main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comm-Link

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by jangofett219, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangofett219

jangofett219 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    Does anyone have links to a tutorial on making a Jedi comm-link? I already have the Gillette Sensor-Excel but I don't know what to do with it.

2. Kai-Rhann

Kai-Rhann Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    I don't have a link, but...

www.padawansguide.com has some info on making comlinks, as does Obi Wan's Jedi Academy (www.jedi-academy.com)?

Essentially, you can use the Star Wars Episode I Visual Dictionary as reference for cutting out parts. Of course all comlinks are not the same, Qui Gon's and Obi Wan's are visibly different. Feel free to make modifications.

For the gillette razor, you remove the mountings for the razor blade with side cutter pliers. You then fill the gap created there with body filler (Bondo) and after that is cured you can drill and sand as you please, adding the voice pick up (made from anything from a piece of dowell rod to a piece of metal rod). Finishing nails work very nicely for the two "antenaes" located at either side of the voice pick up.

You can cut out the little "metal" parts from actual sheet metal, a soda can, or plastic from a shampoo bottle. All up to you and your skills...

Finally, sand, prime and paint to your liking...

~Kai Rhann

3. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I have printed copy of a tutorial that no longer exists on the web. If you'd like me to snail mail it, PM me with your address.

parts of star wars has a list of parts for it, but some are hard to find (like the F-16 part!). I made one that's not a screen accurate replica and i have a little info
    http://public.fotki.com/kait/star_wars/props/comlink.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.