main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Comming to a close. The LOTR final few months.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, it's actually a marvellous show of friendship and faith. I think it's cool. Plus Sam hooks up and has a daughter.

oh, and you just have to ignore those useless reveiwers and they just better hope to not meet some of the fans like us on a street. :mad: :p

2. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Wait a second, Frodo and Sam aren't gay?

3. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    No, they are!! So's Legolas and Gimli looks like swapping sides too! ;)

4. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I think Legolas "swapped" some time ago :p

5. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Megan just dropped 40 points on the approval rating, simply because I reckon she's got her knicker's in a twist over the Dendy theatre in martin place being closed down. She should shut up about the politics and keep to watching movies.

6. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, I normally don't mind Megan Spencer, but her comments about both LOTR movies are quite strange. Esspecially considering that 90% of other movie critcs in the world are raving about them. But maybe that's the reason. She seems to like flaunting how arty she is.

As for the Frodo/Sam stuff, I admit that I can see where all that talk has come from, but it's still bizzare. All of that interaction was written in a different era. It's the interaction of two great friends who need each other, and the devotion of a servant to his master. People these days don't understand that and they automatically scream "GAY!" when they see two males being vaguely affectionate.

7. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

It's interesting. Males are always ridiculued for not expressing their emotions - especially to each other - and yet when they do, they're labelled as homosexuals ...

It's pretty sad that JJJ wants to send that message out to young people.

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    a little off topic but ok - you may all drool, but please not on my NEW SWORDS!!!

Uruk-Hai Scimintar $130
    [image=http://202.135.231.4/photoserver/49/1679349_full.jpg]

Arwens sword: Hadhafang $315.01
    [image=http://202.135.231.4/photoserver/30/1679330_full.jpg]

Off TradeMe. Both swords come with 9ct gold "One Rings" as featured in the pics and free postage.

I only found the uruk sword and bid on that - then 1hour before the close I found arwens sword by checking sellers other listings - and there was a struggle for about 15-20mins as there was another bidder bidding and it extended a few times. :D

//sigh//

I can't wait till they arrive :p

The uruk sword is about half price. US online stores sell it for about US$100 - so double that for NZ. hehehe

Arwens sword is about 80% of the US price - but no postage - which saves me quite a bit.

:D

9. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    It's interesting. Males are always ridiculued for not expressing their emotions - especially to each other - and yet when they do, they're labelled as homosexuals ...

Yes, I couldn't agree more. It's very sad, don't you agree?

Oh wow. :D Yeah, I've seen the pictures from that series of swords. I love Hadhafang. The soft curve to the blade and the beautiful inscriptions down it. It really is a work of art, like everything else the elves make. But the one I want from that series is the massive wall-mounted Narsil. :D It looks absolutely incredible.

10. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    I hate Megan Spencer and most film reviewers. I also hate people who say they dislike things just because they are popular.

It must be quite difficult to be 'alternative' 100% of the time.

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    oh, getting Sting sword thrown in for only $65NZ more. :D :D :D

//happy camper//

Right- back to the TTT DVD.

I watched the preview on the TTT release from last week.

//drools//

The Special ed DVD and the ROTK previews were amazingly awesome. Can't wait.

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I just purchased the latest "EMPIRE" magazine (movie / dvd etc movie magazine). Had the first glimpse of ROTK pics and details.

If I could type fast and be bothered, I'd type the entire article - 3pages or so, but sorry, you'll have to buy the mag yourself if you want the rest of the story.

Near the end of the article, is as follows:

And while the spectacle has been ramped up 10-fold, the emotional content is going up to fly pretty close to devastating. Pack your hankies, for even the rough-cut has had them snivelling in the aisles.
    "One of the things I worry about in Film Three is that it is so emotional," explains Boyens, "that you start to worry how much people can handle. You've had two films to set up these characters; people love them. There is one line I think will become one of the great film lines, which Sam says to Frodo on the slopes of Mount Doom: 'I can't carry the it, but I can carry you.' I was just crying and crying".
    Just one thing - it may be a tad longer than the first two.
    Jackson bursts into laughter: "On the first two movies we had this absolute edict from New Line that they couldn't be longer than two and a half hours, which we kind of ignored. This year we had an edict saying it mustn't be longer than three hours. We are making progress. More than that, though, this is the one I am most proud of and will give it the room it needs. It's just great, we are heading towards an ending, a climax!"

woohoo!!! And some of the pics included in the article are coool. I dunno about all the crying - but i'm sure it will be great, and the emphasis on the sam / frodo friendship will be awesome.

13. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Yeah, the exta footage and the like in the 'expanded' DVD/VHS coming out in November sounds really sweet...

14. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    Haha DR flying high is great!

*Stewardess brings Coke*

"would you like that in the can sir?"

*turns head and look towards the toilet*

"no thanks, i'll have it right here"

:)

15. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    I'll be in Singapore for ROTK, which means I get to see it on the 18th.

OH. YEAH.

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    It's due for release on the 17th.

lol!

what are you on about Darth-Tom?

edit = I'm fairly sure it's due out in cinema's midnight of the 17th.

FOTR: Midnight 19th
    TTT: Midnight 18th
    ROTK: (do you see a 365 day theme?)

Although, I have seen/heard it being released boxing day - but that's got to be bollocks!

17. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Boxing Day in Australia, I've seen the teaser poster at the movies, the one with Aragorn on it.

Why do we have to wait?! :_|

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Well, we're getting the world premier... finally.

GRR - and it better get the 17th! :mad:

hello, click me for fantastic news.

Note up top - slightly right.

Return of the King - in cinema's 17th :D :D :D

19. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Ok, folks, the official trailer is here!

I d/led all three sizes, the medium one wouldn't work, small was too small to see and so I just stuck with the large one.

It's nifty!

Go watch it now!

Mmm Samilicious... [face_love]

20. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    Yeah, I saw the trailer on ACA...oh my God!!! It looks bloody sweeet!!!!! :) I'm looking forward to this, I am. :D

21. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I just watched the trailer... That small glimpse of Shelob... ****!!! I hope they don't show too much of her in the trailers before the movie... Shelob is one of the things I really want to see for the first time on "the big screen"...

22. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I want Anduril!
    I want Anduril!

23. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    I want Sam!
    I want Sam!

I mean... bring on RotK :D

Ok, I've just re-read my post and so I'll HTR coz there are possible spoilers for those who haven't read the book

I had to watch the trailer a few times before I got a "proper" look at Shelob, she looks freaky, I was just so dissapointed that she wasn't at the end of TTT, so I'm really looking forward to her being in RotK.

All I'm saying about RotK is that they better not screw up the Paths of the Dead. Actually, there's a few things I'm worried they'll mess up. Like the ending! I cried when I got to the end of RotK, one of my favourite parts of the whole series would have to be the Scouring of the Shire, but then I'm a hobbit girl, so whenever hobbits are in the book I'm well happy. I was so annoyed about the lack of Tom Bombadil in FotR that I will be severly UNimpressed if PJ screws up the ending. I cried when Sam returned home to Rosie and Elanor after the others had left for the Grey Havens.

End spoilers, end rant. Thank you for your time.

24. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    It's my pleasure...

25. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    ROTK is supposed to be about three and a half hours long. The theatrical cut, not the EE. ;)

Three and a half hours. Speechless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.