Char, NC Con Carolinas on May 31st

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by motf-jan, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi all,
    I just heard back from the programming director of ConCarolinas in Charlotte. They have giving us two Star Wars Programming slots for sure. The first one will be at 11am on Saturday and will be our Fan Force meeting slot. This can be used as a general meeting, or just a presentation of the various Carolinas Fan Force clubs, how to get one started, etc to help recruit new members who may not know about us. The 501st will have some time to promote themselves as well--although most are members of both! Since this is a con in your city, do you guys want to be the host club for this as far as organization, etc. It's not too big of a deal either way. The second panel will be at 2pm and will be a general discussion panel on Mythology of SW's or Fanfic, not to detailed on this as of yet. The con will also have gaming, 3 panel discussion rooms, art show, dealer's room, kids programming, drum circles, lots of SCA groups, costume contest, auction. Last year they had a first rate consuite-smoking and nonsmoking rooms. We have someone bringing Star Wars fan films from all over the world to show. A little someting for everyone.

So , just let me know, and I can set you up with the proper contact people. I think I can get us a fan table for Fan Force if we have people willing to man it.

Thanks,
    Janet
  2. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    That'd be fun...

Could you PM me the details?
  3. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here is a new Yahoo groups url that you can post questions or get info about ConCarolinas.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ConCarolinas_Info/

Also, a flyer is up on the website along with one day rates. Most of the activity will be on Saturday, but there will be at least one Star Wars panel/get together on Sunday.

We should have a panel schedule available with in the month. It is done, but waiting on the chair's approval.

Janet
  4. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Would you guys please do an official announcement on the Raleigh FF board?
  5. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Will do.
    There is now a complete list so far of Star Wars Gaming, also preliminary programming schedule. We will also have SCA demos/events that are not up yet. We will be adding a few more costuming related panels as soon as we get them sorted out with the 501st.

Also, in the consuite we will have movies from all over the world including Star Wars fan films and
    Star Wars Program Item- Version 0.0 Kurosawa's "The Hidden Fortress"
    > running time 2:16 on DVD with english subtitles, widescreen.

We also have a Fan Force Fan Table. The Rebels and the Swamp Foxes so far have items together to have a raffle for charity. We will also have goodies and flyers to give out. A great way for Charlotte to recruit locals as there should be more of them that out of towners.

Janet
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.