Amph [Community] I'm in love.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Nov 5, 2009.

1. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Jay, there you go again, being firm yet harsh. 30 Rock is still brilliant. Jon Hamm was on again. JON HAMM.

I love how now the writers of Community have just decided to fully embrace doing pop culture references and parodies. The Good Will Hunting stuff was hilarious. I'm sad to have to wait all summer now for new episodes, though. But excited that Chang is going to be a student now.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  2. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    There's still the season finale next week. :p
  3. Jedi_Reject_Jesse Force Ghost

star 7
    Really? I thought that was the finale. I'm glad that wasn't the case, because frankly, I thought it was pretty "meh" overall, especially following the last 3 episodes.
  4. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Yeah, all the NBC Thursday sitcoms have their finales next week.
  5. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Oh that's weird. Because that was episode 24...

-sj loves kevin spacey
  6. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
  7. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Oh. Huh, that's weird. Well I'm not going to complain.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  8. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    Awesome. Past two weeks were great. I almost passed out laughing when I realized they were going for reverse-Good-Will-Hunting.

9. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    Maybe I missed something...but when did they explain why John Oliver's character has fallen off the face of the planet?
  10. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Well, I'm pretty sure he was never meant to be a regular. He was just Jeff's initial connection to Greendale. When Jeff realized that Oliver's character couldn't help him cheat his way through the classes, that was the impetus for the study group.
  11. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    Speak of the devil...

Tranny dance!
  12. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Love quadrangle!

Banana Levar Burton
  13. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah, I was just wondering the same thing about whether John Oliver would ever be back and voila. I love him, and I wish they'd have him on more. I suppose his Daily Show commitments on the other side of the country make that difficult, though.

I could definitely see the Annie/Jeff thing coming for a while now, but I thought they did a really good job of underplaying it all season. It'll be interesting to see what happens with all of that next year.

I'm starting to worry about the future of the show, though. It was awesome that it got renewed even though it just did ok by NBC's standards... but now CBS has moved The Big Bang Theory to Thursdays next year and it will be going directly against Community [face_worried] They are clearly trying to make sure to get all of that young demographic. Damn you and your programming genius, Les Moonves! :(

-sj loves kevin spacey
  14. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    OK, watched the first 3 episodes. I've had to wipe tears of laughter from my eyes at least 3 times, and I think last time I did that was at the South Park movie. Though ep 3 (Abed's movie) wasn't as good as the first two.

Also, has anyone mentioned Annie looks just like our blackoutx? [face_love]

And this is the best I've ever seen Chevy Chase.
  15. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I LOVE this show! I just started DVRing (and had some friends over who watched it and are now hooked) and I'm hooked. The paintball episode was awesome. I haven't seen yesterday's episode, yet.

I loved the dig at GLEE, because I just can't get into that "hit".

I'm going to also check out Modern Family, because it looks like it has a good premise and ensemble cast.

16. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Ugh, Big Bang is alright, but the laugh track. Dear God, the laugh track.

And jp, is Community broadcast in NZ or did you have to torrent it or something?
  17. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yeah, my american auntie fed-ex'd me a vhs.
  18. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Shoulda sent a Laserdisc. Or a Beta tape.
  19. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    So, this show is awesome.

Also, I never knew TV gossip show hosts were so ripped.
  20. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    jp now you get it. Welcome to the world. I am glad to see a number of new people watching the show. I got to see a preview screening of the pilot last year and loved it. Of course I do love Joel McHale, but really the rest of the cast is incredible, too. Donald Glover especially.

The dig at Glee in the paintball episode was really funny, and I'm saying that as a fan of Glee ;)

I've only seen clips from it, and while I've heard it's okay, I just can't get over the old-fashioned "joke-LAUGH!" I mean, How I Met Your Mother has a laugh track (kind of imposed on the format by CBS). But it's really low-key, I think because it's not actually a live audience that's being made to laugh too loudly.

But I'm still worried that the popularity of BBT will kill Community next year if it doesn't get moved or have some kind of miracle :( NBC should put The Office in that slot instead, as its the only one of their acclaimed comedies that actually has good ratings in the key demo.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  21. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I really only watched Big Bang at the behest of my parents, who love the two major CBS comedies (BBT and... Two and a Half Men), The Office (I'd say because of me, but it's more the syndication), and 30 Rock but don't understand the appeal of Community, Parks and Rec and HIMYM.

...yeah.
  22. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    OK, just watched the "priority registration" episode.

[face_hypnotized]

Holy crap...
  23. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    Speaking of great shows like Community, I'm sure you all have, but if you haven't, check out Arrested Development. I just finished the 2nd season on Netflix instant queue. I don't understand why that show is not still on the air.
  24. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    It had a serialized storyline and a lot of in-jokes before that style became popular, basically. Even by today's (NBC sitcom) standards, it's still really hard to get into in the middle of the series. It was also before Hulu and things like widespread viewership of TV DVD's and torrents (far less people had broadband internet) made it fairly easy to catch up.
  25. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah, AD was even harder to get into in the middle than a show like HIMYM. At least HIMYM has some humor that's easy for anyone to understand. It's still extremely self-referential, but with AD you pretty much couldn't get the jokes unless you watched all of it really closely.

Basically what I'm saying is people are stupid.

-sj loves kevin spacey