main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Comics, Movies, books and TV this week...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I'll start this thread to discuss the obvious - our media entertainment available in comics, movies, books and TV, etc. Obviously I'm a huge star wars fan so will be heavy on that at times but NO SPOILERS. I am loving the cartoon Clone Wars and online comic that coincides with each episode. The Fathom comic this week was great (See separate thread) and the Underworld new series "Rise of the Lycans is fleshing out well so far".

I was sad to hear that the Harry Potter Movie will be delayed until July (Was supposed to be this month) but the trailer looks GREAT! Speaking of Harry Potter - the new book comes out on Dec. 4th (New book you say? yes - the Beatles and Bard tales book w/ short stories from JKR).

Another movie coming out on Friday is Twilight... My son's loved the books so I'll give it a chance - Vampires in modern day - sounds cool - wish I had HBO for "True Blood" series!

AND LASTLY - 24 starts up again on Sunday - SET THE DVR ALREADY since I will be playing D&D and my wife will be watching something else I'm sure. I love 24!

2. Dieabolic

Dieabolic Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2008
    As far as entertainment goes comics and movies fill most of my time. I have also added a Blu Ray player to my home entertainment unit. Kicks all kinds of a$$. I may even add the new Star Wars animated movie to the line up on Saturday, after I get done making repairs to my car (dying battery).

3. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    I really loved this weeks episode of the clone wars! Seeing the rodians homeworld was awesome (Being in architecture I appreciated the detail). Yes - I unlike most - like Jar Jar - I totally get why Lucas created him...

4. Dieabolic

Dieabolic Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2008
    After seeing the Clone Wars animated movie in BLU Ray I am waiting for the episodes to come out in that format. One of these days we will have to have a movie night hang out party at my place if you guys are up for it. I will just have to plan it in advance so the money situation is good.

5. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    This week "Wanted" and "Narnia" for DVD's (Missed the first at the theater but saw the second (Probably will pick up both).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.