main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics in Lubbock?

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by Lord_of_the_Siths, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_of_the_Siths

Lord_of_the_Siths Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Does anyone know where to find comics?

I'd like to start Republic around #46, but i cant find them. And maybe Dark Empire.

Does anyone know of places other than Starcomics and Waldenbooks?

2. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Oddly enough, Star is the only comic shop left as far as I know. Sure, retailers like Walden and Hastings carry comics, but they rarely have an extensive backlog and rarely do they have the comics the day they come out.

Understand that I don't work for Star, but they're great. They can pull comics for you and hold them, they can order back issues, and they get the comics the day they hit Lubbock (sometimes there are shipping delays in Dallas). Star also has a longbox of back issues in-house, so that's where I do business. In fact, I'll be going there after work tonight to pick up the new Republic and Empire issues. :D

3. Lord_of_the_Siths

Jan 17, 2003
    Thanks, i guess i'll just ask them to order me some back issues. I, too, will be getting the new Emire today. :)

BTW, is #46 a good place to start Republic or is there a better starting point? I pretty much would like to start near the begining of the Clone Wars or just where the action really gets going.

4. The_Mandalorian

The_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2003
    hey guys...i could be wrong, because i havent been there in a while, but there used to be a shop that sold comics over on university across from Tech called The Mad Hatter. i think its a card shop, as well. i dont remember how many comics they had, but it might be worth giving them a call or something. well, hope this helps!

5. rockwilder57

rockwilder57 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2000
    If you're willing to travel about an hour and a half, I suggest you visit Big Apple Comics in Amarillo. It has one of the better selections in the area (considering what we have to choose from). I remember seeing lots of SW comics and collectors items. Here's the contact info:

Big Apple Comics
    4561 S. Western
    Amarillo, TX 79109
    806-353-3078

Here's a link if you want to see couple of pictures of the inside of the store. It's bigger than what the picture shows.

http://ksacomics.com/my/comics.htm

6. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    heh heh... like the signature

I'll be trooping with the 501st in Amarillo in just a couple weeks; I'll have to go by and check it out. Thanks for the tip!

7. Lord_of_the_Siths

Jan 17, 2003
    Yeah, thanks for the tip.

Well, Star Comics say they cant order any Republic issues before #50.

That sucks. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.