Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jedi_Angell, Aug 17, 2005.
How do I either refresh my cache or flush my DNS?
there are a few ways to 'refresh' a cache.
1. clear it out.
2. let it automatically update thngs as you go about the internet.
3. set a time limit for the cache to be purged.
As per the DNS...there is a command (I don't remember it right now) but it purges the DNS cache.
How to flush DNS (for winxp/win2000)
1. Go to the command prompt
(here's how, just in case)
a. click on 'start' menu
b. select 'run'
c. type in 'cmd' or 'command' and press enter (don't use the quotes)
2. type in 'ipconfig/flushdns' and press enter (don't use the quotes)
3. now that you have flushed the dns, you can refresh it with the command 'ipconfig/registerdns' (once again leaving the quotes out)
Hope this helps.
Thanks....now....where is the cache and where do I type the commands?
If you are using Internet Explorer (IE), you can clear your cache this way.
1. Open IE
2. Select 'Tools' from the menu
3. Select 'Internet Options...'
4. Make sure you are within the "General" tab
5. Within the "Temporary Internet Files" select 'Delete Files...'
6. Check 'Delete all offline content'
7. Press 'OK'
Then Wait. Depending on the size of your cache, this could take several minutes. Once you get control of your browser back you'll be good to go.
Sweet! Thanks Lord Tater!