Question completely new

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Ares The Pit, Oct 31, 2013.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. Ares The Pit Jedi Padawan

hi i am very new to the star wars series and was wonderinh what order the pc games come in from timely order and than a list of good books and series of the starwars side stories
  2. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    Start off with Knights of the Old Republic for video games. That should keep you busy for awhile. For books I'd start with the Darth Bane trilogy, and then continue on to Darth Plagueis.
  3. Ares The Pit Jedi Padawan

great thanks for the help ,im gomma start that now
    Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, and don't read anything after Return of the Jedi. That stuff is going to be steamrolled by the new trilogy from Disney.
  5. Ares The Pit Jedi Padawan

o ok so the books would be different from the movie?
  6. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Welcome aboard! I would start with the Glove of Darth Vader series because then you will have no desire to read anything else. :)
  7. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome to the boards, @Ares The Pit! :)
    And welcome to the SW universe as well! :)

Your question is reasonable, since the SW universe grew bigger and bigger since it was created and so it's hard to suggest where you should be beginn. There are many answers like 'start with the first book ever written about the SW universe' or 'start with book xxx' or 'start with the bad books first, so you don't skip them later after reading the good ones' or 'start with the good ones and skip the bad ones' (but who can tell you which book you'll like and which not?) or 'start with a lexicon' or 'start with behind the scene books' and so on. The same about games. It all depends on what you enjoy. There are good old games, but the grafic is not what expect nowadays. Then there are new games with brilliant grafic, but they are online games or RPG. Not good, if you prefer shooter, but perfect if you love e.g. RPG. You see the problem? But I don't want you stay 'lost' and there's help. It just needs a bit reading and you need to figure out, what you are looking for exactly.

Visit the Literature section of this forum. There you'll find a lot of interesting threads and discussions about various books - and you'll find the 'where to start and what to read' thread. Sadly it got truncated due to the big move we had this year. So, if you need more than what you'll find, don't hesitate to ask one of the mods of that board. They will help you or lead to a good place.

For games, you should take a look at Games. Lots of discussions about various SW games there. Again, if you think about starting a 'with which game shall I start', ask one of the mods first. The chances are high that such a thread exists already and that would mean that your newly created thread gets locked very fast. In addition, there's a whole board for The Old Republic. Worth to check it out as well.

So, now I've given you some links and tons to read. I hope it helps you, but if you still have questions, don't hestiate to ask, ok? :)

Have fun, don't forget to join those discussion after or while reading your books and playing your games as well as enjoy getting deeper into the SW universe! :)
  8. imperator 277 Jedi Youngling

I don't know what order many of the books go in, but I can recommend some really good Star Wars books: The essential guide to warfare. Jedi vs. Sith: essential guide to the force. The Essential Atlas. Those are some really good books to help better understand the SW universe. Hope you enjoy them!
  9. Ares The Pit Jedi Padawan

great thanks , ive written down alot of options and as soon as i finish kotor and kotor2 im going to dive into as many books as im.able
Moderators: Skiara