main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Complications(NJO J/J and others) Linked Posts

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lt_Jaina_Solo, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    sure. be right back... with another post!!!! ;)

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    ?Hey, nice flying, Colonel,? Wedge said, as he, the Rogues, the Wraiths, and Jag got out of the sim that they had been flying for the last hour.

?Thank you, General. You, too,? Jag replied as he ran a hand through his sweaty hair, causing it to spike up a bit. ?I?m going to go to sleep now, sir. We do have a meeting at 0900 tomorrow.?

?Good-night, Jag.?

?Good-night, sir.?

Wedge watched him leave, knowing that his nephew was worried about Jaina Solo, and about the fact that she would be put down as dead if Wedge didn?t get a message from her or someone from the Shelter telling him that she was alright with in the next two hours.
    ~*~*~*~

Jag dried his hair as he stepped out of the shower. He had hoped that the shower would help him with some problems, but it hadn?t with the one he had hoped it would the most.

He sat down on his bed and lay back, resting his head on his hands, and stared at the gray ceiling.

Jag kind of knew what was the matter with him. The problem was Jaina Solo. Well, Jaina Solo wasn?t really the problem, she was only part of the problem, he realized. So what the hell was wrong with him? Ever since Jaina Solo had left, his life had lost a little something. She always had some joke to crack when she saw him, in effort to try and lessen his grimness. She was smart and had a hot temper. Even their arguments, even though there had been fewer before she had left, had been interesting, often giving him a glimpse of who she was, in her heart. He missed simming with her. He missed the way her face would light up whenever she smiled or laughed. He missed her sense of humor. He missed just about everything about her.

There had not been word from her in over a week, and his uncle was starting to get worried. She had promised to send word to him with in a week or as soon as she reached the Shelter. Pretty soon, Jag knew, they were going to have to put her down as killed in action, along with the thousands of other civilians and military people who had died in this war.

Alone with his thoughts, Jag dozed off until he was woken up by knocking on his door. ?Come in,? he called out.

?The door opened and his uncle stepped inside. ?I?m sorry, Jag. I just put her on the KIA list. I wanted to be the one to tell you,? his uncle said, his voice sounding weary.

?Thank you, sir, for telling me.?

?Jag, would you mind if I asked you a personal question??

?Go ahead,? Jag replied, after sitting up and resting his head in his hands and his elbows on his knees.

?What exactly are your feelings for Jaina Solo?? Wedge asked gently.

Jag?s head snapped up and he glared at his uncle. ?What do you mean?? he demanded.

?Look, kid, I wouldn?t have brought it up myself, but you?ve been moping around ever since she left and I want to know why.?

?I can?t tell you that.?

?Why not??

?I don?t know why. I don?t understand the first thing about her, I?m not really that close to her, but?for some reason... I really miss her.? Jag said, looking contemplative.

?How??

?How what??

?How do you miss her??

?I?m worried that I?ll never see her again, or that she could get hurt. I care about her alot. I don't want to see her hurt."

?Jag, I?m not sure, but I think I know what is bothering you.?

?What??

?What what??

?What?s bothering me??

?That, Colonel Fel, is something that you?ll have to figure out for yourself. Good-night, Jag. Go to sleep- don?t forget, there?s a meeting at 0900 tomorrow.?

?Yes, Uncle Wedge. Good-night, sir.? Jag flopped down on his bed as soon as the door shut and his uncle?s footsteps receded down the hall. He sighed. Back to square one, he thought.
    ~*~*~*~

Next post

tell me what you think!!!! come on, reviews make me write faster... (hint hint hint) ;)

3. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    does anyone care that i have another post or what? i'm beginning to feel a bit insulted that no one's read my new post....

4. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    I read it :) Awww. Wedge figured out that Jag's in love :D

5. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Good job, Lt :) Can I offer a slight suggestion though?

6. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    JPS- yep. thank you. someone read my new post!! thank you. thank you. thank you. thank you. thank you. thank you. thank you. i was beginning to think that my fic had been abadoned!

Jade- go ahead with your suggestion..suggestions are always welcome, because they help me make my fic better.

7. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm still here, don't worry! Great job, post more soon!

8. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    ok, new post up this afternooon!

9. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    i'm just randomly upping my fic. the new chapter should be up before 5:30 tonight (my time) i'm not sure what time it will be on the Forums, but oh well.

anyway, Jade, your suggestion was....?

10. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Sorry for not responding sooner.. Put a few spaces in between some of your paragraphs. It might make it a little easier on some people's eyes. (It's not extremely important, but it does help some)

11. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    ok. i type it all up on Microsoft Word, then copy and paste it to here, and alot of things get lost in the transition, like tabs, and spaces, etc. thanks for letting me know though. i'll do my best to fix it, but it does mean that posts will be a little longer getting up....

12. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    I type in MS Word too and copy/paste, mine keeps the spaces in between the paragraphs.. What you see on my posts is how it is in Word except for the tabs and markups for italics..

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    i'm really sorry you guys. my computer got all screwed up and i couldn't finish my post. :_| it should be up soon, though!

14. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Ooh I'm so glad I found this story! It's so awesome! :D Jaina and Jag forever! One suggestion, if you add spaces between each one of your paragraphs it would make your story easier for reading. For some reason, the tab indent doesn't work well on the JC, but spaces between the paragraphs are ok. Once again, great story and I can't wait for more!

*StarDust*

15. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    yay! a new reader! welcome to my story Jedi_Stardust!

does anyone know what the name of the species was that made the clone army in Aotc? and what the name of the planet that they were on and the system that the planet was in was? and what type of names they would have? it's important if you want the next post!

16. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Kaminoan, from Kamino.. (starwars.com databank.. :) )

17. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    thank you!

18. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    the next chapter will be up really soon! :D

19. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    new post up in five minutes!

i just need to finish editing it!

20. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    ?So, Jaina, tell me again why you?re leaving?? Mara asked carefully over lunch, a little startled over her niece?s sudden announcement that she was leaving the Shelter the next day.

?Because I want to get out there and do something to make the Vong leave the galaxy. And no offense intended, baby-sitting a bunch of Jedi doesn?t really make the Vong want to leave the galaxy. I also think that I need to pull myself together and I don?t really think that I?m getting that accomplished here,? Jaina answered. ?Anyway, I was thinking that I could get my own ship and maybe assemble a squadron to attack the Vong with. I could operate under a different name so that bounty hunters don?t find me and perhaps I could use some ideas that General Antilles- oh sithspit!? Jaina yelped out.

?What is it, Jaina?? Mara asked concerned.

?I promised Wedge that I would send him a call as soon as I got here, and I?ve been here over a week. He?ll be really worried! Is there anyway that I can get word to him?? Jaina asked, really worried.

?Actually, Jaina, wouldn?t it be better if he thought you were dead? That way, word would most likely get out and the bounty hunters would be off your back. It would be much easier for you to operate under an assumed name if everyone thinks you?re dead.?

"That?s a really good idea. But I don?t want him to worry.?

?Jaina, when were you supposed to get word to him??

?Within a week or after I got here, why??

?Because he?s probably put you down as dead by now. You?ve been here ten days. That?s over a week. I wouldn?t tell him, because it will be much harder to make everyone think that you are dead if he has to go change the record, which he will if he knows you?re alive.?

?I get it. I still want to tell Wedge that I?m alive, but I won?t, not for a bit at least.?
    ~*~*~*~

?See you, Jaina.? ?Take care of yourself.? ?Be careful- I don?t want to have to save you again.? ?Good-bye, Jaina.? People all around Jaina offered good luck and good-byes as she walked through the hanger to her X-wing.

?Thanks, everyone. Aunt Mara, where did you get the Jade Sabre made??

?Marklie Shipyards. It?s in the Kamino system.?

?Thanks. Is there anything that I?ll need in order to get in??

"Hold on, let me give you something. It?s a lot easier to get into Marklie Shipyards nowadays if you or a family member already had work done there.? Mara handed Jaina a datacard. ?When they ask for an ID number, just say that you?re a relative of 84503 and the code is jade eyes.?

?Ok, relative of 84503 and code is jade eyes. Got it. Bye, everyone. See you!? Jaina waved as the canopy on her x-wing lowered and she prepared to take off.

The Jedi jogged back to the entrance of the hanger and then turned and waved as the x-wing blasted off.
    ~*~*~*~

?Unidentified craft, state your name and purpose. If you have an ID number, please state it and the code. Failure to do so will result in the destruction of your craft.? The obviously recorded voice played over in a loop until Jaina flicked her comm on.

?I?m a relative of 84503 and the code is jade eyes.?

?What is your name and purpose?? a new, unrecorded voice came on.

?My name is Jaina Solo and I want to see about getting a ship here.?

?Welcome to Marklie Shipyards, Ms. Solo. Enjoy your stay. Follow the beacon to the landing platform please and do not deviate from your course.?

?Thank you.? She double-clicked the comm in acknowledgement and did a barrel roll, then headed down to the docking station.
    ~*~*~*~

?Welcome to Marklie Shipyards, Ms. Solo,? a Laurani came up to her as soon as Jaina had jumped out of the cockpit to the ground.

?Thank you.?

?Did you have a specific idea in mind for your ship or would you like to see a couple of designs first??

?May I see a couple of designs??

?Of course, come this way please??
    ~*~*~*~

Jaina looked around the pastel-colored room as she waited for Oka?la Rul to come in.

?Ah, Ms. Solo! I understand that you wish to have a ship made here??

?Yes.?

?Are t

21. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    oo.. She's getting a custom ship huh? Great post, Lt! :)

22. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Very cool post. Awesome idea to have a ship custom built for Jaina. Very neat.

23. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    new post very soon. i just need to finish up a couple of details....

24. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Can't wait for more!

25. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.