Phx Computer Geek Accessory Question

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mrbunny666, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. mrbunny666 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Does anyone know (or can find out) if there is such thing as an audio cassette player/drive for the computer?

I have seen AM/FM radios that take up a bay in your computer.

This way, life is 1000 times easier to copy my rehersal recordings onto my computer.
  2. Jedi_Webb Jedi Master

star 3
    Not that I know of. If it did exist, I'd probably own it. ;) When I convert stuff from tape to my PC, I just connect my tape player into my sound card and record in SoundForge, save as wav or mp3.
  3. Mobius FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    That's about what I was going to suggest. Your sound card should have a "line in" port, which is a standard stereo mini plug. Connect that to your cassette recorders output, and you should be good to go.
  4. Darth_Myles Jedi Master

star 2
    Yup...sorry bunny there is no such thing as a cassette player for your PC. The mthod already posted should work fine...
  5. jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    my atari 800 had a tape player (known as the atari 410). of course, we used it to store data, not music... zaxxon took about 30 minutes to load off of casette tape. i had space invaders on tape too... but i had pac-man on cartridge, along with donkey kong jr and journey to the planets and miner 2049er.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.