Comments on new Young Jedi rules

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Artie-Deco, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artie-Deco Jedi Knight

star 3
    First, comments on the rules changes; later, I'll comment on the new virtual cards.

-Dueling
    I'm not sure I like the idea of a player "passing" not getting to initiate battle this turn. If I initiate a duel and draw a bad dueling hand, I get penalized twice it seems.

-Dueling Damage and Dueling Text
    In general I like these changes. The "Damage" rule takes some of the sting out of losing a duel, and the "Text" rule makes it even easier to defend a duel without having dueling characters in your deck.

-Armed & Dangerous
    I think the PC is trying to have it both ways: you can't target MTTs with Pounded Unto Death, but you can target them with Jedi Force Push?? I don't like this rule.

-Deck Construction
    I'm not convinced this is a good rule yet. It seems too arbitrary. I don't know what its purpose is, but I suspect there must be a better way to achieve that purpose. I can still have 30 battledroids in my swarm deck -- but I can only have 10 Qui-Gons in my dueling deck instead of 15? Is Jira the only reason for this rule? If so, there should be a better way to handle it.

-Hyperspace
    No problem. Makes sense, and adds some strategy.

-Podracing
    Okay, this weakens podracing somewhat, so I guess it is a good rule. But its not what I wanted to see. I wanted to see podracing be more interactive by allowing your opponent to podrace against you even if they did not put the podracing objective or even a podracer pilot in their deck. SW:CCG did this with their podracing game mechanic, and I think something similar could have worked here. This rule may slow down podracing, but it doesn't make podracing interactive, and probably won't discourage podracing that much.

2. Artie-Deco Jedi Knight

star 3
    Never mind my comment on Armed & Dangerous cards. I was confused on that issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.