main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga COMPNOR uniforms

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Prophet 49, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Prophet 49

Prophet 49 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 11, 2014
    Sorry right off the bat if this is an unimportant topic. A few of my friends have asked me to explain the difference between Imperial uniforms and ranks, which I was able to provide with relative ease. However, after doing so I began thinking to myself deeper about the uniforms and started thinking about COMPNOR and if they used the standard Imp uniform. If so, what color/s and if there were any noticeable details to their uniform that identified them as COMPNOR (ie armbands or badges akin to Nazi party/SS uniforms). Would they use the same type of uniform as ISB (white with black cap and trousers) or would they have another color? If the same as ISB, how would one be able to differentiate between ISB and standard COMPNOR? Would they wear tan/brown? Maybe the really light gray uniform with black cap we see in ANH is COMPNOR? Any insight would be appreciated because my OCD brain needs some sort of explanation of this. Canon/Legends material are both acceptable.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Not at all, I think it´s a very interesting topic! Now, I see COMPNOR as a holistic organization, encompassing many, many branches within itself. It doesn´t really devote itself to military alone, I would imagine, but mostly to civilian, day to day life. The ISB is their most notorious branch, and therefore loyalty in the military (as well as morale, indoctrination, etc) was a big objective there, but they also had organizations concerning themselves with artistic expression, education, etc.

I even think, at least in Legends, they had their own military force, but I imagine they worked mostly inflintrated within Army, Armada or Stormtrooper Corps regular forces.

I don´t know too much about Canon COMPNOR, but I do remember that Armand Isard, Legends Director of Intelligence, is now the director of COMPNOR. A little of switching sides, since Imperial Intelligence and COMPNOR´s ISB where rival agencies at every level. We don´t have a visual depiction of him yet, since his trademark red uniform was Intelligence´s and now should be obsolete... it could give us some light on the matter, later on...

Jarrus likes this.