main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Con] C3 Caravan Stuff

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    You could always mock up the Naboo Cruiser, it was VERY silver.

For those of us driving, do we want to designate a specific, CENTRAL place to all meet up before we head out en masse for da pilgrimage?

Perhaps out East of Aurora on I-70?

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    How about Ripps (sp?) in Limon? It's the last chance truck stop for Colorado.

3. Zeiken

Zeiken Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    I think it might be a good idea to meet to maybe the weekend before, go out to dinner or something, make sure everyone is on the same page, get to know one another.

An update for Speeder 6- we procured ourselves transport to the Indianapolis System- will be departing from docking bay 94,
    (denver) at 13:00.

4. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Trying to get everyone together a week before CIII could be problematic. However, we are having our final pre-CIII meeting on Saturday, April 2 @ Mistress' new digs in Pueblo.

That would probably be the best time/place for everyone to get to know one another.

5. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Bumped for new people :D

6. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    IF you are having last minute thoughts about driving...

I was looking at Travelocity this morning...flights are
    $194.80..that is is including taxes/fees.

i think there is still room on the NW flight a few of us are on. JUST an FYI for you. :)

7. Zeiken

Zeiken Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    Hey all- this is Dave with Speeder 6- Just announcing an open spot in our car, and our hotel room. We will be leaving from denver between 3 and 4 pm on tuesday, checking into our hotel wednesday night, and checking out sunday night. You pitch for gas, and 75 bucks for the hotel, (thats for all four nights.) Considering our 'flamboyant' college nature, this spot may be best suited to a younger person, not too young, but not old either. (In other words- we're looking to do some serious partying there.
    If you are pregnant or nursing, have a pre-existing heart condition, high blood pressure or bad liver, this trip may not be for you. Consult your doctor about Speeder 6.

8. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    New List for the Road Squadron (yeah I know it's taken but I'm tired and a quart low, so nothing clever came to mind):

Speeder #1 (w/ Enclosed Trailer) (FULL): Leaving from Denver @ 6:30/7AM, Apr 19th
    ZOO
    IB
    JKB
    BB

Speeder #2 (Room for 1): Leaving from Denver @ 6:30/7AM, April 19th (Tailing Speeder #1 the whole way)
    darth-jar
    bone

Speeder #3 : Leaving from Denver @ 4pm, April 19th
    tman
    Netheryl

Speeder #4: Leaving from ??? @ Night, April 19th
    e1jnky
    Shannon
    jthornto

Speeder #5 (w/ Open Trailer): Leaving from ??? @ ???, ???
    COS_Vader
    Darkmood
    FenigDurak

Speeder #6 (Room for 1): Leaving from ??? @ 3/4PM, April 19th
    Zeiken
    CU Crew

Speeder #7 (Room for 1): Leaving from ??? in the AM, April 19th

Speederless Travelers:
    jthornto

Please post approx. start times, dates and locations

9. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I like...

*cues hardcore techno in the background*

RMFF POD RACING DISCO DEATHRACE 2K5!!!

10. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Zoo, you neglected to include me as Speeder #7 Departing sometime Monday AM on April 18th. Returning sometime Monday, April 25th.

Edit: I'm actually leaving TUESDAY THE 19TH

11. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Oh, and at this point, I also have room for 1 passenger.

12. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Oooooop! :eek: [face_blush]

You're leaving Monday? That means you are taking 3 days to get there? Really? :confused:

13. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    I'll be tailing you the whoe way there ZOO!

14. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    We'll have to take turns drafting :p ;)

15. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Drafting I like.
    I have that down to a science. I can ride a bumper, look through their windsheild and tailgate the guy in front of them.

16. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    My bad. Apparently, I still haven't mastered the Western Calendar yet. I'm leaving Tuesday the 19th....

17. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    after snowshoeing of course. ;)

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Changes made :D

19. tman

tman Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    Speeder #3: Leaving from Denver @ 4pm, April 19th
    tman
    Netheryl

Hope that we may be able to catch up at Tuesday night.....

20. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    I'll be in Speeder 4 and we're leaving sometime on Tuesday night from North Denver.

21. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, definitely after Snow-shoeing....

22. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    BUMP I will have info regarding the route and schedule for the main group w/ me at the meeting :)

23. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Zoo, any chance you can post that info here as well?

24. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    The Main Group is leaving from my house at 6:30AM on Tuesday, April 19th and driving East on I-70 straight through until approx. 8PM, which will put us in Effingham, IL (Home of the Giant Lit Up Cross from Hell) for the night. There's a Friday's and a Cracker Barrell right off the highway there (so, here's where my former employment pays off, as we had a mall in that town). From there, the group needing to be onsite at the Indy Con Center for the X-Wing will be leaving at 7AM to arrive in Indy around 9AM. Giving us time for a quick bite before attacking the bird.

The trip back is going to be a matter of personal preference. I for one will NOT be staying in Kansas overnight, so my truck will be traveling straight back to Denver at 6:30AM Monday, April 25th.

I will have maps printed for everyone, getting them to their hotel(s) and I will have the mapping program on my laptop as well.

25. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Gooood MOrning Campers!

Yeah, okay so cheery doesn't work for me :p

Anyway, the Caravan of Fools will be departing from my Home at 6:30AM Tuesday Morning.

All Items to be Transported MUST BE DELIVERED TO MY PLACE BY 7PM Monday.

All Items must be waterproofed.

We are leaving on time, and we are driving straight through to Effingham, IL to stop for the night on Tuesday.

Wednesday morning we are leaving early and getting in to Indy NO LATER THAN 10AM... A big chunk of the Caravan will be working on a certain exhibit, so this is vital.

My car is wired! I have an inverter which will allow operation of the laptop for many things (including DVD's ]:) ). I can also grab some of the EU Books on Tape, if anyone is interested. I do have room for 1 person for certain, and 2 in a pinch. I am driving a full size, 4DR, 4WD Dodge Ram PU... It's flippin' huge.

I know there is concern from [b]COS[/b] about his vehicle, so I am saying that if it is needed, we can probably split people up a little and pull a trailer w/ the truck (it has a 2" ball right now, but I think you can get another receiver ball for like $10 if the trailer has a different hitch). Do we know the status of the trailer yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.