main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Con Nooga

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by mr_nightmarez, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Are they on two separate nights? Or will people be changing into their "after dark" costumes after the Rave? :confused:

2. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    it's all one & the same, Trace :) the Rave will be the place Cosplay After Dark is hosted. :cool:

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Committed..? Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

I've got the con listed on the Bushi Tales boards and I'll go make it so on the MSC one.

Limb

4. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Okay, so, we need "after dark" costumes that we can dance in. [face_thinking]

(I'm all about the par-tay. [face_blush] )

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I hear ya! Yep- gots to go for comfort.

There's always body-paint! ;)

Question for Todd and the CN staff- has anyone contacted Eric Powell about coming down for the show? He's the creator of the comic "The Goon", has won a few Eisner awards, has been working on Action Comics lately, and lives just outside of Nashville. He's going to be a guest at the horror show in Nashville next weekend I believe. Mike Norton who's now in Chicago has family and friends in the Memphis and Jackson, TN areas and would probably like a reason to write off a trip home. He's the artist on The All New Atom, and has worked on TEEN TITANS GO!, Runaways, Voltron, and G.I. Joe comics, as well as co-creating Gravity for Marvel Comics. Mark Waid (writer of Kingdom Come and now on The Flash was here in Memphis last year, and Metropolis before that. He's from and has family still in Alabama or Georgia. He's a great guest! Also ran into Dragon Dronet (SPFX artist and stuntman) at San Diego and he's wanting to come back this way for a visit. Let me know if you're interested in contacting any of them.

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Wow! Look!!! Lin posted!!!!!!!

Dude, if you're offering to paint my wife, I'll go buy the blue wig and pink body paint now!

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/c/c5/Deliahwaist.jpg/250px-Deliahwaist.jpg]

Oh, and great suggestions for guests. (Sorry... Got distracted at the idea of my wife in body paint. :D )

7. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Hmm...I wonder if I can possibly get my Femme Sephiroth (the guy in my icon) costume done by then...with the black pleather corset I'm making, I'd say that would make it an "after dark" costume. XD

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

8. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    RED wig, my friend. RED wig.

I dream of redheads nightly. [face_devil]

There is a God!

9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    *mentally calculates how many sit-ups I'd have to do to get into a Deliah Blue costume*

But I'd SO do it! [face_mischief] :D

10. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    [face_laugh]

i'm already in love with you guys! [face_love]

Traci, get your partay on, girl! it's gonna be a crazy night! ;) [face_mischief]

oh! just an FYI, we are trying to get a "sushi for beginners" class/panel sometime as well! :D

11. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Since you never know when Nightmarez will actually post here, I'll copy those guests down in an e-mail for him to kick it around. I'd love to bring in some more comics guests. Dragon Dronet was brought up a few weeks ago as well, so we're definitly looking to see if we can bring him in.

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    That's our girl!

Have airbrush...will travel!

Hope you guys can get Dragon to Con-nooga. He and Tim have matching flasks!

Oh, saw Todd's dad Norman here at the haunt this weekend. He said he'd be at Con-Nooga to help out. He said, "Don't know what they need me to do there, but I'm going." I told him, "I know Todd- it's to bring bail money." ;)

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    [face_laugh] Lin!! And considering some of the guests at this thing, Todd may need bail money!!

Don't forget to book your rooms, folks! I have a feeling they're going to fill up at the Choo Choo Hotel.

14. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    someone just posted on the ConNooga board today & said that all the THURSDAY TO SUNDAY rooms are now gone, they only have FRIDAY/SATURDAY rooms available at this point at the CHOO CHOO. :eek:

15. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Boy have I been behind lately. Hollie's Hellcats will be in attendance at ConNooga and if you think I'll miss out on the dance party then you are just fooling yourself. I have a killer little number all ready.;)

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Kelsey who's been going to college up in Chattanooga came down to the haunt this weekend as a slider. Todd taught her well! That girl was freaking out the crowds waiting to get inside. If you get a chance to check out the haunts in Chattanooga Todd's running you really should. Wish I had the chance to to get over there.

Speaking of the haunt- it starts back up Thursday and runs thru the 2nd. Oh, and Sal and Jai have been playing rednecks out in the shack. I haven't heard, "You sure got a pretty mouth.", but I have heard the cooment, "You sure got pretty hair!"

You've been warned!

17. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    LOL Well, the "Tough Guys" got pissed that I called them "Buttercup". So far, I made 1 guy puke his guts out on the Grass :p.

18. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    [image=http://connooga.com///ConNoogaNewBanner.jpg]
    www.connooga.com

Almost... there.....

Check out the site for all the latest info. Our programming is PACKED to the point that no one is going to want to sleep that weekend! [face_hypnotized]

19. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Thanks for the updated link! :D *so excited*

Oooh, Kitty's gonna be there? My daughter will be jealous. She's such a Jetta fangirl, LOL.

20. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    OMG I'm SO looking forward to this!!

So far I have maybe two members of my costuming group planning on going with me. Ugh, why can I have MORE?! *crash* Oh well, I'll enjoy myself regardless. ^^

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

21. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    I'm going. HOpe others can make it!

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I need to send Todd the Memphis FF artwork since we'll be one of the fan groups in attendance. The majority of the group will be there.

23. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    You ain't kidding, either! :eek: Yeah, shoot him the artwork and we'll get it on the site!

24. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Can't wait to go, hope to participate in Saber Idol!

25. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Hey Tim... If you haven't already sent the Memphis FF artwork, just send it to me at vesper2112@chattooine.com and I'll get it on the website. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.