main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Community] I'm in love.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Nov 5, 2009.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Wow. Has no one else seen this?

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    yes. no one else has seen community. that's why this thread is 28 pages long

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Not sure if serious, but I'll bite. Last episode was a few days ago and there have been far fewer comments than normal.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i watched it. i thought it was a solid episode, i just didn't have much to say about it. the troy and abed freaky friday thing was really well written and hit a lot of the right notes, it just didn't have many laughs. thankfully, the dean scenes were pretty hilarious.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Routine light switch check.

Stackpole_The_Hobbit likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    OK, people, this show is coming up next in my Netflix queue.

7. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    The Dean wrote the episode. I thought it was pretty strong, for Community Lite.

8. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Chevy's absence is ruining these otherwise above-par episodes. If the show gets renewed, next season is not going to feel right at all.

9. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    these episodes have been above-pay because of chevy's absence.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  10. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I've enjoyed the last two episodes very much. Especially last weeks, I hope if they do renew Community they let Jim Rash write more episodes next year. Have there already been 14 episodes? I feel like we should have a couple more just yet before graduation. I could be wrong.

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, haven't missed chevy at all. the only reason it's slightly awkward is because he just walked off the set so they had to alter episodes that had already been written, and make excuses for why he isn't there.

12. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    just the finale left PK. 13 episode season.

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Tonight's was brilliant.

14. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    *sigh* I'm not ready for it to be over.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  16. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    The only thing that I didn't really like was the resolution to the Chang storyline. In all, a fun episode.

17. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    "I hope this doesn't awaken something in me..."

18. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    That was a good episode. Abed warning people at the mall about the Star Wars prequels definitely made me think of this place

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I am glad this episode was (mostly, I guess; according to reddit Magnitude would've been 13 in 2008) mindful of continuity. Like Troy faking an injury doing a "keg flip" and Annie running through a sliding glass door.

20. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Speaking of continuity: wasn't it mentioned at some point that Annie had a weight problem pre-rehab? I thought that was the stated reason Troy didn't recognize her.

21. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    Also Troy injured his shoulders, not his knee. Also he really hurt himself, he didn't just fake it. Also he wanted to go to Greendale because he saw of a commercial, not a flyer.

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I looked it up. Fair point about it being his shoulders, but I guess dislocating them would've been too much to show on a sitcom? I like the change, come to think of it. It wasn't a fake injury, but it was intentional (and thus most likely exaggerated like we saw) because he couldn't take the pressure.

23. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    Chevy is funnier and much more talented than a lot of fans give him credit for. It's like they hate him because his character was really mean in some episodes or because of the stories they've heard or because "he got Dan Harmon fired," which he really didn't, but they'll hate him for that anyway.

Without Chevy, I will stop watching Community. "Intro to Knots" worked, but didn't feel complete. I liked "Heroic Origins" but his absence hurt the episode in the sense that he is an important character and should have gotten an origin as well; if Magnitude got one, Pierce should have too. The writers are not to blame, they can't magically make Chevy appear, but come on, they could have treated the Pierce character a little more respectfully than going "he doesn't matter so forget about him." It's the Greendale 7, not the Greendale 6 + Chevy Chase.

Community is way better with Chevy than without. I honestly don't understand why a lot of people like to bash him, like we have to deal with him personally. Who cares what he's like behind the scenes? He was always consistently entertaining on-screen until the writers decided to limit his character traits to "old" and "racist."

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    but pierce's character is a fifth wheel. it's been a running a joke the entire series, so the attitude toward his absence is actually in character. and chevy can be very funny, but consistently entertaining is a huge stretch. he's clearly been unhappy with the show's direction and his screen-time almost from the beginning, to the point where he phones in scenes and is more awkward on-screen than anything.

Armenian_Jedi likes this.
  25. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Pierce had his great moments. But overall in the series there were less hits and more misses. And yeah, it was fairly obvious Chevy was phoning it in a lot of the time.