Padu, KY CON troversy

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by TK8049, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK8049 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok heres my situation. my friend "Anar"(thats not her real name)called me this week and asked if we would do the Autism Awareness walk at Noble Park on April 26(Sat.). I said I think we could do it(notice how I never commit to it fully). However this is the same weekend as the Cape Con. Basically what I'm askin is if anyone would be willing to do the Autism thing and then go to Cape after? I think the Autism walk starts at 9 a.m. and goes to like 1 p.m. Just let me know what you wanna do.
  2. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    I doubt I will be going to the con. Send me some more info, I'll see what I can do. Or are we just looking for costumers?
  3. ED-VADER Jedi Knight

star 1
    TK, Vader said he will troop the Autism walk.
  4. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sounds like a great opportunity - unfortunately I'm going to be out of town that weekend, otherwise I'd don the robes and talk about how the hate needs to flow through you.

I'll pester Sithmonger to go, he didn't seem too enthused to do Cape anyway.
  5. TKchris Jedi Padawan

ok, i'll do the autism awareness walk. i don't even know if i'm going to the cape con yet, but even if i do i will do the walk, so count me in.
  6. thesilverspyder Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm definitely in. It's a great cause, and 4 blocks from my house. :)
  7. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    So who is going to this event on Saturday morning, and who will go to Cape, either skipping the morning event or going afterwards? And who is planning on staying overnight. I think we need a head count. And only post when you've decided. I'm been voted in charge of the Paducah Imperials Star Wars Fan Force Official "Head Count" Committee and Council. Every good government job should come with a long freakin' title. ;) but no, just joking.

As for me, I'm up for trooping in the morning. I have the kids that weekend and I haven't decided what arrangements or bringing them along would be best. I think even if I go to Cape, Fett's staying on this side of the river.
  8. TK8049 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't anticipate any of the people who play minis(Bubba,William,Greg,Matt,Bower)to be at the park because of the tourney in Cape. i really don't think Cape will need that many costumes cause this is the first con there with the new Gateway garrison and I'm sure they'll have a good turnout.Plus its the cape con u can see it all in 30 min. Anyone who wants to come to the park can come.I'm going to try to secure a pavillion for us. If anyone just wants hang out on a beautiful sunny day with a temp around 75-80 degrees feel free to do so.
  9. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's a bummer I'll miss it. But I'll be thinking of you all.

Take lots of pics.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.