main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Conceding the Point (Luke & Mara viggie, pre-SotP AU, response to First Sentence Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_and_Jag, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Title: Conceding the Point
    Timeframe: pre-SotP
    Characters: Mara, Luke
    Genre: Humorish, AU
    Summary: Mara makes a decision.
    Notes: This is in response to The *NEW* First Sentence Challenge. (The sentence is in bold.) HUGE thanks to Jade_eyes for betaing! :D [:D]

Disclaimer: Definitely not my characters, they belong to George and I just like to play with them.

?Is that a lightsaber in your pocket?or are you just happy to see me??

Luke froze in mid-step. He would know that voice anywhere, but he hadn?t heard from her in months. It couldn?t be. Slowly he turned around and raised his eyebrow at the owner of the voice. ?Mara, fancy seeing you here!? He made a quick appraisal of her and came to the conclusion that she had been gone entirely too long.

Mara snorted and with a sly grin, said, ?I don?t think you answered my question, farmboy.? She took a few steps closer to him and she was clearly evaluating his appearance. ?You look like you haven?t slept in a month.?

Her observation although blunt, wasn?t far from the truth. He grinned sheepishly. ?Oh you know me, trying to save the galaxy one person at a time.? There was a slight pause. ?Care to join me for lunch? I was just heading over to grab something.?

She shook her head and declined. ?Actually, I was kind of hoping you might have a couple minutes to talk.? She glanced around the large hall that they were standing in with young Jedi scuttling from place-to-place. ?In private.?

Luke let out a breath and nodded. ?Sure thing, just follow me.? He began to lead her through the curving walkways to his office. She fell in step next to him and he contemplated asking her where?d she been the past few months. He?d tried to get ahold of her a few times, but when she wanted to be unavailable, she was the hardest one to pin down.

He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye. She looked really good. Healthy, happy, two things he hadn?t seen Mara Jade looking the last few times he?d crossed her path. She was sporting the tight black leather pants that were her trademark, along with an olive blouse that off-set her brilliant red hair. To finish her ensemble, she had her trusty black leather boots and a matching belt, surprisingly with a lightsaber hanging at her hip and her blaster suspiciously absent.

Luke reached his office door and palmed the activator. The door slid open and he waved his hand at the open chairs in front of his desk before taking a seat in his chair. Their eyes met for an awkward moment before Luke broke the silence. ?How?ve you been? I tried to get a hold of you a few times but nobody knew exactly where you were.?

Mara looked guilty for a second, or at least Luke thought she had. It was probably just his imagination. ?I just needed some time to clear my head, figure things out.? She made eye contact. ?I needed to be alone.?

Luke broke the eye contact and glanced at his desk. He decided to just cut to the core. ?So what?s up, Mara? What do you need to talk to me about?? When she didn?t respond immediately, Luke looked back up at her. Suddenly, the confident and controlled Mara he had always known was gone and in her place sat a lookalike who was nervous and shy. He decided to just give her a minute to collect her thoughts. Whatever it is, it must be something big.

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. ?I?ve been thinking a lot lately.? She paused. ?Like a lot, a lot.? She glanced up for a moment, but her eyes found the wall behind him much more interesting. ?I?ve been thinking about the Smugglers? Alliance, Karrde, the Academy.? She took a breath. ?You.? Her eyes found his for a moment and something happened. Luke wasn?t sure exactly what had happened, but something had just changed. And with that change, came the reemergence of the fiery, confident woman he knew.

?I just wanted to let you know, that

2. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    I'll be back My Dear. ;)

3. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Wonderful! =D= Awesome. I love the pre-romance tension. And you did an excellent job with it. Great Job.

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely piece=D==D=

5. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Not many people do early Luke/Mara very well, but you excelled. Great job.

6. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Great job.=D=

I really liked this Mara and Luke scene. You knew that sparks were going to fly between the two and I can't believe Han walked in on them, just when Luke was going to say something to her. :rolleyes:

Does Solo not know it's not wise to anger a Jedi Master? [face_laugh]

7. Rigil_Kent

Rigil_Kent Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2004
    But what did she win? [face_mischief]

8. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    [face_laugh] Loved it! :D Perfect L/M!

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Splendid!! J&J, do please make this a habit!!! The L&M sweetness. :D @};-

10. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Loverly.

Nice work!

CJM

11. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Hahahhahhaha! The ending line was amazing! That was an adoreable ficcie girl! Great great great job!

[face_good_luck] Irish

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Finally, replies. [face_blush] I?m sorry it took so long! For some reason, I thought I?d already done them? [face_thinking]

Kick: I?ll be waiting. [face_love] [face_batting] :p

Dana: (Is it okay if I call you that? Your username is too long for me to type. :p :p ) But thank you! :D And I love pre-romantic tension too. [face_love] I mean, romantic tension is nice, but pre-romantic tension is just HAWT. [face_love] :p

early-bird: Thank you! :D

Jek: [face_blush] You know how to make a girl blush!! Thank you! :D

Lola: I can't believe Han walked in on them, just when Luke was going to say something to her.
    I know! [face_frustrated] Spoilsport! [face_not_talking] :p

Does Solo not know it's not wise to anger a Jedi Master?
    You?d think he would?ve learned by now? :p
    Thanks for reading. :D

Rigil_Kent: But what did she win?
    I think we all know.. [face_mischief] Thanks for reading. :D

Myriad: Thank you! :D

Lovely Beta: I would love to make this a habit. :D I do enjoy to write L/M. Thanks for reading and huge thanks for betaing. :D [:D]

CJM: Thank you! :D

Irish: I?m glad you liked the last line. It just came natural. :p Thanks for reading. :D

13. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    How did I miss this? It's terrific! Great bantering, and that's just how I think Mara would have announced her decision. "Here I am. Bring it on!"

14. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Thanks! :D And yeah, Mara is definitely that type of person.

15. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm back and I'm so sorry it took so long Becky.

This was great as your L/M always is. You write both as if I were reading it out of a book.

And, yeah, I think Luke can handle her? ;)

And this is a good timeframe for them..when they're still unsure of their feelings and there is still some tension between them, but they're so close to working through it. [face_peace]

Excellent work!

16. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Excellent! Well written and entertaining. That was just what I needed today!

Bravo! =D=

17. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hahaha! Busted! I bet Han was grinning ear to ear, too. This was so cute; I loved it! =D=

18. Ice1605

Ice1605 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    That was funny, I enjoyed it. Especially when Luke says that he is trying to "save the galaxy, one person at a time" and when Han walks in. I could see that happening!

19. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    Very sweet and funny. :)

20. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Luke sat up and raised his eyebrow at his brother-in-law. ?Think you could?ve interrupted at a worse moment?!"

Han laughed. ?Hey, it?s payback for all those times you interrupted me and Leia, kid.?

[face_laugh]

Well done and good story. :) Liked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.