main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Completed! Updated 11th Feb 2002! Ani/Ami: The First Date. Canon (mostly) - Possible AotC Spoilers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by anakin_skywalker_sct, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Lol. That was really great. Great to see them so happy together. :)

2. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    Yay. Glad you enjoyed it. And there will be more mushy happiness coming soon! UP! Anyone else like it?

3. vogt0047

vogt0047 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2001
    Funny story anakin!

More soon?!

4. Jeanne_Skywalker

Jeanne_Skywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2001
    This is great! I love the way Anakin got so embarassed! Can't wait to read more!
    :D :D

5. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Another post, at last. Sorry about the delay. Darn homework... ahem. Hope you enjoy it, though it's a little short.

Chapter 5: I Am Superman

Padme collapsed on the spongy grass, panting heavily. She raised her head and saw the small silhouette in the distance pause and turn back to her. She sighed, pushed herself back up with her hands, and waited.

?Do you give up yet?? Anakin called to her. Padme could tell by the height and pacing of his voice that he was finding this greatly amusing, and wasn?t at all tired or breathless.

?You are cheating!? she yelled back, grimacing in frustration.

?Accusing a Jedi of cheating could see you in big trouble,? Anakin shouted back to her, his tone mocking her own voice.

?I thought Jedi were supposed to be wise and stern,? Padme muttered to herself through false teeth. ?Get back here, now!?

?You can?t order me around,? Anakin called out. ?Why should I do what you tell me??

Padme could have pointed out that Obi-Wan had left her in charge of his student, or that the Jedi Council would be very unhappy about his disobedience, but instead she, for some reason, felt like giving him a greater reason. ?If you behave,? she began, a smile appearing at the corner of her mouth. ?You will be rewarded.?

?Rewarded?? Anakin asked, cautiously taking a step forward. ?How??

?Well,? Padme said, grinning. ?That?s for me to know and you to find out. So get over here!?

?Come on!? Anakin whined loudly. ?You could at least give me a hint.?

Padme remained silent for a few moments then finally gave in to the pathetically cute expression on Anakin?s face. She touched two of her fingers to her lips, and blew a kiss towards him. Then she shook her head, rolled her eyes and tried to contain her laughter as Anakin enthusiastically burst into a sprint towards her.

6. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    UP! No-one liked it? Darnit, my confidence is like an escaped convict... laying low.

7. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    UP! No more story till all you millions of lurking readers post how you truly feel. :p

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I've delurked myself for you. Great posts Anakin! :D

9. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Chapter 6: Time to Play The Game

Anakin slid to halt in front of Padme, who was still grinning with amusement. He winked at her, a smile forming on his own lips, and waited. Padme?s grin slid into a devilish smirk, as she leant forward to kiss him. Anakin could feel her warm breathing against his face as she held her lips as close as she could to his without touching them. Then the breathing moved, slipping along his cheek and into his ear. His skin tingled as Padme whispered. ?If you want it, come and claim it.?

Anakin?s eyes snapped open, and he frowned furiously as Padme drew back from him and launched into a run. Anakin sighed in frustration and shook his head. ?No reward is worth this,? he muttered to himself, exasperated. He watched her racing away, bounding across the open grass like child, and smiled. Padme glanced over her shoulder to check on his progress, and then stopped when she saw he hadn?t moved. She turned to face him and thrust her hands on her hips, glaring at him with exaggerated impatience.

Anakin laughed slightly at the sight of her, but not before swallowing very hard. He also sensed that, despite her constant amusement with him, she seemed disappointed at this moment, though he wasn?t sure why. Curious, he took a pace forward, causing Padme to take a small step back. He advanced again, then broke into a run, causing Padme to squeal and sprint.

She didn?t get far, however, as Anakin?s Jedi training, along with some assistance from the Force and his long legs, helped him catch her swiftly. Padme tried to pull away from him when he gripped her hand, but Anakin held on determinedly and the two ended up tumbling onto the grass.

?Ow,? Padme said, and laughed.

?Great, more grass stains for my robe,? Anakin mumbled.

?Are you suggesting this was my fault?? Padme demanded, placing her hands on his shoulders and pushing herself up, meanwhile pinning Anakin to the ground.

?Well you knew I would be able to catch you,? Anakin pointed out. ?I am a Jedi.?

?Yes, I knew that,? Padme said, her eyes boring down into Anakin?s and a shy smile creeping across her lips. ?What I didn?t know was whether a Jedi would consider me worth catching.?

?Well now that I think about it?? Anakin began, then chuckled.

?Well thank you very much, Anakin Skywalker,? Padme replied, incredulously.

?Do I get my reward now?? Anakin asked, grinning.

?If it will keep you quiet,? Padme said. Her arms seemed to give out, unable to support her any longer as she held herself above him, dropping her light frame hard onto him. Anakin opened his mouth to gasp, but Padme used her now free hands to slam his mouth closed and pull his head into hers, pressing their lips gently but firmly together.

After what seemed to Anakin to be at once an eternity and no-where near long enough, Padme slipped her lips away and rested her head on his shoulder. Anakin sighed happily, leaning his own head against the grass, and draped an arm over Padme?s body.

?Happy now?? Padme whispered, the tension and mock-anger completely absent from her quiet voice.

?Absolutely,? Anakin replied, dreamily.

?Good,? Padme responded, and nestled her head deeper into his chest. She then spoke even more quietly, so that Anakin could barely hear her. ?I only hope if we have ever have children, they don?t whine as much as their father.?

Anakin didn?t respond for a moment, as the words didn?t entirely register with his mind. Once they sunk in, however, he almost choked. ?Children?!? he gasped.

10. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
  11. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Just read the whole thing in one sitting, anakin_skywalker_sct. It's great! :)

Keep writing!

12. Lil_Jedi

Lil_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    Nice job :) I also just read this story in one sitting. hehe. I like the anakin/padme interaction, very nice [face_love]

13. Jeanne_Skywalker

Nov 15, 2001
    I love it Anakin! Please post more sooooon! Ani and Padme are so cute. Can't wait to see the rest of Anakin's reaction to "children?!?"

UP!

14. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001

Chapter 7: The Sweetest Thing

?Is something wrong?? Padme asked patiently, as Anakin stared ahead in shock. His mouth was open as widely as his eyes were.

?Uh?? he breathed, having now lost the ability to speak. Padme grinned.

?Well, I can see how difficult it would be for you, being in training to be a Jedi. I don?t see that you would have any time for children??

?Nnnnn?.? Anakin continually made odd noises as he tried to regain control.

?No matter, I?ll no doubt be forced into some political marriage simply to make trade routes more profitable for someone,? Padme said with a sigh.

?I certainly hope not?? Anakin said quitely.

?Ah, you are with us after all,? Padme replied, laughing.

?You?re not? really going to? um? marry someone for politics? are you?? Anakin asked, speaking awkwardly and flushing slightly.

?Certainly not,? Padme said defiantly. ?That is why I retired from being Queen. As I became older, my life became even less my own. I never really liked the diplomats and ambassadors I was introduced to, and even though I could never say it without losing my position, I wouldn?t want to marry an alien. I?d feel too awkward??

?So you prefer? our species??

?Yes?? Padme replied, hesitantly. She started to nibble on her own lip, then stopped herself, but her eyes fluttered around nervously.

?What?? Anakin asked, sensing there was something more to her answer than she had given.

?Well?? Padme went on, and fixed her eyes on the grass. ?It is the dream of many girls to marry a? Jedi.? She looked up and smiled shyly at Anakin.

Anakin returned her smile with a broad grin. ?I see. What a coincidence, I happen to know a Jedi who would very much like to marry you.?

Padme?s own smile widened greatly. ?And whom would this be, prey?? she asked, her voice high with amusement.

?No, not prey.? Anakin answered, chuckling at the furious look that flickered quickly across Padme?s face. When she was smiling and watching patiently again, he took a deep breath, which seemed to increase the smile and heighten Padme?s enjoyment.

?Say it?? she whispered.

?? Obi-Wan,? Anakin answered, completely seriously. Padme waited for a moment for a sly smile to appear, or a laugh. When none came, she let out her initial reaction.

?WHAT?!?

?? You don?t like him?? Anakin asked, surprised.

?No!? Padme screeched, sounding as if she had been hit in the chest by a vibro-blade. ?Well, of course, but? not like that. Not for marrying??

?Oh? So what Jedi do you want to marry?? Anakin asked, sounding for all the galaxy as though he was completely bewildered.

Padme bit down heavily on her lip, and lowered her head away from his face again, refusing to answer.

?Come on, Padme,? Anakin encouraged, allowing a smirk to creep across his face whilst her eyes were averted. ?Say it??

Padme?s head whirled back to face him, her eyes shining with leaked tears and with anger. ?What?? she demanded, furiously.

?Erm?? Anakin began, squirming slightly. Padme gripped his robe, and her glare softened slightly.

?That was not nice, Anakin Skywalker,? she scolded him.

?Well you?ve been trying to get me to admit I love you all d? aw, sith, I said it!!?

Padme grinned warmly, and wrapper her arms around Anakin?s thick robe. ?Got you,? she whispered.

?And you can keep me for eternity.?

How's that?

15. Jeanne_Skywalker

Nov 15, 2001
    AWESOME!!!!! More soon please! :D Go Padme, get him to admit it! That was sooo cute!
    [face_love] [face_love] :D

16. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Yay. Glad you liked it, Jeanne! :) More soon, probably not tomorrow though, as I unfortunately have to go shopping. :( Sorry. I'll try though!

More feeback, please! I'm hungry. ;)

17. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    More! Two whole chapter!!

Chapter 8: In the Name of Love

?It?s getting late,? Padme said, glancing up at the deepening colours of the sky. She frowned in confusion, and rested her head wearily on Anakin?s shoulder. ?How did the time go so fast?? she whispered.

?Well, time always goes quickly when you?re having fun? which is probably why Obi-Wan thinks he?s sixty-five already,? Anakin replied, and chuckled. ?But, actually? you fell alseep.?

?Again?? Padme gasped.

?Yes. Didn?t you get any sleep last night?? Anakin asked, casually.

?I? no, not really,? Padme admitted. She put a hand on his chest and pushed herself up into a sitting position, and smiled at him. Something about that smirk was disconcerting?

?Why not?? Anakin asked, not sounding very interested.

?Well? I had food to prepare? and... I just wasn?t tired,? Padme answered defiantly. She turned away from him, and kneeled in front of the lake, staring into it as she tried to regain some control over her ruffled hair. ?Why is it that every time I fall asleep my hair ends up in a mess?? she muttered darkly to the water.

?It?s a mystery of life,? Anakin replied, silently getting to his feet and moving closer. ?But, tell me? why couldn?t you fall asleep last night??

?There was no reason for you to be concerned about.?

?So there wasn?t anything? on your mind?? Anakin asked, slyly. He put his hands on her shoulders, causing Padme to jerk slightly in surprise.

?Ah!? she blurted, then smiled as his reflection appeared on the water just behind hers. ?No, nothing.?

?You weren?t? nervous??

?Not in the slightest. I know how to have a picnic, Anakin.?

?How many have you had with people you consider? special?? Anakin asked, grinning.

?Ah,? Padme began. ?This is where you?re going, is it? I can assure you, Anakin, my insomnia had nothing to do with being nervous abou--?

?What?s in Somalia??

?Insomnia, Anakin. That?s what they call it when you can?t sleep. Now, don?t interrupt me again, or I?ll have you in this lake.?

Anakin leant in close to Padme?s ear and whispered. Padme?s mouth opened in shock, and she flushed a bright pink at Anakin?s rephrasing of her threat. She cleared her throat, which had become very tight for some reason, and tried to respond calmly. ?As I was saying, before I was rather rudely and vulgarly interrupted,?

Anakin laughed.

?My Insomnia had nothing to do with being nervous about our date,? Padme finished finally. Anakin?s grin seemed to broaden.

?So this is a date?? he asked, smoothly.

?What else would you call it?? Padme replied, only slightly hesitant.

?Well you told your parents it was a ?friendly and innocent picnic?,? Anakin said, looking pointedly at her. ?And so far it has been,?

Padme cleared her throat again. ?Yes, well, my parents do worry a lot??

?Is her senatorialship getting embarrassed?? Anakin asked in an irritating, sing-song voice.

?No, one is not,? Padme responded in a cool monotone which reminded Anakin of her days as Queen.

?Then why didn?t you tell your parents how you felt? Afraid I wouldn?t return the feelings??

Padme snorted. ?Anakin,? she said sweetly. ?Even my youngest sister could tell how you felt within two minutes of you entering our house. If anything, I was trying to protect you from getting hurt.?

?Oh,? Anakin replied, taken aback. He looked dumbfounded for a moment, then smiled with his overflowing confidence again. ?As if anyone would reject a handsome Padawan like myself. You alread knew you liked me, so why did you to try to protect me from getting hurt??

?I wasn?t trying to protect you from being hurt by me,? Padme said, turning her eyes away from him and trying to act as casual as she could.

?Then who were you protecting me from?? Anakin asked, a strange feeling tugging at his stomach.

Padme looked back down to his reflection, and spoke very clearly to it. ?My father.?

Chapter 9: Jesters of the Moon

Anakin almost fell in the lake. He caught himself on Padme?s shoulders, and go

18. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
  19. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh I returned just in time to catch all your wonderful updates. Great job in writing this. You capture Anakin and Padme perfectly. :)

20. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Why thank you, Sara. *bows* Glad you liked it. :)

21. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Chapter 10: Final Fantasy

One of Naboo?s moons shone down brightly over the lake, illuminating its own reflection with a bright, yet somehow grey, glow. Padme watched that reflection, rippling on the water ahead of them. Despite there speed, they could never seem to catch it.

?Did you have a nice time, Ani?? Padme asked loudly over the roar of the rushing wind and the vibrating engine.

?Yep,? he answered, simply.

?Can you think of anything that was missing from our day??

?The majority of your clothes,? Anakin said, keeping his eyes on the controls.

Padme chuckled slightly, then put her hand on the back of Anakin?s neck. ?Other than that?? she asked, delicately sliding her fingers along his ears and through the hair at the back of his head.

?Er?? Anakin began, searching his mind for an answer that wouldn?t make Padme blush and cause her father to disembowel him. He decided to continue to attempt to use his sense of humour. ?Rain??

?No?? Padme said, gently. She let go of a silver handrail which she had been clinging to since the journey began, and used the free hand to catch Anakin?s padawan braid as it shook about in the wind. She twirled it around her finger.

?Um?? Anakin tried to answer again, but found himself to be rather distracted. ?Well you? you never actually swam even though you had on a bathing suit??

Padme smiled to herself, and yanked hard on the braid. ?Guess again,? she said, sweetly.

?Ahhh?? Anakin groaned in pain, as his head was snapped backwards and his hair pulled taut. He was facing straight upwards now, and could see the stars, moons and planets twinkling through the twilight. Unfortunately, he couldn?t see where the speeder was going. ?Padme, let go! We?ll crash!?

Padme smirked, and pulled on his braid even harder, whilst Anakin winced and gasped in pain. ?Don?t worry, there?s a few seconds left before we hit that rather large boat.?

?What?!? Anakin cried, too panicked to notice the broad grin on Padme?s face.

?Oh, we just missed it. I don?t think we?ll get around those other two speeders, though? and even if we do, it?ll only be a few more seconds until we hit the shore? and those trees? and then the very thick wall.?

?Padme!? Anakin called out, petrified. ?Turn off the engine!?

?How do I do that?? Padme replied, sounding as sweet as ever.

?AGGGH!!? Anakin cried in frustration.

Padme used her other hand to begin tickling inside one of Anakin?s ears furiously.

?H-help!? he gasped through uncontrollable giggling.

Padme made a disgruntled tutting sound. ?A Jedi, giggling like a girl? Your master would be most displeased.?

?He?ll be even more displeased it you crash us into anything!? Anakin retorted.

Padme laughed herself this time. ?Ani, don?t worry. There?s nothing else on the water, and we have plenty of time before we get near the shore.?

?Are you sure?? Anakin asked, something in his mind whispering to him to not be entirely convinced.

?Oh course I am,? Padme said, slightly impatiently. She finally forced herself to unlock her eyes from his, and looked forward. The eyes grew wider. ?Oh sith.?

Anakin?s reply was bounced out of him as the base of the speeder thumped hard against something, and then a horrible scraping sound filled his ears. He felt the rounded base of it begin to roll over, heard Padme shriek, then his everything became muffled as his ears were flooded with water. Anakin threw his head through the surface of the water again, and gasped in a deep breath. He saw Padme standing next to him in the dark water, her bright yellow, flower-patterned dress floating in the waves around her and sticking out like a beacon. Her face was quite bright too, though it was red. ?Good job,? he said brightly to her.

Padme opened and closed her mouth soundlessly.

Anakin glanced around, waiting for her shock and embarrassment to wear off. He saw the speeder, lying on its side with a nasty scrape along the now topper-most side, twinkling in the waning light. Behind it was the wooden docks where t

22. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    UP! Feed back please. :D

23. Jeanne_Skywalker

Nov 15, 2001
    I love it!!!! Any chance for a sequel!?

24. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    YAY! Glad you enjoyed it. And yes, there may be a sequel... I'm not really sure what I'll write next, though. UP! More feedback needed!

25. Lil_Jedi

Lil_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    ooooh!! I LOVED IT! [face_love] yeah... is there a possible for a sequel?!?! Cause it'd be cool if there was *hint, hint*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.