main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Coming soon

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by NorwichJedi, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorwichJedi

NorwichJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    I know it's not Star Wars, but for those of you who have not heard, Warner Bros. has released the official announcment about the next Batman film. It is called The Dark Knight and will co-star Heath Ledger as the Joker.

It is also rumored that the Penguin will be a secondary villain, like the Scarecrow. Supposedly, he is a British arms dealer who comes to Gotham.

Being a huge Batman fan, I'm spyched, how 'bout you guys?

2. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    HEATH LEDGER!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!

WHAT THE F*#@X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in total disbelief. Total disappointment.

I can not believe they went with Heath Ledger.

Pack it up. Game over.

-Ostos

3. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    I found a confirmation to Ian's story. Here is a snippet from the site:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=4601

Batman Sequel Title & Casting Confirmed!
    Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
    July 31, 200

"I'm excited to continue the story we started with 'Batman Begins,'" added Nolan. "Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale's Batman is going to be incredible."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It better be INCREDIBLE or there will be hell to pay!!!!!

I'm still stunned and doubled over on the ground crying.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. NorwichJedi

Sep 15, 2005
    Relax Old Man, relax. My first reaction was similar to yours, but I have faith in Nolan. Remember back in '88 (I can't because I was only three) when they announced who was going to play Batman? Everyone hated it until they saw the movie.

5. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Dammit Brent, stop being such a sissy fanboy and come down off the ledge would you? Either way, I bet your ass will be the first one in line during the midnight show.

6. NorwichJedi

Sep 15, 2005
    He was last time...wait, so was I.

7. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Marselles, I think you might be right about all of that.

8. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    O.K. - I will be first in line. But I can still have my pains of regret and sadness of "what could have been" . This isn't MY movie, so obviously Heath Ledger is NOT my choice for the JOKER. Perhaps he will do a great job doing the JOKER he was hired to portray.

I'm still sad.

9. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Allow me to echo Brent's sentiments...
    HEATH LEDGER????? Whuuu????
    I'm not too sure about a monotone mumbling joker..

10. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Well as far a monotone mumbling jokers go, they could have done a worse job and put Steven Segall or Tom Cruise in that role.

Not many left to choose as the joker...Samuel L Jackson, Colin Farrel or better yet, WIll Ferrell.....He can run around around in circles screaming: Help Me JIm Carrey, Help Me Carlos Mencia, Help Me Dane Cook.......

11. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I always thought Joaquin Phoenix would rock as the Joker. Whatever guys, our nerd asses will all be singing the movie's praises when it comes out. I even bet all you whiners will be talking about how good Heath Ledger is as the Joker. You won't even remember all the nerdageddon talk about it.

But I will be there to remind you..oh yes....I will be.

Even the title gives me a geekgasm. THE DARK KNIGHT. Yeeeeeeees.

12. NorwichJedi

Sep 15, 2005
    Thank you very much Mars, I agree with you. Yeah, Ledger was not "my Joker" (Paul Bettany was), but what am I gonna do? I'm still going to see the movie, buy the action figures, and wear the pajamas. Nolan sees something in Ledger that we don't and I am excited to see what's in store.

13. NY_JEDI

NY_JEDI Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    As long as Heath's Joker doesn't try to give Batman a reach around I'm good.

A little Batcave Mountain. That just sounds dirty..

14. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Some Brokebatcave?

15. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    so, I'm digressing a bit here..but still in the casting news realm. A friend of mine sent me a little news clip about Matt Damon being cast as the new Captain James Tiberius Kirk for the new star trek movie.

Matt.....DAAAAAAmon: Team America

16. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Gee, I'm sooo glad they got someone who looks not even remotely like a young William Shatner!! GREAT!!! I can't wait, so I can watch yet another Trek movie flame out and die a slow death at the box office!!! I think I speak for many of us when I say,

MWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Star Wars rules!!!I love you guys Alex and Robert and our Trek brethren, but your Trek movies died like 15 years ago. [face_skull]

17. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Dude,

I agree with you. I think this is all a back door ploy by Paramount to finally drive the proverbial wooden stake into the Star Trek vampire once and for all.

They will say something like we poured a bunch of money into this movie and it tanked faster than the titanic hitting that damn iceberg. We will never do anything with Trek again. It is dead forever....

18. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Then again it could totally rock.

19. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Okay...so I've been thinking...
    That revelation alone would be enough to make my wife flip over backwards in disbelief.
    I think if this new star trek movie has any chance of surviving it should NOT be a prequel to the original series.
    I think it's high time we begin to disregard the original series as the manifesto of things to come..what I'm talking about is a total re imagining of the original series.
    New costumes..new Enterprise..updated technology.
    I honestly believe you can't recast the role of James T Kirk and expect this actor to become the Shatner..it just won't happen..but i think it would be interesting to see what they would do if they had the chance to do it all again.
    Almost what they did with battlestar Galactica...I'm not talking about making Spock a woman but to update the original franchise.
    Ground zero for star trek.
    I would love to see the original characters in a world not made up of cardboard rocks and plywood sets, and I think it would be interesting to see what they would do with the Starship Enterprise itself given a chance to do it all again.
    Picard would have had the Enterprise up to the X by the time he was done.

20. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    I like Matt Damon. AND, I like Star Trek.

I loved Nemesis and I could stand to watch more of Picard and his crew.

Are they beating a dead horse?

Perhaps.

I'll be sad if the horse is dead.

21. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Wasn't Nemesis just the Wrath of Khan all over again?

22. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    I suppose, but we finally got to see the Romulans in action!!

23. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Well..we got to see the Romulans disintergrate mainly. Nemesis I believe was one of the worst of the franshise movies ranking up there with Insurrection, Star Trek I and Star Trek V. People don't like III but I have always been a Klingon fan so I did enjoy Christopher Lloyd's performance.

How will this movie be made? No where was it ever mentioned that Kirk and Spock were at the Academy together. In fact, in 2250 he was a first year Academy student with ensign rank and served aboard the USS Republic. He graduated the Academy in 2254 as a lieutenant and his first assignment was aboard the Farragut. Kirk did not assume command of the Enterprise till 2264.

We do know that Spock seemed to always serve on the Enterprise since he served under the Enterprise's second Captain, Christopher Pike circa 2252 as a 4th year cadet. He graduated the Academy in 2253 and promoted to ensign still aboard the Enterprise some 11 years before Kirk was ever promoted to Captain and assumed command of the Enterprise. The first captain of the enterprise was Robert April. I do not believe in the timeline of that "trouser chili" show called Enterprise and do not acknowledge Captain Archer as one of the Captain's of the USS Enterprise...

We also know that McCoy was not the first doctor on the Enterprise and Scotty was not the first engineer. Both McCoy and Scotty being older than Kirk tells us that they did not attend STARFLEET Academy together as well.

As far as having an updated prequel Mike, they already ruined that by having that crappy Enterprise show. The ship being the predecessor to the Constitution Class starship was far sleeker and seemed to be more advanced than the original class ship we grew up with.

If Trek is dead then let it die a peaceful death......

24. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    I don't want to see a prequel...I think the starfleet academy thing is a poor idea for the points you mentioned...it just doesn't add up.
    if they have to run it into the ground one last time, I think it should just be an updated version of the tv show.
    Kirk busting up klingons with scissor kicks and forearm smashes and Kirk messing with alien civilizations by destroying their monuments and temples.

25. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    That would be cool Mike....Too bad so many of the original characters are no longer with us.

Here are some trivia questions for you or anyone else...

What other sci-fi series did Michael Ansara appear on? What was his character? He appeared on the TOS Day of the Dove as the Klingon Capt. Kang...

John Colicos who played the Klingon Capt. Kor on the TOS episode Errand of Mercy also played another sci-fi character on another series....Can you name the series and character??

William Campbell played a certain character who seemed to carry over to Star Trek TNG. He played the Klingon Capt. Koloth who faced Kirk on one of the better TOS episodes, Trouble with Tribbles. What other character did William Campbell play in the TOS and what character am i referring to in TNG???

I am sure Marselles can answer these in under 5 seconds......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.