actually she looks a lot like Emma Frost in this pic[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a7/Emmaf165.png/200px-Emmaf165.png]

2. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I love pretty much anything Spiderman. From the 60's cartoon, to the live action in the 70's, to the movies and cartoons now. He's always been my favorite. I love the one from the 70's, because he shot rope instead of anything that looked like a web. Spidey is totally wizard!

3. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    spiderman is pretty cool... my brothe rloved him, he even had the spiderman camera from the early 80s and a spiderman big wheels (mine was wonder woman)

well, i did some more digging on the Maggie Grace, and sigh it was a rumor and that alone. they are going to be filming at the same as lost, so unless she is doing a small bit in the background there is nothing else.

I did read that Leech as been cast though - being played by someone but they finally have a director have started shooting as well... but they are still casting, I don't know weird to me. no word on gambit yet but its been confirmed that not long after the release of X3 they will begin work on the first WOlverine movie

but i did see that they are going to be making a flash movie as well - who could play him?

4. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Yea, I'm looking forward to Sin City as well.
    Can't wait for that. [face_dancing]
    We saw Fantastic Four in the theaters and I would say that it is a "fun" movie.
    You can't really take it seriously, otherwise you can just pick it apart, but I did enjoy it.

5. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I enjoyed it - F4 that is. My dad loved it. I liked the little things - like the sound the Thing makes when he moves, that was cool

6. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    heard a rumor that there is going to be a love story in the next x-men film - between storm and wolverine? and we are going to see the first meeting between Prof. X & Jean Grey and Magneto

7. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Sentinels!!! that would be so frigging awesome! I want some!

I can only hope this rumor is true...

8. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Hey Im actually from Vegas but no one in our group collects comics over there so I hope you dont mind if I post here. Comics I collect.

Anything Star Wars (duh)
    X-men (most titles but not all, frigging love the X-men)
    Fathom
    Witchblade
    Nyx
    Spellbinders
    House of M
    Ultimate Iron Man
    Ultimates 2
    Wonder Woman
    Mnenvore
    Tarot
    Some Spiderman
    New Avengers

I know there are others but I cant remember right now

9. DJ_Rebo

DJ_Rebo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    *Sigh* I miss collecting comics. When I wuz a wee lad I always pressured my folks to by me Creepy and Monster, as well as stuff long forgotten like the mad magazine clones called Cracked Magazine and Crazy Magazine! Savage Tales (the 2nd iteration). In college I got into Gen 13 and Team 7, Wetworks (The first 8 issues only though) and Violator. In Anime I LOVE Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo! The humor in those series rocks!

10. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Wow! I thought I was the only one that read Mad and Cracked. I do have an issue of Crazy somewhere. The best humor mag was National Lampoons. Any of 'um you can find from the early to late 70's are there finest work. Now they make bogus chessy $7.50 straight to DVD movies with has been actors like Cory Feldmem. About the time I was sucked into comics (1985/86), Savage Sword of Conan caught my eye. Damn the cover art rocked! Since the pages were black/white, I would zerox some of the art and colored them.

Gecko-you had a complete run of Amazing Spiderman #1-400!? Do you still have any Silver age Spidey's you want to part with? Or any Silver age Marvels for that matter?

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    welcome axia - please feel free to talk here. The more the merrier...

comics, gotta love the comics

12. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome Axia!

I'm guessing my hubby's collection is topping the 7000+ number now. He also collects Fathom, Witchblade, Xmen, Hellblazer...I can't even list them all. So if you're interested in buying/selling, let us know!

13. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    question wook - what did your hubby think of constantine? I would love to read hellblazer but I need to catch up on what I have now.

14. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    No more Spidermans or X-Men....all gone! As for the comment about CREEPY....that was one of my favorite mags back in the 70's....I also loved EERIE magazine too!

15. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    Anyone read Wonder Woman or Ultimates 2? Both of thier latest issues had some intense endings.

16. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Ultimates is one of my favorite books. I wanted to pick up Wonder Woman a while back, but can't afford another title. Who is writing it now?

17. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    i read WW when I was a kid and I have read the stan lee version of the story... hum, may need to order some of the graphics.

Ultimates? Like the Ultimate xMen? Spiderman?

question, for those that read XMen - what is the name of the mutant prostitute? I was reading that the blond girl from Transporter 2 is going to be playing her

18. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Her name is/was Copycat. (Vanessa Carlysle - real name)

19. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    well, of course anything they make into a movie hardly does the comics justice, so no, he was not happy with Constantine. On the other hand Sin City was the best and truest to the comic to movie that has been done so far...(all his opinion).

My opinion on Constatine was it didn't matter if it was Star Wars, if Keanu is in it, I usually hate it. Sin City was good - gory and graphic, but really well done.

20. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    Of course I forgot his name the instant you asked who was writing wonder woman. I'll get the name later and post it. I can tell you though that he is really good. Some of the best Wonder Woman in a long time in my opinion.

Yes the Ultimates 2 is in the same universe as the other ultimate titles.

21. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    i wanted to go buy the sin city DVD yesturday but after reading some reviews and hearing that they are going to come out with a "special edition" version in about 6 months I put it off. It will have a lot more behind the scenes stuff...

I am not a fan of Keanu either - except for bill & teds and speed. But I don't know I like him in this character. He didn't have to try and show emotions. My mom wants to get it for the store but I don't think our customers will like it.

Thanks Karen - now I know what name to look up.

Still no word on the villans for spiderman - arhg! I wanna know...

22. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    Yeah I was gonna buy Sin City as well but heard the DVD has 1 10 minute feature on it. Im tired of buying two copies of movies so I will wait as well.

23. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    same here...

24. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    This is what I have heard about XMEN 3 from the latest Wizard magazine we got at
    the library. Kelsey Grammer will be playing Hank McCoy/Beast! The mag said he
    floored everyone with his audition. Vinnie Jones playing Juggernaut, no kind
    of relationship between Storm and Wolverine, and no Sentinels.
    Of course all of this is subject to change as always.

25. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm glad the Juggernaut is in the next one, he was always my favorite villain in the X-Men comics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.