main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Complete Surrendur: OC's; for the OC dueling circle

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rogue_Pilot_2347, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Author: Rogue Pilot 2347
    Title: Complete Surrender
    Characters: Thera and Anu (a master/padawan team)
    Timeframe: between TPM and AoTC
    Notes: This was written for the sixteenth OC dueling challenge: Have something, good or bad, happen to a master/padawan team that both will remember.

ENJOY!

COMPLETE SURRENDER

The sky was pearled with the haze of late summer. From tree to tree flitted bright winged avians, their raucous calls echoing off the far walls of the sheltered tropical valley. Higher up in the sky, the avian mammals soared back and forth after the smaller feathered creatures that provided nourishment for them. Thera tipped back her head to stare at the amazing scene, her mouth open as she drank it all in.

?Thera,? her master, Anu Kaide, said, almost sharply. ?Thread. Stop staring please, and let us continue.?

Thera started, and looked down, her cheeks a becoming cherry red. ?Sorry, Master. I?ve never seen anything so beautiful!?

Anu pursed her lips thoughtfully, as she considered the breathtaking view. ?No?it is quite a wonderful place, isn?t it.?

Thera merely nodded. She?d grown up in the Jedi Temple, where there were beautiful gardens, but nothing on so grand a scale as this. The young padawan?s idea of nature, prior to this moment, was four walls enclosing plants that were carefully tended by the gardeners in the Temple.

A blue furred alien bustled toward the two Jedi, arms wide in greeting. ?Ah, there you are, Master Kaide. I was beginning to wonder if you?d gotten lost.?

Anu smiled. ?No, Tribunal Jeekil. Merely distracted. My padawan has had only minimal contact with nature, and wished to stop and take a look.?

Only then did the Tribunal seem to notice Thera, who bowed respectfully, and smiled.

?The Council sent two of you then,? the tribunal said finally. ?This is good! Then we get done twice as fast, yes??

?Well,? Anu hesitated. ?Thera?s really just a learner: she?s my apprentice -?

?Still, though, she will be of help,? Jeekil interrupted. ?Come Jedi. Follow me.?

The problem was relatively small, but J?entzis always called Jedi. They seemed to think only a Jedi could solve anything, and Thera soon grew tired of their ever present attention. All she really wanted was to explore the valley in the time when they were not monitoring the debates. But the J?entzis always had dinner gatherings planned, or tours, or who knew what else.

She sighed, as she prepared for yet another grand ball at the meeting place of the city. Anu glanced sidelong at her. ?Go on,? her master said.

?What?? Thera glanced up hopefully.

?Do your exploring. I?ll tell the J?entzis you weren?t up to another ball.?

Thera merely grinned before dashing out of the room the shared.

She merely watched, sinking into the Force until she was as much a part of the myriad life of the valley as it was. She felt the life of every insect; she tasted the seeds the smaller birds ate, and the flesh the predators feasted on. Her hair was the razor edged grass on the foothills of the farthest mountain, raked by a rushing wind. Her toes were the tiny islands poking timidly from the sea hundreds of kilometers away. The white Standing Stones in the desert where her teeth, and her nostrils were the tiny wells that dotted the dry wilderness.

Thera knew now what Anu meant when she told her padawan to open herself completely; she never had before.

It was midnight when Anu found her padawan, still seated beneath the massive toarry tree that had captured her attention the day before. Thera sat on the manicured lawn, as though she were asleep. But as Anu touched the girl?s mind, she knew beyond doubt that Thera was far from sleep. The mind Anu touched spread over thousands of kilometers. It was completely tuned to every aspect of life on this planet.

Anu mentally marked down the date. Her padawan?s achievement would merit a celebration when they returned to the Temple.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What a beautiful moment with this Master & Padawan team! =D= Lovely!

3. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    The sky was pearled with the haze of late summer. From tree to tree flitted bright winged avians, their raucous calls echoing off the far walls of the sheltered tropical valley. Higher up in the sky, the avian mammals soared back and forth after the smaller feathered creatures that provided nourishment for them.

Ohhhh... Beautiful descriptions! :)

The problem was relatively small, but J?entzis always called Jedi. They seemed to think only a Jedi could solve anything, and Thera soon grew tired of their ever present attention. All she really wanted was to explore the valley in the time when they were not monitoring the debates. But the J?entzis always had dinner gatherings planned, or tours, or who knew what else.

Aw man. That would be a pain. I feel for poor Thera. I like that name btw. ;)

Thera merely grinned before dashing out of the room the shared.

Aw wow! What a cool Master! :cool:

She felt the life of every insect; she tasted the seeds the smaller birds ate, and the flesh the predators feasted on. Her hair was the razor edged grass on the foothills of the farthest mountain, raked by a rushing wind. Her toes were the tiny islands poking timidly from the sea hundreds of kilometers away. The white Standing Stones in the desert where her teeth, and her nostrils were the tiny wells that dotted the dry wilderness.

I gotta hand it to you. Your so good at descriptions! =D=

Anu mentally marked down the date. Her padawan?s achievement would merit a celebration when they returned to the Temple.

Breath takingly beautiful! =D= =D= =D= I loved it. :)

-Commander Tharen-

4. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    VaderLVR64: Thanks!

MoeTharen: Thanks. To tell the truth, I stole the first sentence for Rudyard Kipling's poem, Roman Centurion's Song. And I stole the name from the SciFi TV series, "Stargate: SG-1". [face_blush] Isn't Anu a nice master? I'd want one like her.

5. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005

Aww! That's quite sweet:)

6. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    That was really a nice vignette.

It was really impressive how you made such a beautiful world come to life in such a short piece.

Bravo!!!

7. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    She merely watched, sinking into the Force until she was as much a part of the myriad life of the valley as it was. She felt the life of every insect; she tasted the seeds the smaller birds ate, and the flesh the predators feasted on. Her hair was the razor edged grass on the foothills of the farthest mountain, raked by a rushing wind. Her toes were the tiny islands poking timidly from the sea hundreds of kilometers away. The white Standing Stones in the desert where her teeth, and her nostrils were the tiny wells that dotted the dry wilderness.

Use of the Force or not, that was probably the most acurate account I've seen of someone melting into nature...

Short AND sweet Rogue_Pilot...

Very well done!=D= =D=

8. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    =D= Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

9. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    Alley_Skywalker: Thanks!

oqidaun: Also thanks.

correllian_ale Thanks. That was a fun paragraph to write.

Meridith_Kenobi: Thanks!

10. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005
    Your descriptions of nature are excellent, even from the very first paragraph! I had no trouble at all picturing the scenes as they unfolded, great job!

The young padawan?s idea of nature, prior to this moment, was four walls enclosing plants that were carefully tended by the gardeners in the Temple.

lol, I think Thera needs to get out more. It's good to see that she got a chance to get off Coruscant and experience true nature, and that she didn't take long to become perfectly in-tune with it. I've never really thought about it until reading your story, but I guess it would be heard growing up in the Jedi Temple, without any real lakes or forests or rivers around.

Thera's lucky to have such a empathetic Master. I don't blame her for not wanting to attend yet another formal ball.

Excellent story, Rogue Pilot! In a story so short, you managed to convey a lot of good emotions, feelings, and images. I can see why this is an event both Thera and Anu would remember.

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ohh, what a lovely viggie. I can so relate to be lost in nature. This really put a smile on my face. :D :D

12. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    Lord_Zeron: Thanks! Yeah. She does need to get out more, but - hey: she's a padawan. They don't have all that much time for sight seeing.

Healer_Leona: Thanks! I like getting lost in nature. It's quite relaxing.

13. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    That was beautiful writing there RP. I've always been a fan of your work, though I'm not always able to get to them.

A great achievement indeed.

Wonderful challenge entry.

14. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    Lola64: Thanks! I loved writing this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.