Comin up empty! (Smugglers Alliance)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Nova, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Jedi_Nova Jedi Master

star 2
    I think I have had the longest dry spell since I started collecting!

I havent seen ANYTHING new since last April 23rd!

I want to pick up a Bespin Vader but cant seem to find one! I am kinda hoping that the fan club gets them in so I can order that and the Stormtrooper builder set together!

Anyone else order(or ordering) the troop builder set?
  2. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    nope. Man you haven't found ANYTHING NEW!?! they have tons of clone troopers at every store :\
  3. Jedi_Nova Jedi Master

star 2
    Well I have seen Clonetroopers! I havent seen Mace, Darth, Luke, Jango FB, the newest Saga waves.

JO If you want those Darth Maul figures PM me, I have a lot of others that are going out the door as well!
  4. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Well I'm packing up my female collection and thinking how did I get so many? Then I look at Jeff's room and don't feel so bad. He just got about 15 or so female SW figures (which he had most of them already).

As for what your looking for, I keep my eyes open but the person to ask is Chunk.

Let's post one more time what every body is looking for (old or new) we can keep an eye out or trade.
  5. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I found clone trooper pez and jango fet pez and all the other characters... didn't know if those are new or not. I don't follow this kinda thing. But I sure thought they were cool. Especially since they were being sold in a fabric store.
  6. Lewis_Black Jedi Knight

star 2
    Which stores? I'm a pez collector, too.
  7. Jedi_Nova Jedi Master

star 2
    I have seen the Pez at Wal Mart a few times.

Has anyone in the Alliance put in a pre-order for the Imperial Shuttle? I did this afternoon. Kinda pricy at $125, but with shipping it totaled a few cents short of $145!!!!!

That has to be the most expensive SW toy ever, well at reatail prices anyway!

P.S.
    JGoC, what were you doing in a fabric store? Looking for decorative rope?
    ;)
  8. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    saw pez at walmart too. I was gonna get a clone trooper one but decided not to since Pez dispensers are so expensive these days. Like 2.99 or something. Screw that lol
  9. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    nova- please post a link so i can order that- i need it!!!! if you cant- ill look later at home, i never seem to find that stuff when i want it.
  10. TK1305 Jedi Knight

star 2
    http://www.fao.com/default.cfm now just contact them through this you might have to go through customer service.
  11. Jedi_Nova Jedi Master

star 2
    Heres the Rebelscum artice....

UPDATE: FAO Taking Pre-Orders For Shuttle Tyderium
    Curto: FAO Schwarz has sent out an email notice informing subscribers of some exciting news:

Call 1-800-876-7867 for more information. Limited quantities available so order now for December delivery! Please reference promotion code: EM235 when ordering.

* 'biggs33' writes in to let us know that he got a similar email with the code EM237. Perhaps this is a regional difference that FAO uses to track orders?

I am fairly sure that you have to call to get in on it.

I called today and the lady had no idea what I was talking about, so I told her to ask her manager.

12. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    thanks alot guys- now i just have to convince the wife. - such a delicate balance: i want her to like aotc so maybe shell get into this more, but if she gets pissed about toys & money..."were doomed".
  13. Jedi_Nova Jedi Master

star 2
    Be very very cautious arrow, this one seriously puts a dent in the pocketbook.....

Just do what I did and pre-order it and not say anything! ;) You wont be billed till it ships in December, so you have pleny of time to save up some cash!

Let see this is May and it ships in December thats 7 months and it costs $145 shipped so thats about $20 bucks a month!
  14. TK1305 Jedi Knight

star 2
    chunk would have made a coment about pant's and coming up empty
  15. Jedi_Nova Jedi Master

star 2
  16. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    jeez, i remembered the Geonisian playset & Republic gunship i pre- ordered on my way home today. i think i better stop looking. I do appreciate all the tips though- keep em comin. its a risk Im willing to take.
  17. TK1305 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well I will keep your collection safe if you get kicked out of the house.
  18. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    from what ive seen of yours- you wouldnt have the room- but thanks, you never know!lol
  19. Jedi_Nova Jedi Master

star 2
    Plenty of room at my house! ;)

And I'll only charge a figure per day in storage costs!

hard on the wallet collecting is
  20. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Back to the Pez, I picked up R2D2, he's so cute [face_blush] I also got Jango, Vader, Clone trooper. JO, they only put me out a buck a piece, I don't know where you shop, but I'm Ms. Thrifty. :D
  21. Clockwork Jedi Knight

star 2
    At HR Meininger's, the art supply store on 5th avenue and Broadway, I picked up a really interesting item that I haven't seen anywhere else. It's a Star Wars pen made by Lego -- each pen comes with a Lego figure and some various bits to attach to the pen. I got the last Darth Vader, but yesterday they still had Anakin Skywalker (the name's misspelled on the package, might be of interest to variant collectors), Jango Fett, Artoo, and Threepio. Has anyone else seen these anywhere?
  22. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    wow a buck a piece? Pretty cool! Yeah, I only go to Wal-Mart and K-Mart to look for SW stuff and they're expensive there :( But i found these cool sticker things, a big ol' box of them for 5.99 at KMart, they're cool!
  23. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    I haven't seen em. I need a JAngo one!!! lolol
  24. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  25. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    I wish I had known there was a Legoland Store at the MOA, I would have taken orders before I left. They had these really cute Lego figure keychains and they ha all of those Pens Clockwork was talking about, Jango, Vader, Anakin, Clonetrooper, and two others that have completely slipped my mind. They were also building the 10' Yoda again too.

I've decided that I need to be strong and wait for the Rebel Blockade Runner to go on clearance. It's $200 right now, and that is way too much, but they had one put together there and GOD I want that thing so bad.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.