main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC ConCarolinas June 4-6th in Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    http://concarolinas.org/

About ConCarolinas
    When: June 4-6, 2010

Where: Hilton University Place, Charlotte, NC

ConCarolinas is a general multi-genre multi-media convention. We called ourselves a sci-fi convention but in truth we cover all speculative fiction - science fiction, fantasy and horror. It hosts a variety of fandom related events and guests, including gaming, discussion panels, costume events, music events like Klingon Karaoke, charity auction, SCA events, fan groups like the 501st Stormtroopers, Starfleet, and Klingon Assault Group, and something different every year.

In 2003 we held our first full-blown 3-day Science Fiction con - a longer Con than the 2-day 2002 "Prequel" the previous year. It was larger than the mini-con, using more space, having more panels, writing seminars, a bigger dealer room and more guests, including Guest of Honor David Weber. Since then, ConCarolinas has grown to be one of the more respected and talked about cons in the region.

PM me for the password to the group rate. Registration closes May 17.

The hotel is holding a block of rooms. PLEASE if you have even an inkling that you'll be attending book your room now. Last year the con sold out the block and then some and had to go to an overflow hotel. Deadline May 14th

Also, just for reference this is the convention that I am on the ConCom. I'm the Secretary, Fan Table Coordinator and the Asst Dealer Room manager.

Friday night there is going to be a dance - "The Time Traveler's Ball".

Our own andyf and his lovely wife will be hosting Klingon Karaoke Friday and Saturday night.

Guests include Richard Hatch (original Apollo on BSG) and Claudia Christian (Ivanova on B5).

2. angalese

angalese Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2010
    I am judging the costume contest this year! So anyone who has a awesome costume that they have made please come out and enter!! the costume contest is Saturday night! Sign ups are Friday and Saturday I believe.

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Fantastic! Please track me down. I work for the con and the Rebel Legion will have a table set up there as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.