main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Compromising Position (OCs) for Essential OC Challenge #2 Author replies 08/22/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: Compromising Position
    Characters: OCs
    Timframe: Pre ANH
    Disclaimer: The universe is George's. The characters are mine.
    A/N: This is for the Essential OC Challenge #2. Its an old one, but so am I.
    "Everyone has a price" (submitted by Luton_Plunder)

Does the old saying hold true for your OC? Offer them a bribe to do something that they would otherwise find reprehensible, and let us all find out! And remember, often a person's 'price' has nothing to do with money...

?We want you to sleep with him,? said Nider Sykrib, her long time handler. The man was tall, and almost too slender. His short, closely cropped grey hair sat atop a pock marked face that showed every one of his 65 years.

?That?s not going to happen, Nider,? Rena Mooris said bluntly. ?Nothing would entice me to let to that red skinned misogynist put his hands on me, much less any other part of his body.?

?Misogynist?? Nider replied, confused. ?Your reports have said that he is only sexist womanizer. You mentioned nothing about his desires to hurt women.?

?The guy is a bully, Nider,? she said frowning. ?I guess it really doesn?t matter what sex a being is, just that he gets what he wants, no matter the cost.?

Nider pulled on his chin, a habit that signaled he was thinking.

?The case is at an impasse, Rena,? he said, finally. "Flagus counters us at every turn. You have given us great information, enough to start, but we need you to go deeper.?

She frowned in disgust at the obvious pun, placing her hands on her shapely hips and gaping at his nerve.

Seeing her reaction, a he smiled flatly.

?Sorry,? he said.

?You should be. That was terrible.?

?Nonetheless, I meant it. By sleeping with the Devronian, you may be able to get more detailed information about Flagus? operations. More specifically, murders.?

?So, you want me to give my body to a murderer and hope he doesn?t think of a reason to kill me??

?Has he come up with one yet??

?Not the point, Nider,? she said, indignation rising. ?The man hurts women. What if he wants me to do something I don?t want to do??

?Do it.?

?I won?t do some things in my private sex life, much less undercover.?

?Then convince him, it?s not what he really wants.?

?Easy to say from your cushy office back at Cor-Sec.?

?Listen, Rena, we wouldn?t ask if we didn?t know the risks, or you ability to pull it off. They payoff could be enormous.?

?One more bad pun and I?m walking. I might just walk anyway.?

?We?ll pay you,? he said, evenly. ?A one time bonus of 25000 credits.?

Rena threw up her hands, incredulous, turned her back, and started walking toward her speeder.

?Rena, wait!? he called to her back, following her to the speeder. ?That came out badly! We recognize the risk!?

She spun on her heels, her straight, auburn hair twirling from the abrupt change of direction.

?I never expected this from you, Nider,? she fumed. ?I thought you were a friend.?

?I am a friend, Rena, but also your superior officer. This comes from higher than me.?

?Damn it!? she exclaimed in frustration. ?I?m not going to be their whore and his whore as well. Tell the agency to shove it.?

?Rena, you have worked so hard and done so much to build case against Flagus. Don?t throw it away, now.?

Rena leaned against her speeder, folding her arms across her chest. Nider stood opposite her, in silence.

?This sucks!?

Their eyes met.

Silence.

?50000.?

?Rena, please. 35000.?

She smiled victoriously.

?40000 or I disappear into the night.?

?And you never stop looking over your shoulder.?

?I?ll risk it.?

?Ok, you win. 40000.?

?Don?t think I?m pleased, Nider. This will be the hardest test of my life, and a disgusting one to boot.?

2. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I liked that! Definitely not something you see very often, but it was pretty cool. I don't know if you have anything else with these characters or any plans to continue with the story, but I think it's very, very cool.

(And as an accomplished wordsmith, I enjoyed the puns.)

3. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Thanks, Onoto. I appreciate you reading. This return to writing OCs was a bit nerve wracking. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

4. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    You have a nack to make us want more brodiew.

Nider and Rena are very interesting characters. I'd hate to be in Rena's position and I'd also hate to be Nider having to put her in that position.

Wonder how that all worked out? [face_whistling]

5. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Very intersting. [face_thinking]

An unenviable spot for any woman.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great vignette! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.