main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Community] How about a thread index?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Boba_Fett_2001 , Sep 24, 2013.

1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Back in the day we used to have a sticky thread for all the relevant threads in YJCC. Wouldn't it be a good idea to bring that back and have it updated (lol social threads)? Especially now that we've merged all the forums together it'll be much easier for anyone to find the thread for their favourite show, movie series, sports league, wacky news, etc.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [insert joke about there already being a sticky for all relevant JCC threads]

eht13 likes this.
  3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    What always gave me a laugh until the IGN boards were no more was how "updated" the old index used to be.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    That's been in the backburner for a while and yes, it's probably time. We'll get to it ASAP.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Isn't that what the search function is for?

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, but it wouldn't hurt to have a lot of relevant and important threads, like the comic book cover theater, nfl thread, whatever listed in a stickied index. I use the search function to look for random obscure threads, yeah... but frequently used or historical/important threads would be nice if they were more easily located. I think it's a good idea.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Also a new user would not know the existing threads. If they had the index it might cut down on redundant threads and it would give newbies a starting point.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Bump. If the search function isn't coming back anytime soon it might be a good idea to revisit this. :p

harpua likes this.
  9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Ahead of you. I've been gathering links for a while.

Now, given your, er, special abilities, I might ask you for help in the near future. :p

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.