main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comparisons Between the Brotherhood of the Sith and Krayt's New Sith (Legacy/PoD Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by 906Commando, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 906Commando

906Commando Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2006

After reading Path of Destruction, I couldn't help notice the similarities between Lord Kaan's Brotherhood of the Sith and Darth Krayt's new sith.

Lord Kaan and Darth Krayt both assembled armies to fight the Jedi and the Republic in open conflict, both obsessing with the destruction of the Jedi. Even though Krayt's Sith didn't have their own forces, you could almost count the Second Galactic Empire as their proxy forces (especially, er, after the coup). Is it possible that Krayt will suffer the same fate as Kaan, with too many weak Sith ganging up on the strongest Sith, perversing the Sith order?

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Krayt has this weird idea that his Sith will be friends unlike what Bane claims.

3. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    So far, Krayt's Sith seem loyal to him over their own interests. I figure they'll stay that way until he shows some real weakness in front of them. Except Wyyrlok. He's loyal to the end.

Actually, Krayt's Sith Order isn't that different from Palpatine's. In addition to Palps and Vader, he had the Inquisitors, Emperor's Hands, Eyes, Reach, and Voice, Prophets of the Dark Side, various other Dark Jedi, Prophets of the Dark Side, and the entire Imperial Guard Corps (all of whom were Force-sensitive but untrained). It's just that unlike Palpatine, Krayt calls them all "Sith."

4. 906Commando

906Commando Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2006
    Now that I think about it, Krayt's Order has a lot in common with Revan's and Malak's take on the Sith Order. Where Kaan has all the masters set as equals (true BS), Revan had a hiearchal/bureaucratic order from baddest to not so baddest. Revan at the top, followed by Malak, followed down the ladder by all manner of Sith Lords, Masters, Assassins, what-not. And much like Revan, Krayt has some grand vision he has for a new galactic order that will not only benefit him, but the galaxy at large, yet he rules much like Malak. And yet it failed, too. Malak took out Revan, which is worthy enough. But after Malak was taken out, the Sith Empire imploded on itself, causing the galaxy to be sucked into it.

The difference between the Brotherhood and Revan's Empire is that there is no one seemingly ballsy enough to take down Krayt. They all have a certain reverance for Krayt as Mandalore, and the Order itself on a holy crusade. I dont like brining Mandalorians into this, but I think the analogy fits. That said, Sith never succeed once they fight in the open.

On a side note: it needs to be retconned on how Krayt was able restart the Sith Order on Korriban, "infusing themselves with the dark knowledge found in the ancient Sith temples there." Path of Destruction made it pretty clear that the ancient temples were stripped bear. Are there new temples? Was he using the Brotherhood's Sith Academy? Hmmm...

Darth Elyrius likes this.
  5. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I think that Krayt believes that the Sith Order will be stronger
    and more secure because of the large number of Sith as long as he
    himself or other strong and charismatic leader will be leading
    them. I do not think that he really views them as a one, big
    happy family whose members have only warm thoughts about each other.
    After Krayt has exited the stage, there will be a power struggle,
    which he probably is aware of and which makes him more desperate
    to find a way to extent the time before whatever thing he has takes
    over him, if not find a cure for the thing.

Darth Wyyrlok III could perhaps be a leader almost able to lead
    the Order after Krayt, but as these things go, I think it is very
    likely that Darth Nihl will make a move to become a leader of
    the Sith himself. Either he will rebel against Krayt or murder
    Wyyrlok after Krayt has died, but he certainly seems to be the kind
    of person who seems to have been born to be an usurper.

Krayt following in the steps of Kaan could just be a change of
    tactics as a result for the failure of Bane´s Order. The Rule
    of Two helped the Sith to survive when hidden, but it did not
    help them to stay in power after they had had their revenge and
    the galaxy was theirs. There really is not much room for a middle
    way between these two positions, so no wonder that after the
    Empire of Palpatine failed and Darth Jacen failed in his own
    apparent attempt to resurrect the Rule of Two and use it to
    mould the galaxy in the way the Sith liked it, that the Sith
    would turn back to earlier examples of different kind of Sith
    organizations.

And if Krayt knows about what Darth Bane did to the Sith on
    Ruusan, then perhaps he thinks that the Brotherhood of Darkness -
    and the Sith Empire that Darth Ruin established and which died
    on Ruusan - did not fail because of large numbers of Sith Lords
    existed at the sime time, but because the Order was betrayed from
    the inside. That the Jedi did not destroy the Sith 1000 BBY, but
    that Darth Bane did. And that as long as these kind of Darth Bane
    wannabes would be find out and dealed with, the New Sith Order
    would be safe.

6. Darth_Angle

Darth_Angle Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2006
    I think that any of Krayt's Sith Order would take a shot at the first sign of weakness. Darth Wyyrlok could well be scheming already and just hiding behind the facade of comeradeship. Maybe the only reason he hasn't gone for it yet is he is waiting for the consolidation of power or not confident he could take him on yet.
    I wouldn't thought there is much love or friendship for Krayt maybe just fear and grudging respect.
    Not that DK shows much comradeship to his Sith Order look at poor old Darth Ruyn he trains Talon to the best of his ability to serve DK and what his is reward?
    Decapitation that's what.
    Not exactly the way to instill comradeship and loyalty in the troops.
    The New Sith Order is just waiting to explode, it seems fine when there is a common goal (unless your Darth Ruyn) but if they ever feel they have control of the galaxy it will implode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.