main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comparing NJO Jedi to the Jedi of Old

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthmohican, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I dont know if there is already a thread for this but I thought it'd be cool
    for me the Quinlan Vos of the NJO is Kyp
    the Mace Windu is Kyle Katarn

what are your thoughts

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I think the original New Jedi Order was something that was fairly akin to the Rebel Alliance special forces with lightsaber. Part of this is Corran Horn's influence as he completely misread what the Jedi Knighthood was supposed to be about. Kyle Katarn and Keyan Farlander were also former Special Forces operatives of the Alliance. Ironically, his archnemesis in Kyp Durron was also a major proponent of this and Luke Skywalker went along with both of them.

Gradually, I think Luke realized that he needed to provide some spiritual guidance to his Order since they all couldn't be trusted to follow their hearts. To that end, he took over in the New Jedi Order and gradually moved them away from being the aids of the Galactic Alliance to instead being their own seperate organization with affiliations to the Alliance.

They adopted a lot of the Old Jedi's Mystique since clearly "being one of the guys" only meant that people were willing to murder you that much quicker.

3. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    I think it's really really hard to compare them, as the order feels so much different. In the PT era...the Council chamber without Yoda still seemed like a formidable bastion of strength and wisdom. In the NJO era (Dark Nest exemplifying this...) the Council Chamber minus Luke Skywalker seems like the waning hours of a small college party that involved lots of drinking beer and talking philosophy. The Master's brains turn to mush, they argue the same points over and over, and someone gets mad and tries to leave.

That said, I think of Corran as the Vos/Tholme type. Corran is good in a fight, but like Vos and Tholme, he probably does his best work trying to remain hidden while seeking out the problem.

In some regards I see Kyp as similar to Qui-Gon. Both constantly disagreed and disobeyed the council...and Kyp was VERY reluctantly allowed on the council while Qui-Gon was kept off completely.

I can buy some similarity between Kyle and Mace. Both are bad as hell in a fight...both are pretty intent on action.

I'd like to see Jaina really get into the Jedi thing and say "Forget men, forget my name, forget this soft training. Just call me The Dark Woman."

4. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    No no, Jaina would insist on being called "Sword of the Jedi" and when she felt she transcended that she'd become "Sword of the Force." Haha.

5. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    The New Jedi Order actually put there promblems out in the open, while the Old Jedi Order most likly shunned them away. This is why IMO the Old Jedi Order ran much more smoother, but ultimately failed because they refused to see what was infront of them. This promblem as we all know has recently infected Luke. I think this is because he's tried to hard to make the NJO like the OJO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.