main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Complications" Wedge/Iella - Updated! 03/06, Chapter Three, Post Four

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Katana_Sundancer, Nov 10, 2010.

1. EmissaryOfTheVoid

EmissaryOfTheVoid Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2007
    Oh wow. That line about the job description? Brilliant. I'm still giggling. And Wedge comparing Iella's mood to an A-wing...this reads like a scene right out of the X-Wing books. Nice work ^_^

I should have started on this earlier. It's been a fun read :) Looking forward to the next chapter.

2. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Hello everybody! Thanks for your patience over the past few weeks!

Briannakin: Wedge is a dreamy sort of guy, huh? I always saw him as being incredibly sensitive, and he's so glad that he got Iella that he wants to make everything wonderful for her. Thanks so much!

Master Jaina:Thanks! They are adorable, I love them so much. And they went through so much angst to get together... Hope your updating problems aren't anything serious!

Hazel: Aren't we all! I actually have no idea what a palooka is - I got it off Kingdom Hearts (Donald Duck calls Goofy a palooka). I thought it hilarious, and the word just seemed perfect for Iella's mood. Thanks for reading!

EmissaryOfTheVoid: Hi! Wow... I get a Stackpole/Allston Award? :eek: Thanks! [face_dancing] Glad you liked the job description. Sorry about the wait between updates and welcome aboard!

Okay, now that I've survived Christmas and floods, I've got some writing chutzpah back. So, here's the last post of chapter one! Enjoy!

Chapter One, Post Five
    Obtuse Rustbucket with an Attitude Problem

Iella sat waiting in an examination room in the NRI medical offices, one ankle crossed over her knee, flicking irritably at the hem of her pants. She hated the regular physicals required of all agents.

She?d woken that morning to find herself wrapped around her husband ? the exact opposite of the situation that had been irking her for weeks.

Wedge had obviously been awake before her, and was just as obviously delighted by the turnaround. She?d wanted nothing more than to stay lazing in bed ? in his arms ? all day. But again they had to work, although this time it was Wedge reminding them of their duties.

?If I?d remembered that I had this rotten physical, I?d have worked harder to convince Wedge to take a day off,? she thought balefully. Being poked and prodded and peered into ? by a droid, no less ? had taken her relaxed loose mood, and transformed it into something approaching the snarling beast it had been the day before.

?Agent Wessiri.? The droid had returned. ?Your tests are complete. Your status has been updated to Restricted: Datawork and Analysis Only. Duration of Restriction is a minimum of 12 months. Any upcoming fieldwork assignments have been cancelled. You will be reassigned, pending an interview with General Cracken.?

Iella was on her feet. ?Whoa, wait a minute!? she demanded, fear making her tense. ?Reassigned? Why? What?s wrong with me??

?You?re suffering from a lack of required dietary components; most significantly, a marked deficiency in iron, which has resulted in moderate anaemia.?

?Anaemia?? Iella was thoroughly confused. ?So I take iron supplements and up the red meat intake. How does anaemia warrant a restriction from fieldwork for over a year??

?Anaemia doesn?t. It?s merely a symptom of the underlying cause.?

She resisted the urge to slam the droid?s head down onto the desk. ?What the hell is the underlying cause?? What if there?s something really wrong with me?

?The development of a blastocyte into a viable fetus of approximately ten weeks gestation.?

Iella stared blankly at the droid, desperately trying to make sense of its words and wondering absently why it should be so difficult. Two words managed to register.

?Gestation? Fetus?? She gaped, suddenly breathless. ?Pregnant? I?m pregnant??

?Yes.?

?Son of a Sith,? she breathed.

?I cannot speculate about the fetus? gender or paternity without further testing ? unless you are the Sith in question??

Iella found herself staring at the droid again. ?Were you programmed by the Wraiths, by any chance??

?Please do not mention those individuals in my presence. Now, common symptoms of your condition include tiredness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, increased frequency of urination, constipation, changes to mammary tissue, irritability and unpredictable mood swings. Have you experienced any of these??

?Uh?? Iella was overwhelmed ? by the news, by

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    SQUEEE, YAY, ANOTHER UPDATE!

And yay, she is pregnant.

Now, all you suspicious people... was it what you thought?

yup, yup!

And I lol'd at the betting pool thing, you know it's going to happen... crazy Rogues, insane Wraiths.

Excellent job.

4. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    lol. Thanks Briannakin!

I'm glad you guessed. I didn't want it to be a real surprise to anyone but Wedge and Iella!

And of course there'll be betting going on... not just the Rogues and Wraiths, but Han is a close friend as well... And Lando... But Luke is disqualified from entering, haha. Unfair advantage.

To me that line had the ring of 'I am not a committee!' for some reason....

Thanks muchly for the response!

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh, YES!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Iella and the rustbucket [face_laugh]

Great update! =D=

6. LadyReva

LadyReva Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2011
    I think I burst a muscle laughing. This is just too hilarious... and then between the laughing, you make my melt like a little puddle of ice.

:D

You've hooked me!

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?I cannot speculate about the fetus? gender or paternity without further testing ? unless you are the Sith in question??

[face_laugh]

Great update, Katana!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh Katana!!!! Hi!

That was some rockin' fine mush in your latest update!

I am always up for that!

Your Wedge/Iella is sweet indeed to read.

:D SQUEE!

9. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Hi everybody!

In health news, I have a date for the diagnostic surgery - March 2nd. Hopefully everything will be sorted out then, and I can quit worrying. In the meantime... I guess I'll just keep writing!

Hazel: Thanks! That droid is so lucky to still be operational!

LadyReva: Oh dear. And they say laughter is the best medicine! Warning: Laughter and melting may persist upon continued reading of this fic! Welcome aboard!

FelsGoddess: Thanks Master!

Jade_eyes: Hi, Jade_eyes! I'm glad - I think they are the most awesome couple, and they deserve their mush! Of course, that won't stop me from making things complicated for them.... The muse made me do it!

Thanks for reading, guys, and onto Chapter Two!

Chapter Two Post One

You?ll Just Have To Get Flexible

?Shavit! Stang! Kriffing Sith-spawned piece of poodoo!?

?Iella??

?Kriff it!?

Courage, Antilles. Wedge took a deep breath then stuck his head into the bedroom. ?Iella??

A flurry of fabric hit him in the face. Freeing himself, he saw his wife standing in front of their closet, wearing only underwear and bra. A mountain of clothes lay on the bed, and there were tears on Iella?s face ? as well as a truly ferocious scowl. ??Ella??

She glared at him. ?I?m fat already.?

Oh no. Not that. Not so soon ? she?s only three months! Wedge shut his eyes for a moment before approaching her. ?Iella, you are not fat. You?re ??

?Already unable to fit into most of my clothes!? Several tops were thrown to the floor.

He dared slip his arms around her waist, and was grateful that she didn?t push him away. ?Sweetheart, you?re having a baby. You?re supposed to get bigger; it means our baby?s growing in there.? He cupped her belly with his palm.

?But I?m not supposed to be this big! Not yet!? She sniffled, leaning into him. ?My pants don?t fit, and my dresses ? well, let?s just say ?bust? definitely applies.?

Wedge peered over her shoulder at the area in question. ?Hmm. I thought they were getting rounder.?

?Wedge!?

?What? I?m not allowed to look?? he protested. ?Iella, you?re gorgeous. I?m always going to be looking.? He kissed her cheek as she blushed.

?But what am I supposed to wear? The only things that are comfortable are my workout sweats.?

?Then they?ll do.? Wedge smirked.

?For a dinner party at the President?s? I think not!?

?It?s just Leia.?

?No.?

?Why not buy something?? Wedge rested his cheek against hers, and rubbed her belly distractedly.

?We?re supposed to be there in an hour.?

?Darling, I?ve seen you shop. An hour is plenty.? When not ?shopping? with the girls, Iella approached this task the same way she did everything else ? as a mission to be completed.

Iella patted his cheek and sighed. ?I just ? I shouldn?t have to buy something new. I should be able to wear my clothes, as they are.?

He turned her to face him, concerned at the weariness in her voice. ?You?re really unhappy about this, aren?t you??

Iella spread her hands, tired and defeated. ?It?s just ? Everything is so complicated right now. I have no control over my temper, or my emotions; I can?t stop crying; I can?t eat half the things I really like; I can?t even think straight anymore! And I hate it! I hate not being in control of myself!? She dashed tears away from her eyes. ?I hate this!? she almost screamed.

Oh Force. What do I do? Wedge was thrown by her distress. ?Are you at all happy to be pregnant? Is there no joy you can find?? A thought flooded through him and he froze. No. Couldn?t be? ?Do you even want this baby? Is this why we haven?t told anyone yet, even though we?ve known for weeks?? His voice caught. ?Do you wish it were gone??

Iella?s eyes were wide with shock. ?What? Oh, sweetheart. Of course not!? She cupped his jaw with one hand, threading the other through his hair. ?I want to have your baby ? don?t ever doubt that, ever.?

Wedge sagged with relief, resting his f

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Gotta love Wedge!

[face_love] :*

Iella is a very lucky lady.

11. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    This is great.

12. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Because my general awesomeness had you totally stunned.?
    [face_laugh] General Awesomeness is a great title.

Hope your surgery goes smoothly and you have a fast recovery. [:D]

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Awww! Sweetness. Have I told you how much I love this fic!

14. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Hey everybody. Apologies on not having another update, but none of the characters are cooperating at this time.

My surgery went well, I'm all recovered now, just a couple of 'scratches' left. I actually had a bigger problem with welts from the dressings than from the incisions themselves! They found nothing wrong, so, although I don't have an answer, I know that it is not a huge problem. It's just something I'll have to deal with.

The past couple of weeks have been devoted to my original fiction, as I have a Writers Group meeting this Friday, and I really want to have something awesome ready. (I had nothing last month... shame on me.) Hopefully the muse will kick in soon, and I'll have another post for you all in the near future.

Sorry for the very random nature of my updates.

Hazel: She is indeed. Wedge won't always be such a candidate for sainthood... most of the time, but not all of the time.

ccp: Thanks!

Fels: It totally is. Goes well with 'O Envy of All Corellia', doesn't it? Thanks muchly, Master.

Briannakin: You might have mentioned it... but I love hearing it again!

[:D] for all readers and reviewers. You are all awesome.

15. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Check it out, people! A brand spanking new update! Yay!

Chapter Two, Post Two
    Was It Something I Said?

?You?re late,? Corran couldn?t resist needling as Han led the Antilles into the Solos? crowded entertaining area.

Iella wrinkled her nose at him. ?Don?t start with me, Horn!? she called back, smirking. He grinned as he thought ?Definite improvement in her mood since last time.?

Valin squirmed out of his father?s arms and hurtled across the room, crying ?An Lella!?

Wedge swooped down in front of his wife and hauled the three-year-old into the air. ?What about Uncle Wedge, huh?? He blew a raspberry on the little boy?s belly.

?No no no, Un Veggies!? Valin squealed, and the room seemed to burst with laughter. Corran snorted at the affronted look on the general?s face. Score one, Mirax.

?It?s Wedge, Valin. Wedge.?

?Veggies! Ma say Veggies!?

Wedge rolled his eyes at his laughing audience. ?Of course she does,? he muttered. ?Fine then. Veggies it is. I?m sure there?s some in the kitchen.?

Valin looked alarmed. ?No no.?

Wedge grinned. ?Oh yes. Come on, then. Let?s find some.? He tucked him under his arm and headed for the door.

?Oh Wedge.? Iella plucked the now wailing boy from her husband?s grip. ?Stop tormenting the child. He already has Corran for a father.?

Corran, who?d been laughing until then, frowned at his former partner. ?Hey!?

Iella ignored him, placing a gentle kiss on his son?s forehead instead. ?Don?t worry, Valin. Wedge didn?t really mean it. He was just playing.?

The boy cuddled close to her. ?Love An Lella.?

?Naw,? came the almost mocking chorus from the assembled pilots, Wes Janson leading. Iella fixed them all with a cool stare as she set Valin on his feet.

Most of Rogue Squadron was here ? Wes, Inyri and Hobbie had set up sabacc in the corner, while Tycho and Myn chatting quietly, leaned against a wall. Gavin was chuckling next to Corran, three-year-old Cayleen dozing on his shoulder, his very pregnant wife Sera in an armchair nearby. Mirax had disappeared to change Jysella, with Luke and Chewie rounding out the group, wrestling with the Solo kids and dumping them on the couch.

?Wedge, Iella!? Leia emerged from the kitchen, Winter trailing after her. The princess moved to hug her friends. ?We were beginning to get worried.?

?She was getting worried,? Han interjected. ?The rest of us were placing bets on what was taking you so long.?

Corran smirked as a faint blush appeared on Iella?s cheeks. ?Care to make us some money??

She pinned him with a playful glare. ?I can?t confirm or deny anything.?

?Ooh. Intriguing,? he teased as he lifted Valin in one arm, hugging her with the other. ?General? Any comments??

Wedge just smiled enigmatically. ?Last minute shopping.? He wrapped his arms around Iella from behind, and rested his chin on her shoulder, nuzzling her neck.

Mirax joined them, Jysella gurgling happily now that she was clean again. ?You look fabulous, Iella! Is that a new dress??

Corran took a closer look as Iella nodded, seeming almost shy. The cocktail dress was a rich cobalt blue, gathered just under her bust and flowing loose to her knees. Her hair had been pulled up into an elegant knot high on the back of her head, leaving wisps and strands free for Wedge to play with, as he was known to do. She was stunning? but there was something different that he just couldn?t quite place?

?Well, you look totally fantastic, and I am totally jealous.? Mirax brushed a kiss against her friend?s cheek. ?I still haven?t lost the wobbly bits from having Sella.?

Sera snorted, rubbing over her taut belly. ?I would kill for those wobbly bits right now, Mirax. Wobbly bits mean the hard part is over.?

Wedge smiled, his arms tightening around Iella?s waist. ?Hey Sera. How much longer have you got??

She rolled her eyes. ?However much longer the little one wants to stick around, I guess. The doctor says about four weeks, but I hope not. I want to be skinny again.? She turned to Gavin with a wi

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Loved the Veggies bit. [face_laugh]

What Leia did for Winter and Tycho was really sweet.

[face_laugh][face_laugh] The knives!

?I think the record for ?most number of public arguments? would have to go to Han and Leia.?
    No contest.

Great update!

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    That was just too sweet of an update.

I wonder when they are going to let it out that Iella is preggers. Rogues can be be pretty snoopy when they think something is up.

Little Valin is just too cute. And I loved Tycho and Winter. Why didn't they ever have kids? Hmmm. Maybe they did, it's not like they have been in profic very much lately... I think you have just given me a plot bunny. (*puts the fluffy creature away for a later date*) Thank you!!

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was so funny and sweet!

Un Veggies [face_laugh]

19. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Wonderful "family" scene. :) Loved seeing all those characters in a decidedly normal situation. :)

20. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Hey all. I should have a new update in a few days - it's just being double-checked right now.

Fels: I figure Mirax would start corrupting Valin early, don't you agree?

Leia felt like she needed to show her appreciation for Winter - and for Tycho, him being so patient while Leia always stole his woman away.

My sister said that 'the knives' were her favourite part. Glad you enjoyed it too!

Briannakin:Oh, don't worry. Everyone will know soon enough.

Cuteness was exactly what I was going for.

Officially, the Celchus are childless. That sucks, imho. Yay! Someone besides me getting bunnies!

No, thank you.

Hazel: Thanks! Valin is totally UN veggies. He does not like them... but he really does love his uncle.

JM77:Thank you. We don't get to see enough cozy 'fambly' moments, but we all know that they had them.

21. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Update! Yay me! And yay FelsGoddess, for doublechecking it for me! [:D]

Chapter Two, Post 3
    You Are, Aren?t You?

Iella didn?t quite make it to the refresher before losing control of her stomach, but she did get her head over the bowl before she made too much of a mess. So much for dinner. So much for feeling better.

She felt Wedge kneel behind her, gentle hands rubbing her back and easing strands of hair out of her face. She could hear him speaking, but she couldn?t understand the words; couldn?t find the energy to care. She was just glad he was there.

She shuddered for what seemed like ages, tears forced from her eyes by the violence of her heaves. Though she?d been ill many times over the past few weeks, this attack was worse than she was used to; probably because she?d overindulged in fine Alderaanian cuisine.

A cool damp cloth was laid across her neck as her nausea finally eased. She gasped as she slumped backwards against Wedge, trying not to dissolve into sobs. Why is this so difficult? She?d watched Mirax and Sera ? neither seemed to have had as much trouble as Iella was having.

?Ssh. Easy, ?Ella.? Her husband wiped her mouth with another cloth, then offered her a glass of water. When her hands shook too much and water sloshed down her front, he held the glass steady for her. Leaning forward to spit, she caught a flash of white in the doorway ? Winter, standing ready with more water and towels.

?So much for not crashing the party,? she rasped. The moment Leia had made the announcement, Iella had decided that she was not going to steal their friends? thunder. One shared glance, and she?d known her husband had agreed ? as much as he wanted to crow about his impending fatherhood.

Wedge almost-smiled, sliding one hand around her belly. ?Not your fault, darling.? He raised the glass again, and she sipped from it slowly. When it went down, and stayed down, she tilted her head back to look at him.

?I?m empty.?

She didn?t expect him to plant a quick kiss on her lips. ?No, you?re not,? he whispered fiercely. ?Not empty.?

?You just kissed me,? Iella muttered, her voice high-pitched with disbelief. Winter almost giggled from where she waited.

?I did,? Wedge agreed glibly. ?Is that a crime now??

?I just barfed up the entirety of dinner, and quite possibly lunch ? and you?re kissing me. Gross.?

?You rinsed. And it?s not like I was snogging you. No tongue or anything.? He eased his arms under hers. ?Feel like you can stand??

Her head had mostly stopped pounding and spinning, so she nodded. ?It?s still gross,? she protested as he pulled her to her feet. His only response was to plant another kiss on her and wrap an arm around her waist. Once out of the refresher, Winter took her arm on the opposite side. Iella leaned closer to her friend. ?Gross,? she stage-whispered, feeling somewhat light-headed.

?Hush, you.? They helped her to the lounge room and eased her into a chair. Winter handed her a fresh glass of sparkling water. Iella sipped from it carefully, the fizz helping to clear her mouth of the acrid aftertaste. When her stomach didn?t rebel, she drank more, then let her head rest back on the chair. Wedge crouched beside her, his hand warm and gentle on hers.

?Wow.? She looked up to see everyone staring at her, varying expressions of concern on their faces. Even Wes, who?d spoken, seemed worried behind his half-smirk. ?I think you just set some kind of record. Really.?

Iella rolled her eyes, groaning. ?Gee. Thank you. So very much.?

?I know that groan.? Sera leaned forward awkwardly in her armchair, interest lighting her eyes. ?I very definitely know that groan.?

Mirax gasped. ?Oh! Come to think of it, so do I.? She looked excitedly between the couple. ?You are, aren?t you??

There?s no point hiding it now. They?ll just get snoopy. Iella nodded at her husband, and he grinned almost boyishly. Go on, flyboy. I know you?ve been dying to tell everyone.

Glancing around at their assembled friend

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Great update.

Is it twins and the title of this fic is going to become more involved, or is the baby (I'm assuming it's Syal and you aren't going to go totally Darthy on us) just going to be big? (my cousin just had a ten pound baby girl - shavit was she humongous)

@};-[:D]=D=

23. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    I cannot answer this question on the grounds of 'it would ruin the rest of my fic!'. As for how Darthy I may or may not get... you'll have to wait and judge for yourself.

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Haha! [face_laugh]

Great update. I loved the way Wedge went after Iella in the refresher and helped her out - he's so sweet. Even if kissing her after she threw up is on the gross side. :p

Iella ignored them all, staring up at her husband in complete amazement. He?d been utterly mortified when she?d hurled those words at him ? and now he was using them to take the pressure off her. Not a hint of shyness hung around him as he stood there.

A touch of multiple personality there, Wedge?

He was all confidence and ego ? Cockpit Wedge at his very finest.

Thanks to Briannakin, I will never look at that word the same way again. [face_blush]

25. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Oh boy how I do love Cockpit Wedge. [face_love]