main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Complete AOTC Soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by MJedi, Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJedi

MJedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 17, 2000
    Any news as to when the complete AOTC soundtrack will be released, if ever? You'd think that it should've been released with the DVD. Any petition(s) I can sign? Thanks.

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Not exactly a petition is out yet. Not that it would work, of course. :-\

The TPM complete soundtrack came out in November/December 2000, so going by that record, we might expect an AOTC complete soundtrack in November/December 2003. :(

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Well, I wish they would hurry up, 'cause I want to hear the music where Anakin is talking to Palpatine in his office. Best music on the film, and it's not even on the soundtrack! Doh, Williams, doh! [face_plain]

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    u sure it's Williams' fault?

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I know what you mean, Ninja, not to mention a slew of other amazing musical moments on Coruscant (not referring the speeder chase).

*sigh* Oh well, at least we can listen to the Clone War music already. [face_plain]

6. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    will the bitterness ever fade?

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Probably not. :p

8. CopernicusDent

CopernicusDent Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2001
    No bitterness from me. You can only put so much music on 1 CD. Though I wish the On the Conover Belt cue was featured on the major release of the album.

A blatant marketing ploy, if you ask me.

9. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    I was more commenting on sithy's face about hearing the battle music: meaning from the music that was edited into the sequence

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, it was about the editing of TPM music.

Although, "hacking" works better than "editing".

11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I'm not even sure I am interested in a complete version of the AOTC score. I mean I want some of the music we don't have but I am not wanting to hear the awful edits come through on the CD even more than they do on screen. Then again, a few of the edits we already have the original versions on the first soundtrack CD. I dunno... I guess I am still bitter and angry about the way Williams' gorgeous score was treated in the film.

12. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    By Complete AOTC soundtrack if you mean an "Ultimate Edition" where the music is exactly as heard in the film I can wait for that. What I want are extended themes of Shmi's theme and Dooku's theme

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Good lord, I would not want a UE type soundtrack (we'd be getting TPM all over again for the last 45 minutes).

What I WOULD like is something in the style of the amazing OT SE CDs (too many acronyms! [face_shocked] ) which had not only music that was in the film, but music that WASN'T in the film.

Sadly, this probably won't happen. :(

14. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    You never know. It all may be released after this trilogy is concluded, but I'd hope it would be sooner.

And personally, I can't wait to hear what was cut. :D

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, I agree.

Like, for example, if we get a "UE" type edition, we will never hear amazing pieces like "Love Pledge and the Arena" on that disc. :(

Too bad.

16. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    The UE for TPM was great, since the soundtrack for TPM was spliced up so much. Whereas, I don't think the AotC was split up anywhere near as badly.

I'm sure we'll get a second edition sort of soundtrack, but what, I have no idea. Maybe we ought to start a petition for the cut tracks? :D

17. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Whereas, I don't think the AotC was split up anywhere near as badly."

Dude, Roy, have you watched AOTC recently? [face_shocked]

18. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Yeah, I have.
    But in my opinion, compared to how "Qui Gon's Noble End" and "Duel of the Fates" were merged together, AotC wasn't that bad. At least, it wasn't nearly as noticeable. To me, at least.

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Wait, are you referring to how the orignal AOTC music was spliced, or how TPM music was spliced into AOTC?

I'm talking about TPM being spliced into AOTC, so we might be talking about different things. :p

20. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I was talking about how the final AotC score was spliced up, compared to how TPM was spliced up ;)

21. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    IIRC, the TPM: UE came out in Nov. of 2000. I rememebr seeing all kinds of posters for the new Backstreet Boys CD in the store cause it came out on the same day [face_plain]

Your logic on wondering when an AOTC: UE would come out is sound, Sithy. But keep in mind AOTC on DVD came out much earlier after theatrical release than TPM did, so maybe there's hope in that way. Personally, I wouldn't really mind an "audio track" compilation comporable to what the TPM:UE is. We still have the May 1999 TPM CD to listen to concent suites, so in a way, we have the best of both worlds. I'd still love to get snippets of music like when Anakin and Padme are talking while she packs in her bedroom, their first kiss scene, and of course the complete duel music.

Of course the best-case scenario is that we get a release similar to the 1997 special edition CDs. But those were RCA releases, while Sony has been responsible for the TPM and AOTC CDs. Those special edition CDs, with the chronological arrangement and complete liner notes, are still the best of Star Wars on CD, IMO.

22. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    The AOTC score was spliced up, that has been the focus of discussion for a long time.

I don't doubt one day the complete AOTC score will be released, as it would eventually become financially successful. Just look at all those Silva, Rhino, Varese, Filmscoremonthly releases that have their market.

23. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    The music edits that really bothered me were:
    - the droid factory : horrible !!!!!!!!!
    - the arena : I really thought the scene was much better with that march music

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yes, Arena/Clone War stuff was all TPM... And that TPM music was spliced up worse than the TPM music was spliced up in TPM! [face_shocked]

...Of course, that's assuming you just understood what I said. :p

25. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    shouldn't this be in the AOTC hate thread?

do we need 2 threads to have people whine about how much they hated the edits?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.