main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Community] I'm in love.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    why do you hate nice things, person?

2. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Like I said, season 2 was where they started going too far in a few places. In Epidemiology the far-fetchedness is more forgivable because it had a point and was funny. The entire episode was based around it and it served the story and the characters; it wasn't a random throwaway gag or weird just for the sake of being weird. That was back when the show had fewer theme/parody episodes so they were something special instead of the exponentially growing demented spiral into insanity that they became in season 3.

Also, the zombies weren't actually reanimated corpses, unlike in the episode that said ghosts are real.

3. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Community's not moving to Friday's after all.

“Given the success we’ve had for the past four weeks – including winning the first week of the season in A18-49 – we’ve decided to continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new NBC shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday and have therefore decided to hold Communityand Whitney from their previously announced premieres of October 19th," the network said. "Without having to launch these comedies on Friday at this time, we can keep our promotion focused on earlier in the week -- plus we will have both comedies in our back pocket if we need to make any schedule changes on those nights. When we have a better idea of viewing patterns in the next few weeks, we will announce new season premieres of Whitney and Community."

:(

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Can't wait for more Matthew Perry sitcoms, singing competitions, and Lost imitations with nonsensical premises.

jp-30 likes this.
  5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    please nbc, just sell the rights to netflix.

7. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    #Occupy Greendale!

I want my Community!

8. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Sony's the production company, and they're not so friendly with Netflix at the moment.

9. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  10. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    That's October 19th.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    That was awesome. I already had faith in the guys from Happy Endings but this makes me feel even better about them.

I know it being delayed is annoying, but honestly NBC is probably doing them a favor. They're most likely going to put it in a block with 'Go On', which is the more mainstream and more popular sort of dumbed down Community. But it might help its viewership a bit. At the very least they won't be putting it up against BBT to get slaughtered again.

12. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    And not on Friday nights!

Seriously, I think this might be a good thing long-term.

13. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    It still blows my mind people would rather watch BBT than Community.

Darth McClain and Darth Guy like this.
  14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I think the main things that could get it season 5 would be 1. two of NBC's long-running sitcoms are ending 2. most newer sitcoms like Up All Night aren't doing so well and 3. Community has a loyal fanbase. Parks and Rec is most likely getting a sixth season for those reasons. If only NBC would air it. Maybe they're just trying to burn off Whitney first.

EDIT: I say "seasons" too much.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Pretty sure they are getting rid of Whitney, yeah. I mean if a lot of your comedies aren't performing well but one of them at least has a loyal fanbase who will buy the DVDs and merch and support it, that could factor in a little bit.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    but does it need a 5th season? i'd be ecstatic if they just picked up the back nine for the fourth season. four seasons seems perfect for obvious reasons.

17. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    At this point, I don't think they will extend the fourth season. I mean, past October it would have to run into the summer to complete 22 episodes unless they run double-headers (and that's not going to happen unless they're burning it off), right?

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    well if they started right at the beginning of november (which they probably won't) and ran the episodes consecutively with no breaks (which they probably wouldn't) a 22 episode season would end in the first half of april. i agree it's not likely, but there is a little bit of wiggle room if they shooting to end the season around the end of may. but if we only get the 13 episodes then i will hope for a 5th season.

19. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    That video is awesome

20. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    But #SixSeasonsAndAMovie.

4 would probably make the most sense, though. You could do a post-Greendale season, but I'd be skeptical about that.

21. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
  22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I mean I'm not expecting it to go past 13 but there's a small possibility they might keep it since their other comedies are ending.

23. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Well they placed October 19th........February 7th 2013. I really was hoping to see season 4 of Community before the world ends, guess that is not happening now.

So tomorrow we're watching the Community Halloween episodes! Wahoo!

24. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Nice! I was thinking of doing the same thing, myself.

I'm just glad that we have a date for October 19th. Hopefully NBC actually sticks to this one. Glad that it's on a Thursday, too.

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002