main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Con] C3 Caravan Stuff

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Okay, now we have no trailer and everything will be piled into my pickup... Which is gonna cut into my gas mileage. So, it would be a nice thing (especially considering the price of gas right now), that if I'm gonna be taking your stuff, to throw in a few bucks for gas money. Not asking for a lot, just a little something to help. :)

2. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    I picked up a back bumper storage rack and cargo net for $100 and have to put it together tomorrow and install it on my hitch. (That should be fun). With the room in the back of my truck and the roof rack, I think we may be fine for the people I have going with me/maybe room for more.

My heater core went out on the truck and I ordered a new one for Monday am. I'll have to install it before we go. Extra belts and shtuff as well.

I am a mechanic (in a past life), so if something goes seriously wrong in the convoy, I may be able to fix it. No promises, but I'll give it my best.

Oil change first thing in the am. Yup, some are open sundays. ;)

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    And like I said before, anything earth shattering, and we leave it 'til we go back after CIII and deal w/ it by putting people and gear into the other cars and motoring on :)

COS, give me a jingle sometime tomorrow so we can hash out all the particulars of the road trip. There's some logistics I want to make sure we iron out before Monday. :)

4. COS_Vader

Apr 26, 2004
    I don't have your number, Zoo. :( PM it to me and I'll give you a holler. Or my number is *719*201*5911.

We're leaving Tuesday am, right? Unfortunately two people in our group can't leave until Tuesday am, which screws up starting on Monday if that was your plan.

I'm taking a storage box for Chico, who is dropping it off tomorrow. I'm getting the truck prepped tomorrow am, and replacing the leaky heater core on Monday after work.

Brent should be at my place VERY early Tuesday am and we'll head up from the Springs. I suppose we will pick up Matt & Leah at your place (I'll need directions to your casa).

I will fix my CB too so if you have one (or an FRS radio), we can chat car to car.

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    IM gonna borrow some of those littel hand held radio things from my brother (i guess i should call him to get them soon).

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    They tend to not work in conventions, there's too much area to cover, plus too many other people using them to find a clear channel.

7. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I've got a pair of Motorola Talk Abouts... And I can grab the CB from the camping gear as well.. It's just not a high powered one :p

PM coming your way, COS, and don't worry about the timing for leaving on Tuesday AM... I have it figured to get us w/i 2 hours of Indy by Tuesday night, w/o killing us all. If we leave by 7AM on Wednesday, we'll be there in plenty of time for setup duties :)

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    OW's right -- most of the times when you try to use a FRS radio at a con all you get is some kid trying to find which bathroom his mom is in. [face_plain] Or someone telling you to stay off "their" channel. LOL.

And that's just at Starfest, MHC, and the Renfest -- C3 will be insane. The sheer amount of interference created by 500 troopers trying to them will block out radio communications for 100 feet around the con. LOL.

9. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    We were just talking about using them in the cars... Since cell reception in KS is gonna be bad for me at least :p

10. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Ah...should be fine...

Unless the radio waves get bored and fall asleep on you.

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    they might just throw themsleves in front of the radio antenna to end the silnce. speaking of radio, should we have Cds for kansas. i cant imagine the landlocked bermuda triangle has many choices.

12. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Sorry I didn't catch COS's post above about the use for the radios.

13. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    We have CD's, DVD's and possibly tapes... Just say the word :)

Unless of course you want something other than Star Wars, and then you are on your own ;) j/k

I do have all of the EU on tape, but I would need warning to set that one up in the truck (no cassette deck in there - plus I haven't figured out how to transfer them yet :p ).

14. COS_Vader

Apr 26, 2004
    Rats, that reminds me that I should get an FM transmitter for my iPod. My radio sucks, but I do have the ROTS audiobook on it and the soundtrack. ;)

Well, great progress today.

*Took the truck to get oil changed and coolant flushed. They checked the belts but I have spares just in case, checked all my hoses and tire pressure and all fluids, and bulbs as well. Most importantly I got a premium AAA membership! I do need to get a 5-10 gallon gas can as my gas guage doesn't work, but I can get about 200 miles on a tank.

-Put together the rear deck (connects to my hitch) which can hold 2 more boxes and bought an elastic cargo net for it.

-Installed a new CB, so communication between cars will be always possible.

Now to finish up my TK armor and I'll be golden. ;)

15. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

YA'LL HAVE A GOOD TRIP, AND PLEASE BE SAFE!!!!!

16. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Got new Brakes & Tires installed and will be getting the oil changed tomorrow.

I've made the decision to leave my RotS Audiobook at home, but I will be taking my NPR Original Trilogy CD's instead.

Still need to burn a couple of mix-CD's, and finish the costume tomorrow....

Crikey, it's almost today!!!!

17. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

Know you guys are leaving soon - safe travels and see you in Indy! :D

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Who else needs directions to my place?

19. COS_Vader

Apr 26, 2004
    Have a safe trip, Stacy. We'll be a day behind you.

20. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Thanx, COS!!!

We'll be sure to blaze the trail for ya!

24 hours from now, we should be lost somewhere in Kansas....

21. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    We'll stick together, COS. It works much better that way... Plus, it gives all the people on the road a chance to point and stare [face_laugh]

22. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    BTW-If you need something transported, it better be on my doorstep by 7PM tonight. No Exceptions. I will not be picking anything up from anyone, and once I make my pickup from Sith Central, I am not driving anywhere else but to Indy.

23. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Mac is now on the road for Zootown.

24. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Mac and Jenny just picked up everything they needed from here, and are now en route to D-town. Should be there around 8-ish.

25. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I was pleasantly surprised to discover that everything actually fit in my car tonight. See some of ya in about 8 hrs!

CIII in '05!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.