main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ConCarolinas

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, SC' started by motf-jan, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hello fello Carolinians!

I just wanted to let you know the ConCarolinas website has been updated with dealer's room info, a few new guests I think, and the program schedule. The one up now is still tenitive. I believe the Subject Matter is the same, a few time changes though have been made. Also, the Carolinas 501st should be there in force. They've requested a few additional Star Wars related panels and we hope to accomodate them.

There is some Star Wars related gaming already scheduled, but if you have a particular one you are interested in, please contact Ron via the website and they'll try and do something for you.

This is going to be a great opportunity for the area FanForce groups to get together, meet each other, and plan for future events possibly jointly and also exchange ideas for recruitment, etc. We hope you can make it. We should have a pretty good representation from Charleston and Charlotte, and trying to get Columbia and MB to join in also. We will also have some from Raliegh, maybe even Virgina Beach. So this should be fun.

Hotel Block ends May 1st then the rates go up! It's in a great location, about 5 miles from the SC boarder and right off the interstate. Plenty of eateries around that are reasonable.

Thanks,
    Janet

2. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Just an update, check out the website to see the Star Wars gaming that has been added.
    http://secfi.org/concarolinas

Also, showing on Saturday afternoon:
    Star Wars Program Item- Version 0.0 Kurosawa's "The Hidden Fortress"
    > running time 2:16 on DVD with english subtitles, widescreen.

For those who have never saw it, Star Wars was based on this movie. Very good and a must see for Star Wars fans.

Plus there may be some Star Wars fanfilms from all over the world shown.

I'll post the complete schedule when I get it.

Thanks,
    Janet

3. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    Anybody riding with me Saturday to Charlotte needs to be at the house by 7am.
    Thanks

4. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Look forward to seeing you all. Any Rebels coming in on Friday, try and search me out. I'll need some help with the Fan Table.

Looks like Krista won't be able to come so I'll be short 2 helpers, and since I am Treasurer, I also have con buisiness to run.

But I do have the table cloth, raffle tickets, container for the money, container for the raffle tickets, two prize baskets, some various give aways, etc. So it should be fun.

The main raffle push will be on Saturday with the drawing at 6 which will be well before the auction and costume contest.

When you walk into the hotel, turn to the left in the lobby, you'll see registration on the right. Your badges should already be printed up so the wait should be minimal.

Thanks,
    Janet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.