main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Complete reinvention of Yoda's character as of Clone Wars series finale (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Well, this might be polarizing, but I think its genius and has some pretty GIANT implications on the saga as a whole:

Yoda is presented with knowledge of future events by the order of the Whills and is told that he cannot do anything to change it, or let anybody know. He is effectively powerless to stop the Jedi Order from being destroyed and is even shown his own death and last words. He is shown the Death Star, the Battle of Hoth, and essentially the events of the original trilogy.

Does this challenge the notion that the future is "always in motion"? Yoda goes from being one who lives in only the present to living in the past, present, AND future, whose place is really to just guide things along and ensure that Luke Skywalker redeems his father and destroys the Sith.

2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Moved to Star Wars TV from Saga

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I wonder does it change the status of the "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be" line?

Previously there has been some debate about just how accurate Yoda was with this, since the EU gave us several Jedi still alive at the time of Yoda's death. Chances are he was simply wrong. There were Jedi still alive that he didn't know about. How would he, from his cave on Dagobah, know if they were all gone or not?

So I'm wondering... Do you get the impression after the TCW Yoda arc that this is still open to debate? Or... does Yoda's visions solidify his RoTJ dying words in stone and retcon K'krukh et al out of existence?

I'm unashamedly spoilering myself but I haven't actually seen the eps yet, so I don't know what I'd take from it exactly.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    TCW and OT Yoda are almost the same; vastly knowledgeable in the Force and quite empathetic. His scenes with Anakin reminds me of those with Luke - he's quite understanding and more patient. The prequels, especially TPM, made him out to be extremely arrogant and obnoxious.

Darth Valkyrus, I interpret the ending as the RoTJ standing - Luke is the last of the Jedi.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.