main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Completed! Updated 11th Feb 2002! Ani/Ami: The First Date. Canon (mostly) - Possible AotC Spoilers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by anakin_skywalker_sct, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Ani/Ami - The First Date

Canon - Possible Spoilers

Yes! She said yes. Anakin Skywalker could barely believe what had happened, even though he had considered it for a long time. He had even further trouble believing that he'd had the courage and sheer gall to actually request time alone with her. The long years of solitude in the Jedi Temple, cut off from society and the galaxy at large with only his master and the occasional passing Padawan to speak with, had taken a terrific toll on Anakin. He had changed much from the cheerful and bright-eyed boy who was taken from Tatooine to go on a grand adventure, and now was quiet and reserved, barely speaking any more than necessary. But one thing had not changed in his time within the Temple; his feelings for Padme had simply grown deeper.
    And so, he had finally been reunited with her, although not in the most joyful of circumstances. Pirates, terrorists, political activists or whoever else had gone to arms as the Republic appeared to be crumbling. The Supreme Chancellor, Palpatine, seemed the strongest leader in generations, and had valiantly attempted to reign in the splintering galaxy and restore order. However, his health was, by his appearance, clearly failing. Times seemed to grow even more desperate, and after the Trade Federation had been disbanded following the Naboo incident, both he and Padme, then Queen Amidala, had gained many dangerous enemies.
    It was one of those enemies who had thrust Padme back into Anakin's life, killing one of her servents in an attempt on the former Queen's life. Now she required protection, and the Jedi Council had dispatched Anakin to watch over her in her private, lakeside home on Naboo.
    Anakin lay inside that home now, wrapped in warm sheets on the bed of Padme's old bedroom, with Padme herself sharing with her sister. He rolled over on the bed, closed his eyes, and tried to calm his heavy breathing and thumping heart with mediation.

2. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Looking good so far ASsct! I'm very interested into seeing what your going to be doing with this. Please post more!

Am [face_love]

3. Jeanne_Skywalker

Jeanne_Skywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2001
    ASsct, this is looking good. I'm anxious to read more. :D

4. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Sorry about the delay. Darn Christmas shopping. Anyway, here's a heap more.

Yes! She said yes. Padme Amidala lay in bed, staring at the dark ceiling, confused. Thoughts whirrled around in her head, followed by memories of the day's events. She had not been much surprised by Anakin's humble and awkward request to spend a day alone with her; he had been almost too friendly to her since they had been reunited, and he kept looking at her in such a strange, yet flattering way. What did shock her, however, was the speed and enthusiasm with which she had agreed. The Padawan had not even finished describing the details of his plans when Padme had suddenly blurted her response. Yes.
    Padme was becoming slightly worried. Her breathing, when she finally remembered to breathe, became strangely rapid whenever she thought of what was to come in the morning. Not even when she had been rushing into her palace, which was flooded with lethal droids, had she been so concious of herself. And she had no idea why.
    She rolled over on the bed, closed her eyes, and determined that her questions would all be answered tomorrow. Tomorrow, when she and Anakin would travel to the far side of the lake, away from all the pressures of her home, away from her parents and the droids who wouldn't allow her to even stand on the porch alone... away from the danger of her enemies who may search her home for her. Suddenly, Padme considered that perhaps Anakin was simply trying to protect her by taking her away for the day. Maybe the Force had granted him some premanition of her being in danger, yet he hadn't told her to avoid worrying her. She smiled to herself at the Jedi's kindness, then opened her mouth in surprise. She realised that she was feeling disappointed.

Chapter One: Walk On

"Anakin?" a voice, clear and bright as the crystal that focused his lightsabre, shone through the Padawan's meditation. Anakin sighed within himself, clung to the voice, and let it slowly drag him from the Force.
    "Anakin?" it repeated, in not quite as soft a tone. "WAKE UP!"
    His eyes snapped open, and saw the deep, brown and perfect circles glaring back at them. He couldn't resist the urge to smile when he saw them.
    "I don't know what you are grinning at, sleepy-head," Padme muttered. "You slept in. I thought Jedi could control their sleeping better than anyone."
    "I wasn't sleeping," Anakin replied, tensely. "I was meditating. There's a difference."
    "Well it looks the same to me," Padme said, and smiled at him. "You don't seem to be in a very good mood this morning."
    "I'm not. Being pulled out of deep meditation like that gives me a headache," Anakin informed her, sitting up in his bed.
    "Oh, I'm sorry," Padme said, smirking. "Perhaps you would prefer to go back to sleep? We can forget about our day out if you have a headache."
    "No, I'll be fine!" Anakin cried, his eyes widening.
    Padme laughed to herself, and walked to the door. "Hurry, Padawan. You don't even have time for breakfast now."
    "But I'm hungry," Anakin murmered to himself.
    "You can eat on the way across the lake," she told him, sounding strangely like his mother. "Oh," she continued, turning back to him. "I like those pajamas."
    "But I'm not wearing a--" Anakin began, but Padme had left.

The sleek, green water-speeder sliced through the rippling lake, leaving a fan of misty spray and churning water in its wake. Anakin gently held onto the steering column and thrust lever, calmly adjusting the vehicle's heading and speed as it slammed and shuddered through the larger waves. Padme, meanwhile, had her hands clamped firmly onto the Padawan's shoulders, with her head buried in his back to avoid the rushing wind.
    "Do you have to go so fast?!" she yelled over the roaring of the engine. "I command you to slow down!"
    Anakin threw the lever further forward, causing the speeder to lurch then rush forward faster than ever. The whistling wind and the screaming engines seemed to merge into a high-pitched shriek, but Anakin soon realised that the noise was coming from Pad

5. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    UP! Anyone like it?

6. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
  7. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
  8. AnakinDobski

AnakinDobski Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I love it please post more.AD

9. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    [face_laugh] very funny

10. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I'm about half-way through Chapter 2 now, it should be up in a day or so! :) Hopefully you'll enjoy it too, Ani and Ami argue!

11. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    wow. this is really good. Those Ani/Ami fics get me every time. :) Please continue. I'm reading.

laters! :D

12. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Ok, I have good news and bad news...

Bad news first, of course. Unfortunately, my hard drive messed up on me. :( So I lost chapter 2, but I was only half-way through writing it. The rest of my stories and stuff were found on a friend's PC, including the rest of this story. Yay! I'm glad he's too lazy to delete stuff after reading it.

The Good news is, of course, I'm back!! Yay. And I've got a cool new CD to listen to which will hopefully inspire my stories. I always listen to music whilst writing, though I unfortunately lost all my mp3s too. Still, I'll have the second chapter up soon!

13. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001

Chapter 2: This Friendly World

?Padme!? Anakin called out as he struggled up a grassy slope, weighed down by their heavy basket. He shook his head as Padme began to jog further ahead of him. Anakin had a feeling that she was not going to be very co-operative today, especially after the incident with the speeder. Maybe he should have let her fall overboard, it might have kept her quiet? It would probably have made things worse though.

Padme smiled to herself, ignoring Anakin?s commands. It might be childish, perhaps even a little dangerous to keep such a distance from him, but there were no trees for as far as the eye could see. No buildings, either. Just the long, wide plains and mild slopes of Naboo, covered in lush and bright grasses and flowers.

Anakin sighed, and continued onwards, cursing himself for being so chivalrous and volunteering to carry the basket himself. He wondered how Padme could be so thin and beautiful if she ate this much all the time. Then he wondered why the word ?beautiful? had been entering his mind a lot recently?

?We?ll set up lunch here!? Padme shouted from a patch of grass, which Anakin was sure she had picked just to be awkward. It was rather far away from the shore, and Anakin would have quite a distance to walk back afterwards? But at least it seemed safe from any ambushes. Padme, on the other hand, had chosen the site because there were very few flowers amongst the grass, which meant fewer insects would bother them. She delicately sat herself on the grass, watched Anakin shuffle towards her for a while, and felt the inviting warmth of the sun on the skin of her face and hands. Soon she decided to lie flat on her back, letting brightness and warmth shine down on her. Eventually, she fell asleep.

?What have you got in this thing?? Anakin said as he dropped the heavy, metal food-basket down on the grass. He looked at Padme, who wasn?t moving much. ?Now what?s wrong?? Anakin asked, exasperated. He knelt at her side, watching, and eventually the regularity of her breathing told Anakin that Padme was asleep. He grinned.

Plates clattered, glasses chimed and boxes slumped heavily onto the spongy grass. Padme screwed her eyes shut, irritated by the noises as they threw her out of a dream. Then she threw them open in surprise, as she vaguely remembered who had been the main part of that dream. She pushed herself up on her elbows and watched Anakin as he attempted to set up their picnic.

?Aren?t you forgetting something?? she said, smiling.

Anakin threw her a glance then returned his eyes to his work. He also seemed to be biting his lip, for some reason?

?Probably,? he answered.

?Where?s the blanket??

?What blanket??

?The blanket for sitting the plates on, Anakin,? Padme explained with more patience than usual.

?I don?t think we have one?? Anakin continued, the lip biting more evident than ever. It seemed as though he was trying to stop himself from laughing.

?It was certainly in the speeder, I remember putting it over the basket.?

?Oh, that thing? uh? I thought it was just to keep the lid on, so I left it.?

?Anakin!? Padme growled in frustration. ?We can?t put these plates on the grass, it?s? unhygenic!?

?Fine,? Anakin said, rolling his eyes. He pulled off his thick, brown robe and gently laid it out in front of Padme. ?I was going to take this off anyway, it?s a little hot to be dressed like this.?

?How could this be hot for you when you come from such a warm planet?? Padme said quietly, trying not to smile as Anakin tried to balance some plates on his arms whilst placing them on their new picnic-robe.

?Because I?ve lived on Coruscant for longer, and they don?t have a very high temperature in the temple.?

?Why not?? Padme asked, sounding interested.

?Well there?s a lot of different species in there,? Anakin explained. ?And they all prefer different temperatures.?

?So why is it kept low??

?I was getting to that,? Anakin said, scowling at Padme?s interruption. The girl simply giggled to herself, allowing him to continue. ?

14. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
  15. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    UP!

No-one like it? :(

16. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    and up... *sniff*

17. Chocos_Ramabotti

Chocos_Ramabotti Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2001
    L [face_laugh]L Mike, of course I like it :D your writing is always so...funny :D lighthearted ;) and romantic anyways [face_love] MORE :D

18. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Aha, I found a way to gain readers, mind trick people on Yahoo Messenger [face_devil]

Thanks for the post, Chocos, glad you enjoyed it. More coming soon, hopefully tomorrow or early Monday.

19. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
  20. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001

Chapter 3: Beautiful Day

?Well, your mother is a wonderful cook,? Anakin declared, pushing aside a half-empty plateful of Nubian cuisine. He looked up at Padme, and finished licking his fingers. ?Almost as good as mine.?

?Only almost?? Padme asked, raising eyebrows in a suspicious gesture.

?Well there aren?t many beings in the galaxy who wouldn?t prefer the same meal if it was cooked by their own mother,? Anakin pointed out. His tone had began confidently, but there was a strange twinkle in Padme?s eyes as she continued to glare at him which made him a lot less sure of himself.

?What if I were to tell you that my mother wasn?t the one who cooked our picnic?? Padme asked.

?It wasn?t?? Anakin asked, hesitantly.

?No,? Padme answered, grinning. ?There?s no need to lie about how it tasted, Anakin. It?s not as if you need to score any more points with my parents.?

?Oh, good,? Anakin said, sagging with relief and wondering why he had been so worried about Padme?s sudden caginess. Although that comment about her parents did seem strange to him?

?So, what did you really think of the food?? Padme pressed on.

?It was? edible,? Anakin answered, charitably. He then picked up a glass of a turquoise liquid and prepared to gulp some down. ?This milk, on the other hand, is very good.?

Padme watched him lift the glass and suck the liquid into his mouth before replying. ?I made up our picnic,? she said, casually.

Anakin?s eyes grew wide, and he began spluttering as he choked down the milk. ?W-what?? he said, breathlessly.

?Except the milk, of course, my father makes that?? Padme continued, apparently unaware of Anakin?s near-death experience. ?I worked very hard on it last night and this morning, too.?

?Well,? Anakin said, his speech broken with intermittent coughing fits. ?I?m sure anyone originally from Naboo would have loved it??

?All those years spent in special, expensive schools to teach me grace and lady-like mannerisms and I am simply unable to even make a basic meal?? Padme said, sighing sadly.

Anakin looked at her, and felt a horrible lurching sensation deep in his gut. Seeing Padme hurt or upset was just as painful for him. ?I?m sorry, Padme, I didn?t mean it,? he began, being extremely economical with the truth. ?I really did like the food, you did a great job.?

?You didn?t eat much of it,? she countered, quietly.

?Well I?m not very hungry??

?You had no breakfast and only a small stick of food on the way here, how could you not be hungry, Anakin??

?All right, I?m hungry, but I don?t want to have a full stomach in case I have to chase away anyone who tries to hurt you out here,? he answered, thinking very quickly.

?Promise?? Padme asked, gazing across the remains of the picnic at him. Something about her sweet face drove an icicle into Anakin?s back. Maybe it was the fact that he suddenly realised that he had just thought that her face was in fact much more than sweet.

?I? um?? he stammered, unable to bring himself to completing the untruth.

Suddenly the brown eyes lit up, and Padme?s sad demeanour cracked.

?You?!? Anakin said, and it was his turn to glare at her.

The sadness shattered completely, and uncontrolled laughter shone through as Padme finally let Anakin in on the joke. The former Queen was amused, and even Anakin chuckled at himself.

?You? evil, little? cruel? politician!? Anakin yelled through his own laughter.

?Politician?? Padme asked when she had finally managed to regain her breath and most of her composure. ?I?m not the one who just lied my head off just to make things less difficult.?

?But?? Anakin began, and then gave up.

?Even I don?t like my own cooking, I?m surprised you ate as much as you did,? Padme reassured the boy. ?Actually, I think you deserve to be rewarded??

?You think so?? Anakin asked, unable to suppress a grin. Suddenly that grin vanished when he saw Padme lifting his plate with one hand, and with a very devious smirk creeping across her angelic face. ?Oh... no way??

?Oh yes,? Padme said, nodding and pick

21. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    UP! What did everybody thing? I know you're lurking, give feedback or I'll bite! :p

22. AnakinDobski

AnakinDobski Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Excellent,i want more.AD

23. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    UP Again. Glad you liked it, AD. Excellent, eh? :D Anyways, I'm almost done the next Chapter, should be up tonight or tomorrow. Have a nice day.

24. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Looking forward to it! :)

25. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    And here it is, at last! Feedback!!

Chapter 4: Electrolite

Padme grimaced as she splashed cold water on her face, trying to wipe it clean with her hands. After a few attempts, she turned to Anakin and, with drips rolling from her chin, demanded curtly, ?Clean??

?Yep,? Anakin answered brightly. He then frowned as Padme turned away and leant over the edge of the lake again, washing her face again. ?You don?t believe me?? he asked, pretending to sound hurt.

?No,? she growled, turning her head back to Anakin and giving him a vicious look. She then pulled the rest of her body around, and knelt across the grass from him, the lake lapping quietly against the shore behind her back. ?Now, find me something to dry my face with.?

?It?s almost dry already, Padme, it?s so warm. Is this your planet?s summer??

?Well, it is late spring,? she answered. ?But you?re right, it?s very warm today?? She trailed off and glanced around, tugging at her dress absent-mindedly to allow some air through it.

?What?s wrong?? Anakin asked, throwing his own wary looks around. ?Did you see someone??

?No, it?s not that,? Padme replied, scratching at her arms and keeping her eyes away from Anakin. ?Its nothing, really.?

?Are you sure??? Anakin asked, hesitantly.

?Well it?s a little too warm?? Padme answered quietly, and began nibbling on her own lip.

?Do you want to go back?? Anakin said, trying not to sound disappointed.

?No, we have plenty of time before we?re supposed to be back,? Padme replied. ?I told my parents not to expect us until nightfall.?

?Oh? but that?s hours away!?

Padme rolled her eyes, and lifted her head to face to focus on Anakin?s. ?Would you? mind if I take this off? It?s far too heavy for this sort of weather??

?Uh?? Anakin breathed, taken aback. He blinked, tried to hide a large gulp, and then answered, ?S-sure. Want me to go sit in the speeder??

?No, it?s fine,? Padme reassured him as she hauled the thick, flowery dress over her head. ?I thought it might be warm today, so I put on this swimming costume underneath it, just in case. My father hates it though? What do you think of it??

?It?s? pink!? Anakin blurted.

?Yes,? Padme replied, sighing. ?Well observed, Padawan.?

?It?s, well, nice, I guess.?

?So why would he hate it?? Padme asked.

?I?m? uh? sure he has some reason or other,? Anakin stuttered out an answer.

Padme frowned at the uncertainty in Anakin?s voice as she lay out her dress on the grass and squatted on it. She turned to look at him, and felt a smile creeping up from the corner of her mouth. Anakin?s face was bright red. ?You look a little warm yourself, Ani,? she said.

?Nah, I?m all right,? Anakin said, keeping his gaze fixed on the peacefully rippling lake.

?Are you sure??

?I?m perfectly fine,? Anakin replied tensely, his face flushing further.

?No, you?re not,? Padme responded, relishing the argument and smirking to herself at how easy it was to bother the Jedi. ?You look all r---?

?I?m fine!? Anakin cut in, growling.

Padme gasped. ?How dare you interrupt a senator!? she scolded him, her amused grin widening. ?Do you have any idea what the penalty is on Naboo for interrupting a political figure??

?Death by nagging??

?No?? Padme said, scowling momentarily until the mischievous grin returned. ?We toss them in the lake!?

?You made that up, didn?t you?? Anakin demanded, cautiously sliding himself back from the edge of the water.

?Accusing a senator of lying could see you locked in Theed?s sewers.? Padme informed him between several small giggles.

?What about running from the scene of a senator?? Anakin asked, jumping to his feet. He dashed away from Padme, up the short slope that led down to the lake. She tried to grab his boot, and managed to catch his ankle as he began his run, but her grip wasn?t strong enough to bring Anakin down. Instead, Padme was pulled over and dragged along the ground on her front until letting go.

?Capital punishment!? Padme screamed, wiping grass from her cheeks and mouth. She pushed herself upr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.