main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Computer Advice

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jarsis_Stolle, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarsis_Stolle

Jarsis_Stolle Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2003

Hi group

I'm building a computer and wanted to ask some advice about graphics cards as seeing most of you are computer nerds and nutters.

I want to be able to play my PS2 through my computer by means of plugging it into a s-video port or some other means of connectivity through the graphics card.

Anyone tried to do it before and do any of you have a good recommendation of what graphics card or have heard from others you know about any decent cards circulating around.

Regards
    Jacen

2. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Depends, If your talking about budget cards? I've heard good things about the Radeon 9600 (pro?) or the Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti4200.. Geforces usually have All the VIVO (Video In Video Out) as standard (pays to check though).. not sure about the radeons..

If your looking for the ultimate in performance (with prices around the $1k mark you'd better hope so) Then Geforce FX 5900 ultra is a beast, but is really, really expensive (has all the VIVO mostly too).. or the Radeon 9800pro (some have video in etc, best to check with the place selling them) is a scorcher of a card..

However, Radeon have always been lumbered with bad drivers.. I havent heard anything recently, but I would hope they've gotten better.
    If you just want the card for the Video In feature, I'd go for something along the Geforce 4 Ti series (not the mx's!!!), thier setup is usually easy and the prices arnt bad either..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.