main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Commonwealth Cantina! I need a drink!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by James3, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    And can you believe more snow on the way?!? What a great winter. We actually have Hoth outside!

What is everyone doing for the weekend?

Our Valentine's weekend is actually a crazy mess. Tonight starts with a Girl Scout Lock In for Julie and the girls. that they will have to leave early in the morning to make it to a Bible quizzing match. A small break in the afternoon then off to the Girl Scouts Father/Daughter dinner and dance. By the time we are done with church on Sunday, I reckon the snow will be coming and Julie and I will just want to crash.

2. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Wow man, this past Saturday was crazy out on Midlothian. you woulda thought it was XMas! We had a birthday party to go to at Chuck E Cheese and there were so many people there, you had to wait in line outside. After about 20 minutes we just handed the gifts over and went dwon to Famous Dave's for BarBCue. I think everyone had cabin fever and wanted to get out.

3. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    CEC really is a crazy place. Had the same experience a few months ago whilst attending a birthday party there. Let's not meet there!

4. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    You guys must just go at the wrong times. We never have a problem getting in there and the kiddos always have more then enough time to hit all the games they want.

As for doing a meeting there it would only make sense if we were doing a big ole family get together deal. I wouldn't mind but I think the Windy Hill or Lazer Tag would be more our speed.

5. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Do I have to get permission from anyone to make a couple Richmond Fanforce shirts? I've got a little something from a while back but I need an updated shirt for meetings.

6. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
  7. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    So where are those shirts at? :cool:

8. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Time to resurrect this place even if I'm talking to myself. :)

Although I belong to several fangroups, I miss the comraderie of a Star Wars only group be it Reb or Imperial. So much has gone on in the past 6 or 7 months with Star Wars and although I lurk here once or twice a month, I plan to again come in weekly.

There are several people who were heavily active here in the past that have declared Star Wars is pretty much dead and no one really cares. Well, I care and look forward to sharing some of it again.
    The Clone Wars has been on fire this past season. The toy line is running strong. The books are coming out. The magazine is loaded with good stuff. Star Wars costuming is just as enjoyable as it ever was for me. Being a Disney fan, Star Wars Weekends is coming up along with the re-launch of Star Tours. The prequels land in theaters next February. All sorts of stuff thats at least worth us getting together quarterly to catch up on.

THERES REALLY NO NEED FOR A BUNCH OF THREADS!

I say we post anything here we want to talk about, then a seperate thread regards the when and where we meet.

9. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Nice interview up on the front door with Lucas on G4. Obviously promoting the new re-vamped Star Tours ride, he made mention of the live action series which has been allowed to sit on some shelf somewhere until they can do it on the cheap. Apparently there's some 50 hours worth of television viewing, a massive investment to be allowed to sit on the shelf. I had heard it cost about $2m an episode and as such there were currently no buyers in the market. So I dont think we'll see this thing within the next 5 yrs since we got another season of Clone Wars as well as a couple years of him grinding out the 3D movies for replay in the theaters. Cool note on that is that I hope to troop some of them and have a little fun with the various Star Wars costumes I have.

Also saw on the front board the new logo for CVI. I was a little underwhlemed with CV at its lack of Lucas film displays. There were virtually no props, costumes or sets out of the Lucasfilm archive.
    I had to go to the Smithsonian when I got back to see a "real" C3P0 and other assorted movie props. CV was primarily a fan based event, put on by the fans for the fans with Lucas giving his blessing
    to have a yard sale. At least that was my impression. Regardless, always fun to be amongst like minded people and make new friends so here's hoping again that CVI is in Orlando with a little more participation by ILM/Lucasfilm!

10. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, w/CVI confirmed for next year, I definitely know there will be several here and in other forums that will be attending. Can't miss the opportunity to package a Star Wars Celebration and a trip to Disney so its a definite go for me!

11. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Cool...here it comes, this week begins the start of San Diego Comic Con! Some of our past members have visited and had great stories to tell. I love watching it on G4 as they usually give us some good Star Wars snippets! As a collector, I'm going crazy for The Vintage Collection exclusive from Hasbro. This thing has 14 figs packaged in a Death Star case. The thing is huge! also, hoping we get some more info on a release date for the MMORPG. This thing was supposed to be out last fall in all its Star Wars glory but remains delayed yet again. Kinda sad to hear the Star Wars shop over at StarWars.com is closing its doors. I've stopped by there numerous times over the past half dozen years to look at cool swag if not buy some things. Hopefully they'll come back with something better.

Still checking this site several times a week. Hopefully I'll find fellow Star Wars enthusiasts here in Richmond that care enough to post regularly. I cant seem to get enough of it! Overhauled the Star Wars toy room for version 2.0 so as to obtain even more Star Wars goodness. Looking to meet some heavy duty fans who dont mind watching one of the movies for the umpteenth time or go out to eat to discuss all of this stuff in person. Thee's more good things in store for the brand and as we lead up to CVI, I think it will get even better.

12. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Star Wars Lego special on Cartoon Network this Friday 7/22 @ 7pm!

13. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Comic Con lands this Thursday through Sunday and its usually loaded with some good Star Wars related items we get to see on tv, not to mention of course that Lucas has a very large footprint there on the floor. Easiest way to catch the round up on tv is by watching G4 on your local cable provider. Thurs & Fri they run an hour special @ 7pm and Saturday they go 4-7pm live! I'm sure they'll have some Star Wars stuff highlited as they've always done a good job on that. There's bound to be a ton of people dressed up on the floor as well.

14. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Having recently seen many of the deleted scenes via the panel at Comic Con (Youtube, G4) etc, I'm really itching to get a hold of the Blu Ray set. With over 40 hours of bonus material, I dont think I can wait til Xmas for it! I foresee grabbing this set on a Friday and staying up all night watching Star Wars goodness. Really am a kid in a candy store when it comes to this series and its toys!

15. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Really interesting read on the front page to hear the battle between Lucas v Ainsworth came to an end over in the UK. Looks like Ainsworth can sell his stormtrooper helmets/armor in the UK and thats it.

16. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Had a great weekend scoring the Ywing/ToysRUs, Bwing/Kmart and most happily, the commemorative sets from Target. Imagine my delight to go to three stores and find everything I was hunting for! Went home and immersed myself into a room revision and Star Wars on dvd all night long. Very cool.

17. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Star Wars Blu Ray sets land 9/16.

18. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Only Blu-Ray player I have is the one in my ps3 and LAptop. Not sure if this is gonna be a purchase for me

19. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    WHAT!?! Blasphemy! Just kidding! I imagine the price of Blu Ray players will be around $50 on sale at Xmas. This set has most everything in it that LFL/ILM have done with the films up until now. Its missing The Holiday Special and a couple documnetaries but I'd say its a tremendous buy! With it down in price at Amazon, it'll pay for itself in one massive viewing of its material. I plan to watch it repeatedly over the years in all its bits & pieces. My only thing is I might ask Santa Claus to bring it!

Rant time! I watched Conan last night and got the familiar disgust with Harrison Ford. He's ragged Star Wars fans so many times throughout the years and did again in true style last night. Telling Conan that he wouldnt be caught anywhere near a place that has people dressed up as Princess Leia! He was referencing Comic Con and he played a gimmick of being brought in handcuffs to promote Cowbys vs Aliens there. Poor sap, he takes a dump on every kid/adult out there who shares the passion and doesnt care. 501st/Rebel legion, Fanforce members, anyone who's ever dressed up to see kids smile and laugh and get those saucer sized eyes at seeing someone dressed up. Very shallow of him, oh, but he'll be fine charging $400 for his autograph on a Han Solo pic!

20. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    So I watched that Today show clip with Carrie Fisher and just have to say Wow! Kudos to her. She was looking very large last year and with determination she's lost 50lbs. Not a short or easy course to take but if you can lose a pound a week, you got something to look forward to. Now she looks pretty good for her age. They showed that clip of her in her metal bikini and man she looked so young then.

21. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Yes, I saw that too. Very Impressive.

I too am not a fan of the Harrison Ford episode of Conan.

22. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, I was reading on the front door about this weekends Star Wars marathon on Spike TV. Appears several hosts are going into the Lucasfilm archives to look at film costumes & props which I assume they'll show in 10 or 20 second snippets between commercials. Riddle me this? WTH is Star Wars doing on Spike TV? I love the brand but it kills me that its on such a bad channel. Spike seems to show Star Wars movies once a month for a whole weekend and my biggest problem is that its not a kid friendly channel! I cannot even have it on in the background due to all the racey commercials and sexual inuendo. You get cussing and scantily clad women and beer/liquor commericals, etc.,etc. Now as an adult, that may be fun but I cant watch the movies with the kids or like I said, even have them on in the background with this channel. Seeing Spike is an MTV network, I know its not family friendly. Would common sense not prevail at LFL and license it to SyFy? I'd love to see Star Wars marathons on SyFy but I hate Spike TV and to put the movies on there seems to cheapen their appeal somewhat. Someone up at LFL really messed up. These are movies I saw as a kid and cant even watch them on tv with my own kids. Breakout the dvd.

23. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Big events coming this week! Star Wars on Blu Ray, midnight release at Walmart Thursday night! Apparently costumers are welcomed at the 24hr stores. Anyone interested? I see the Blu Ray additional content has a documentary on the 501st. I'm a fan of those guys and speaking of them, they'll be out promoting the Blu Ray this Saturday 9/17 11-2 at the Commonwealth 20 store over in Brandermill. I imagine Sat. night will be a six pack, a pizza and an all night Star Wars marathon starting with the add'l content first. Looking forward to it!

24. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    What a great weekend for Star Wars fans! I trooped as Vader over at the Best Buy event and we were surrounded in great crowds. The store was playing Star Wars theme music inside and out along with multiple displays and sold out of the sets. Another Walmart in the area also ran out of the complete sets so that sent me to a second store where I picked up the next to last set. Walmart was even selling about half a dozen different Star Wars shirts for about $7 so I grabbed one of those too. Saturday night was sepnt enjoying most of what the discs had to offer along with a follow up marathon on Sunday. It was a lot of fun to be among the brethren this weekend as Star Wars seemed to be everywhere I went!

25. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Certainly am happy with the set. Took me the better part of two days to navigate around it and the better part of a week to watch the films again. I always seem to find little things overlooked even after all these viewings. Note that when you go to the extras disc and see the visual of Boba Fett's suit, it unlocks the cartoon that introduced Boba out of the Star Wars Holiday Special. There's been some really cool displays set up for these movies, most notably, Best Buy had a giant Tie Fighter and WalMart had a giant AtAt!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.