main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Con] C3 Caravan Stuff

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Cool, so this is looking up :D So if someone has like one garment bag & some shoes someone might be able to take it for us???? **bats eyelashes**

2. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Courtney and I will be leaving about mid morning on tuesday. Then we will be stopping around a half way to a two thirds way point. Then waking up early on Wednesday and getting to Indy around 2 ish

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    THAT was always able to be arranged... My concern is the TRIP BACK! :eek: :p You just KNOW people are gonna be loaded down w/ swag and numerous purchases they can't get home on their own

4. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    That is true.

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Yep. And what about the people flying? I know there was talk about chipping in for the trailers so we'd have some extra cargo space on the way back...but...

Maybe it'll just be easier to mail any large items back?

6. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    How is the major costume project making it out to Indy?

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    If I dont fly I will be driving I can drive with you Grimby,or I can drive my Van,depending on how many drive with will determine how much cargo space I would
    have.Its a seven pass.van,I can take the seats out and have more cargo space.

Sounds good to me. If I drive or you drive or we both drive, it's all good.

8. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Grimby is from the same school as me... The road trip makes it that much longer and more fun :D [face_devil]

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    That's right. :D

10. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I love the idea of a roadtrip. they are always a total blast.

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Zoo...Major costuming project? The one we're doing? Ummm...I have absolutely no idea. Of the options I've explored, the answers I got were similar to, "Wait...it's gonna be HOW big???" LOL.

12. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Other problem is that cell service seems to be pretty limited along some stretches of I-70 (another reason to not like Kansas ). Everyone driving should look at their coverage maps along that route

I just checked with my carrier ,Tmobile( they are the best),As long as there is a cell tower I will have service.They pay my roaming charges so I am good to go.it migh be a bit choppy through CO.
    i am only guarenteed service in a few spots until KS,but I dont think itll be a problem.I always have service where they say it doesnt work.And once we get about 40 miles in to kansas I am covered all the way through till the atlantic.

So I will have a fully working phone for the whole trip.

13. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Sweeet!

And we have no chance of getting lost, since work has me low-jacked w/ my Nextel ;)

Zoom - Yep, that's the one. :p And FYI, they let me "reserve" the big trailer from U-Haul with my Debit card, but I doubt they'll let me pay for it that way :(

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I'd be willing to chip in for the trailer, but it depends on how much it would be. I need to get my costumes there!!! :D

15. tman

tman Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    If you don't go with a trailer I am sure we will have some room to help cary some stuff either way.

16. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    From what I am understanding, due to a couple of large costume projects, a trailer might very well be needed.

In my case, depending on which car I take, will determine if I have no room, or some room for other people's stuff. Afterall, lizard tails take up a lot of room :p

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL... I was just thinking of the Geico gekko :D

Well let me know! I think I can manage to bring my costumes on the plane with some careful packing, but I have one part that I wouldn't like flying. :)

18. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    One of the ideas we had when we first started thinking about this was MAILING our stuff directly to the hotel itself, and having them hold our packages. Or mailing them to whoever will get there first, C/O the hotel.

Could that be an option? I'm still working on travelling as light as possible, even it if means only taking 1 or 2 costumes.

19. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm just offering the transport of the trailer... I can fit all of my stuff and the Birrabels in my car.

Those wanting to have their stuff trailered out need to decide by Feb 15th.

20. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I really need to have it trailered...and I am willing to throw some money at the problem. I know there are a few others who need cargo space. If we had an idea on how much for the trailer and how many were interested in utilizing its spacious space, maybe that would help.

Transporting my costume on the plane would be a total pain in the keister and it would probably be exorbitantly expensive.

So.

21. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Copied from previous page:

Pricing from U-Haul:

6X12 Trailer (396 cu ft - Inside Dimensions 11'7"X6'X5'5") = $87 (2 days 104 miles)

5X10 Trailer (230 cu ft - Inside Dimensions 9'10"X4'9"X4'7") = $87 (2 days 104 miles)

5X8 Trailer (208 cu ft - Inside Dimensions 8'"X4'8"X5'4") = $50 (2 days 104 miles)

4X8 Trailer (142 cu ft - Inside Dimensions 8'1"X4'1"X4') = $38 (2 days 104 miles)

5X9 Uncovered Ramp Trailer (Inside Dimensions 9'2"X4'9" = $50 (2 days 104 miles)

Now we would have it for 10 days (and anyone whose stuff is being transported must be make arrangement to pick up their stuff on the Tuesday following C3). It will be dropped off on the Wednesday following C3 on my way to work in the morning, and there won't be any exceptions, since I have even less space in my garage than Sith Central (and there will be no Crap in my Garage to get rid of ;) ).

So figure 5X that price, plus a bit more for mileage, since we'd be looking at 2X the mileage for the Round Trip.

22. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I'd be more inclined to ship stuff from Indy, as opposed to Indy. If anything happened on the way there, that would be a supreme tragedy.

23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm willing to look into the rental of a trailer but only if 10 to 15 people need to us it, which I don't see happening. But at the rates ZOO put up it looks like it could cost more then $500, we don't know what they charge for additional mileage, we need it 10 days, plus we need to pitch in for gas money.

Seems pricey.?

24. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    It's always pricey... The problem I see is that unless we rent it for Out of State, we aren't protected if anything happens Out of State, and at the same time, I just got the info from the website itself.

Perhaps someone who NEEDS the trailer should call U-Haul and see what the reality of the rate would be for RT to Indy (they didn't have that option on the net, so I fudged it to get a rate).

Whatever is decided, it has to be done by Feb. 15th, as I have to make arrangements if we need to haul a trailer.

25. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm with Kim on this one, unless there are more than two people pitching in on this, its too expensive to go that route...to plan B! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.