Complaining of exclusive fig at OS forums

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by k3po, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po Jedi Knight

star 6
    People are not happy that the figure of Lucas is only being sold at the event. Personally I'm glad it is. I hope it wont be sold at the fan club at a later date. What do you guys think?
  2. AlderaanOnline Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I agree. I'm glad it won't be sold later. Of course I'm biased since I'll be there.

On the other hand, I was happy they made the 25th Anniversary Vader available through the fan club. ;)
  3. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I think they wouldn't be happy with any figure being sold exclusively at the Celebration. If I was a toy collector and not going I'd be upset, too. But hey, I'm not a toy collector, and I'm going.
  4. Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I really shouldn't complain, cause I am going to CII and can get the action figure. I do think its a great idea to have some CII merchandise, something to buy as a memento (no, not those stupid mints) of the event. However, lets face it when something is called EXCLUSIVE, especially when it comes to action figures, it means be prepared to pay through the nose for this. Lets face it scalpers have completly ruined this hobby, not just for me, but in general. I beleive if you want one of these figures you should be able to get one, lets face it, its going to mean more to me having gone to CII and bought one than to someone who just wants one to add to his colection, but having to pay 5 times the realistic value is just plain insane.

Scalpers, we dont need their scum!
  5. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Knight

star 5
    I think "exclusives" are a necessary evil these days even though I don't really care for them. If you want Wal-mart, TRU, Kmart, FAO Schwarz, and everybody else to give your toys an entire section or couple of aisles or whatever; you as the toymaker better give these stores a reason to do so. Cue the exclusive. Same thing for a convention unfortunately. It's unfortunate that many going to C2 feel they are entitled to something special for going, as if being part of this incredible event isn't good enough. As DonC said, it could've been an exclusive anything and those not attending would feel cheated, while those who are would be thrilled. There were a few people posting on these boards just a couple of weeks ago that they wouldn't want a George Lucas figure. Now they want two. It's all really rather petty. Why should anyone be excluded from being able to complete their collections at a reasonable price? Who knows.
  6. DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    But you forgot to mention that the Toy Fair Vader wasn't available to the general public until it was on the fan club. It was only given away at Toy Fair which isn't open to the general public, only those in the industry or those who know someone in the industry (even though I think they are cracking down on those people, seems to be the way with these business-like conventions). But, even with that being said they will make a showing on e-bay, online stores and the like. And as it is with everything dealing with people whining (which Star Wars fans are nortorious for...don't get me started about the stares I get people thinking I'm a scalper) with enough complaining they will probably give in and sell a version that possibly will be different. ok, I'm rambling here but you get my point hopefully...
  7. k3po Jedi Knight

star 6
    I think actually buying the figure at the event will be more meaningful in my collection than yes, buying on from a guy on e-bay. If I wasnt going, i wouldnt even buy one. Its a cool fig, but not that end of the world if I dont have on type.
  8. K-Dub_Solo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think it is great that people who can attend, can be rewarded with this exclusive figure.
  9. TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It doesn't bother me much. Why call it exclusive unless it really is? And let's not forget, this is Hasbro we're dealing with and the modern day toy market doesn't really mean 'exclusive' if there's way to make money in other ways. They could sell this on a different card without the logo, and get around it. They could package it without the X-wing, or in a different costume. They don't have to keep this as the only Jorg Sakul action figure. That special Luke that was handed out to people at the first showing of special edition ANH was just a redo of Jedi Luke. Not to mention that you basically had to be going to the right theater. I went to the first showing, and I didn't get it (Not that I mind too much, I'm not a completist, and I already have a Jedi Luke, so I didn't feel completely robbed). I think that this exlusive figure is a way to thank the die hard fans. Granted there are lots of die hard fans out there that can't go, for whatever reason, and it sucks for them. So what I say to you is, don't buy extras to sell on Ebay. Real fans and real collectors wouldn't do that. Do it to trade for a Toy Fair Vader, or do it so that you're getting it for someone that can't go but would want them. Just charge them the $10 that you paid.
  10. 3rdamention Jedi Youngling

I will make it simple.

If I was not going to the event I would be pissed cause I could not get a figure.

Since I am going to the event I think It is great that they are exclusive and only available to show attendees.
  11. Dex1138 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My .02 credits:

Buy an extra one and sell it for what you paid plus S&H costs.

I can't abide those scalpers. Filthy creatures!

I will not promote a course of action that will lead to scalping.

-Dex1138
  12. craigrr Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes! Destroy all Scalpers! In my opinion, they're below cockroaches, but above child molesters. I agree they've ruined collecting for everyone else. They give the rest of us a bad name. I guarantee these SOBs will have them for sale on the web & in their comic shops for 5 to 10 times the original price.

Frankly, I'll be very surprised if the leftovers aren't offered thru the fan club eventually just like Toy Fair Vader.
  13. CRIMSONGUARDS4ME Jedi Youngling

i think it bites but im still gonna get one!
  14. FiorCara Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah, but I wonder... will there BE any leftovers?

I'm getting 2, and tradin one for a toy fair vader.

~Caleigh
  15. Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    Come on, we all know that the "exclusive" tag is just to make people think that the Celebration will be their only chance to get it. I bet the figure is in stores or available to buy on their website before the end of summer. Remember the "exclusive" battle droid" figure available online for Episode I?
  16. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    It's those very complaints about C1 that those organizing the event will not have this figure for sale (or most of the other exclusive items for that matter). If you want one, you'll need to get it there or be prepared to pay a scalping fee for it.
  17. whojedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Sebulba is right on the money, and with the limited production of the figure, it is almost guarenteed to sell out. That is why they are limiting quantities each day, unlike C1.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.